E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Our existence

10-16-2022, 02:57 PM   #23
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I can't grasp the concept, however I probably can't wrap my human mind around many things, like giant numbers.

However just because I can't understand it doesn't mean I can dismiss it as a possibility. I mean just look at monkeys vs us. Smartest monkey ever couldn't wrap their mind around basic human ideas, what about an ant, bacteria? There might be things we cannot even see/sense etc.
There’s nothing to grasp. That’s what makes the Big Bang impossible to believe
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:00 PM   #24
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
The afterlife..... is like insurance.

I hate to die and get to see St.Peter and he will say, so.. you didn't believe, hmm,
all fake, man made, just something that weak minded poor people think.. then pointing to the blinding light of the throne of God, saying, so what do you think that is you schmuck a giant bagel... Bye, exit stage left, going down ?
Here is the thing. I can't believe something just in case. So if the religion requires you to genuinely believe I can't do it. It's like if you tell me I must agree pigs can fly or you will kill me, I'll agree, but I don't really believe it. If you can really believe it then more power to you, I wish I could.

Secondly how do you know which of all the gods is the true god? They all have different rules, so which rules do you follow? If you believe you just need to be a good person in general then I already abide by that, no god or afterlife promise needed.
Appreciate 1
      10-16-2022, 03:06 PM   #25
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 230 2020 vert F23

I love this film, even as a Christian I think it's awesome. ONE scene in the film really made me think

The world? That wasn’t the world.
Those were just Buffalo praying...

Then you think well ok this whole world and then you think God is God of the universe,..... thats a lot of people ! (ok I know that's a speciest thing to say)
Well that's why he's God I expect

If I die and God turns out to look exactly like Morgan Freeman, I'm going to laugh so hard I'll wet myself
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:08 PM   #26
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
Quote:
I can't grasp the concept, however I probably can't wrap my human mind around many things, like giant numbers.

However just because I can't understand it doesn't mean I can dismiss it as a possibility. I mean just look at monkeys vs us. Smartest monkey ever couldn't wrap their mind around basic human ideas, what about an ant, bacteria? There might be things we cannot even see/sense etc.
There’s nothing to grasp. That’s what makes the Big Bang impossible to believe
I like space and all that stuff so I listen and watch a lot of space and physics stuff. Everyone I've heard speak about the Big Bang make no real claims about what happened or what was before the Big Bang. In fact they have theories etc up to right after the "bang". Before that I think it's pretty well agreed we just don't know.

However no matter what explanation you want to go with, ultimately, it all goes back to something from nothing. If god exists where did god come from? If there is no god where did everything come from? If it's all a simulation where did the simulators come from?

There is no satisfying answer IMO. The Big Bang is just trying to explain what we currently observe. If everything is expanding and moving away from each other, physics would say it must have all expanded from some point in the past, hence the Big Bang.
Appreciate 1
///d1820.00
      10-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #27
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

"So, Homer, you saw the big cheese? What'd he look like?"

"Perfect teeth, nice smell, a class act all the way."

now I really gotta go, enjoy the rest of your weekend guys !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:13 PM   #28
nazali
Major
Canada
Rep

Did they just write a paper that they disproved the BB theory ?

When I mean "they" I mean the scientists, not Sheldon Lee Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D

Quote:
There is no satisfying answer IMO. The Big Bang is just trying to explain what we currently observe. If everything is expanding and moving away from each other, physics would say it must have all expanded from some point in the past, hence the Big Bang.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:17 PM   #29
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
The thing I sometimes think about that causes a slight suffocating feeling is what when I wonder happens after we die?
I've always wondered why people think this.

You rot.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #30
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

I am not a believer. IMO, we humans have in our minds, created "gods" to explain things we did not understand. Earlier humans worshipped gods of fire etc and the moon and sun were gods. As science has advanced, we no longer need "gods" to explain what the sun, moon and fire are but there is a great big universe out there full of things we still don't understand. Doesn't mean we won't someone day...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:33 PM   #31
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazali View Post
Did they just write a paper that they disproved the BB theory ?

When I mean "they" I mean the scientists, not Sheldon Lee Cooper, Ph.D., Sc.D
But can you really disprove it? We can make best educated guesses at best.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #32
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I like space and all that stuff so I listen and watch a lot of space and physics stuff. Everyone I've heard speak about the Big Bang make no real claims about what happened or what was before the Big Bang. In fact they have theories etc up to right after the "bang". Before that I think it's pretty well agreed we just don't know.

However no matter what explanation you want to go with, ultimately, it all goes back to something from nothing. If god exists where did god come from? If there is no god where did everything come from? If it's all a simulation where did the simulators come from?

I wasn’t implying religion in my post. If anything I tend to believe no god exists. I also don’t really believe in the Big Bang. Or simulation. There no logical reason that anything can be created from nothing.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:41 PM   #33
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

This is the kind of thread to participate in while high

(BRB)
Appreciate 3
JAI///M3528.00
nazali1311.50
Bingham276.00
      10-16-2022, 03:45 PM   #34
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wasn’t implying religion in my post. If anything I tend to believe no god exists. I also don’t really believe in the Big Bang. Or simulation. There no logical reason that anything can be created from nothing.
My point was all logical explanations end up at something from nothing. You don't believe in god or the big bang, ok. So where do you believe everything came from?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 03:50 PM   #35
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
My point was all logical explanations end up at something from nothing. You don't believe in god or the big bang, ok. So where do you believe everything came from?
No idea. But I sure as hell know it wasn’t the Big Bang. And if there are more stars than grains of sand than I also know if you don’t believe in extra terrestrial life you have a few screws loose.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:20 PM   #36
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Interesting developments to my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I personally am not sure if there is anything after death. If there is, I hope all my questions are answered, if there isn't, well, guess it wont matter lol

to relate that to the OP and the title;

I feel like a lot of people have to justify their existence with religion, promise of an afterlife, etc. Without those I think people in general would crumble, which is why I see religion and the promise of an afterlife as something created to control the masses. Not necessarily in a negative way, but to give people purpose and shape a "moral" society, because otherwise we would live in a chaotic free-for-all world because there would be no judgement. I am not a religious person and I don't feel the need to justify my existence, I'm here so I'm going to make the best of it until I no longer can.

But thats just me. I may be wrong, many will tell me I am wrong, but
I get your logic behind that, and it may be true, to control the masses. For sure many of the ppl heading the various institutions are corrupt, just like ppl who want for positions of power, the sociopaths are often drawn towards that. Just look at Catholicism, for example, the fact that they try to cover up all those pedo cases right there destroys their credibility. Anyway, I don't really wanna get into any religious arguments ITT, suffice to say that all these concepts are obviously human-made, and no one has any evidence so anyone can basically make up anything and no one is right w any remote degree of certainty.

I think that goodness is innate, but unfortunately some of us who are more susceptible to whatever factors get corrupted along the way and do bad things.

Quote:

Exactly, some ppl lack the ability to think beyond themselves, always having to relate it back to humans. That is a very close-minded way to think. One example I always find laughable is ppl determining if there is life beyond Earth and saying maybe not because they are having difficulties finding a planet similar to that of our planet...but that is their limited human monkey brain talking again. What if there are beings that live in fire? Heck, don't even need to inhabit a planet? So many other ways to think about things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I've always wondered why people think this.

You rot.
Physically, for sure, unless you're cremated or met some untimely demise. Ofc I'm talking about spiritually/mentally/etc some other form if one is open to the idea of not just YOLO.

As for all this talk about the Big Bang Theory, well, there's nothing to *disprove*, right? It is just a theory, not a law, say, the law of gravity.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:24 PM   #37
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Interesting developments to my thread.

I get your logic behind that, and it may be true, to control the masses. For sure many of the ppl heading the various institutions are corrupt, just like ppl who want for positions of power, the sociopaths are often drawn towards that. Just look at Catholicism, for example, the fact that they try to cover up all those pedo cases right there destroys their credibility. Anyway, I don't really wanna get into any religious arguments ITT, suffice to say that all these concepts are obviously human-made, and no one has any evidence so anyone can basically make up anything and no one is right w any remote degree of certainty.

I think that goodness is innate, but unfortunately some of us who are more susceptible to whatever factors get corrupted along the way and do bad things.

Exactly, some ppl lack the ability to think beyond themselves, always having to relate it back to humans. That is a very close-minded way to think. One example I always find laughable is ppl determining if there is life beyond Earth and saying maybe not because they are having difficulties finding a planet similar to that of our planet...but that is their limited human monkey brain talking again. What if there are beings that live in fire? Heck, don't even need to inhabit a planet? So many other ways to think about things.

Physically, for sure, unless you're cremated or met some untimely demise. Ofc I'm talking about spiritually/mentally/etc some other form if one is open to the idea of not just YOLO.

As for all this talk about the Big Bang Theory, well, there's nothing to *disprove*, right? It is just a theory, not a law, say, the law of gravity.
Let’s call a spade a spade. It’s stupid the Big Bang has any relevance when we (as humans) can’t travel past the moon.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:26 PM   #38
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Let’s call a spade a spade. It’s stupid the Big Bang has any relevance when we (as humans) can’t travel past the moon.
I have no idea, all I know is that it's just a theory, ppl can argue for it or against it. I'm not particularly interested one way or another.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:30 PM   #39
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have no idea, all I know is that it's just a theory, ppl can argue for it or against it. I'm not particularly interested one way or another.
Well this is your thread and it seems your interested
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:32 PM   #40
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We as humans couldn’t fly through the air much less travel to the moon 120 years ago…
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:35 PM   #41
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
We as humans couldn’t fly through the air much less travel to the moon 120 years ago…
So why is it a commonly held belief that the Big Bang happened? We couldn’t fly 120 years ago but we know how the universe works we created. Makes alot of sense
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:40 PM   #42
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well this is your thread and it seems your interested
Not in this particular subject of Big Bang Theory. That's like asking the 'how' when I want to how the 'why'. /Merovingian
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:48 PM   #43
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So why is it a commonly held belief that the Big Bang happened? We couldn’t fly 120 years ago but we know how the universe works we created. Makes alot of sense
Sounds like someone doesn’t understand the science. And I don’t really either but it is a theory and it seems to best explain what is observable in our universe. Is it a fact, no, but I don’t dismiss it because I don’t understand it or it doesn’t make sense to me. Hell crypto doesn’t make sense to me other than the technology behind it but that doesn’t make bitcoin itself valuable.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2022, 04:54 PM   #44
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Sounds like someone doesn’t understand the science. And I don’t really either but it is a theory and it seems to best explain what is observable in our universe. Is it a fact, no, but I don’t dismiss it because I don’t understand it or it doesn’t make sense to me. Hell crypto doesn’t make sense to me other than the technology behind it but that doesn’t make bitcoin itself valuable.
There is no science and there’s no proof. It’s a widely accepted fact which no one can explain.
Appreciate 0