E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Land Rover drivers really get on my nerves.

03-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Land Rover drivers really get on my nerves.

Yea, I know there probably are some nice Land Rover owners out there (and on this forum) and I shouldn't stereotype people... but every Land Rover driver I encounter drives like a complete jerk.

Typically on my daily commute it's the women Land Rover drivers that piss me off the most. Just today some lady was weaving her land barge in and out of traffic, driving at excessive speeds, and at times tailgating me, like it was a little sports car or something. I don't think she realized her LR4 isn't as sporty and manueverable as she may think it is.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the whole "I'm driving a European vehicle" mentallity that gives these people the wrong idea they're driving an M3 or something. Maybe they think "It's European so it must manuever better than 90% of the cars out there."

Sorry, just had to gripe after today's encounter. But it happens to me at least once a day.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

I think it's more the women part than the LR part. I don't remember ever having an issue with people in land rovers. now u want to talk about jerks, people in pickups an civics lol I honestly don't know which is more obnoxious...
Just generalizing. Not everyone in these cars is a jerk. I think we all know the type of drivers I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Raine
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E82, '04 E60

You know, they say BMW drivers are the most obnoxious drivers but I don't find that the case.

Imo, asshole drivers are usually driving:

VW Jetta/Golf TDI
Mazda3
F-150s
      03-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
qcodec
A driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: This isn't a 964

Well I firmly believe this is a driver's issue. (I mean other drivers, not you)

I've never had any problem when I'm driving Chevy S10 in my town and highway, no stress at all. But with my 135i, the situation is totally different. It seems like people react instantly to the brand and size. It becomes a target of bullies.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
az34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 z4sdrive35i 2008 x5 3.0i

i think you are genaralizing, it could happen whit any kind (makes) of car. driven by a men or woman.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
redhot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 Z4 sDrive35i

On the contrary, I do enjoy the antics of people trying to weave in / out of traffic and speeding knowing that my car has more power than the 90% of folks on the road if there were an itch to scratch on the freeway.

Just open the top, put on some nice music and let others try to race you . There's nothing more satisfying than being zen about it.
      03-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I always enjoy leading one of those clowns in an SUV through a highway interchange. It's like serving up a little reality.
      03-14-2012, 01:56 AM   #8
tamana
Private
Rep
Drives: nids

Quote:
Originally Posted by az34 View Post
i think you are genaralizing, it could happen whit any kind (makes) of car. driven by a men or woman.
I think so.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #9
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

They should not allow Landrovers in the BMW lane's anyway
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Weird Side Effect
Side effects may include...
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3, e46 M3

I find douchebaggery across the board when it comes to driving. You can find assholes/bitches driving all sorts of cars. I can't stand most people in general, so I really can't stand them when they're driving like idiots. I usually just give them a taste of their own medicine, or sit back and hope they plow into the next light pole while I yell curses at them.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #11
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

I have been saying this for years. Usually its the LR Sport drivers who drive like a complete jackass. The LR Discovery counter parts are much more civilized in comparison.

Most fast drivers try to be polite and I move over for them but the LRS folks just balls out tails you. In those case I dont bother doing anything because they won't even wait for you to move over. Let me just say it gave me great sanctification to see one pulled over yesterday. The LRS was completely blacked out with a driver in his Hugh Boss Suit and a purple tie like someone walked out of a GQ shoot.

OP is spot on in my opinion. First more powerful car lowers the barrier to speed and second people who can afford 90k+ cars have an air of entitlement. Out of my way or else, I am better than you, I need to be be somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
Yea, I know there probably are some nice Land Rover owners out there (and on this forum) and I shouldn't stereotype people... but every Land Rover driver I encounter drives like a complete jerk.

Typically on my daily commute it's the women Land Rover drivers that piss me off the most. Just today some lady was weaving her land barge in and out of traffic, driving at excessive speeds, and at times tailgating me, like it was a little sports car or something. I don't think she realized her LR4 isn't as sporty and manueverable as she may think it is.

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the whole "I'm driving a European vehicle" mentallity that gives these people the wrong idea they're driving an M3 or something. Maybe they think "It's European so it must manuever better than 90% of the cars out there."

Sorry, just had to gripe after today's encounter. But it happens to me at least once a day.

Last edited by Robert; 03-14-2012 at 03:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 10:59 AM   #12
JoeyO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: silver car

Thank you. I think the people who say they don't notice a difference among drivers are just being politically correct or just haven't logged enough miles on the road.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #13
Weird Side Effect
Side effects may include...
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 M3, e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO
Thank you. I think the people who say they don't notice a difference among drivers are just being politically correct or just haven't logged enough miles on the road.

Fcuk political correctness. I'm so sick of it being pushed down out throats these days. You won't see me being PC for anyone.

And I totally agree with you.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
sochermit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 325i, 2012 135i

I see many drivers with big vehicles drive recklessly. As to drivers of small vehicles. I think, the big ones, feel invulnerable and safe in their larger vehicles. Many times I see grills in my rearview mirror. Just bad drivers in all types of vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
lcrain
Captain
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS

To me, its bigger cars in general. I am amazed by how aggressively people will drive larger cars. Tahoes, escalades, range rovers etc. My friends who drive tahoes drive like maniacs. My girlfriend drives a land cruiser (which I love by the way) and she is a terrible driver. Her foot is either on the gas or on the brake. It makes for the most uncomfortable drives. I am not trying to say I am the best driver but I think I can drive fairly smoothly. I don't like speeding around town. I would think that someone driving a larger car would drive more cautious.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #16
sanf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI

and the things that people say about BMW drivers. hahaha

I was looking into a LR4 myself. I am screwed if I have both BMW and the LR
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #17
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I totally agree! I go to school at UCLA and every time I commute around there, there are a lot of nice cars because we live so close to Beverly Hills. I see Range Rovers daily, and every single one of them drive like they stole it. It's really damn annoying. They love to honk and love to weave. F-150s are close to that douchbaggery level also.
Appreciate 0