E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E92 LCI Converstion...anyone try it?

05-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #67
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Damn, well this might be a deal breaker if the FRM3 is necessary.
hmm I thought VS coded my FRM2 to FRM3, i will double check and get back to you
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 11:18 PM   #68
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
hmm I thought VS coded my FRM2 to FRM3, i will double check and get back to you
lol no point now. Put some Orion V4's in my headlights.
      06-17-2014, 02:43 PM   #69
NightStalker
Rep
Drives: Audi

Update. Changed to FRM3 still having a few issues for the headlights. Coding be the wiring diagram and etc
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #70
Benny_0
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSNGH View Post
Update. Changed to FRM3 still having a few issues for the headlights. Coding be the wiring diagram and etc
Hi there,

Im in the process of my conversion atm, I have all the parts and tested fitted before I send off to paint next week. Got a FRM3 today and tried the lights to see if would work without the flickering i got with the FRM2. They do now work, but seems there are 10 used pins (wires) on pre-lci headlight connectors, where as LCI headlight connectors have 12 pins (wires). My guess is these 2 extra wires power/control the amber side makers as they are not working.

Any ideas/diagrams of where the 2 extra wires need to run to? Im guessing back to FRM3?

Also with the new FRM3 module my windows don't drop slightly when door opens (i have a coupe), does this now need to be coded to the new module?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed

Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #71
Benny_0
Rep
Drives: E92

How the test fit looked before paint

Name:  1407850963712.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  100.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #72
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_0 View Post
Hi there,

Im in the process of my conversion atm, I have all the parts and tested fitted before I send off to paint next week. Got a FRM3 today and tried the lights to see if would work without the flickering i got with the FRM2. They do now work, but seems there are 10 used pins (wires) on pre-lci headlight connectors, where as LCI headlight connectors have 12 pins (wires). My guess is these 2 extra wires power/control the amber side makers as they are not working.

Any ideas/diagrams of where the 2 extra wires need to run to? Im guessing back to FRM3?

Also with the new FRM3 module my windows don't drop slightly when door opens (i have a coupe), does this now need to be coded to the new module?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed

hello the symptoms you are describing is because of your FRM3 module change..they need to be re coded back and everything will be back to normal.

also im not sure about the pins as i have been very busy but i will be coding the FRM3 from someone and will keep this thread updated
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 06:31 AM   #73
GOWRIN
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 435D XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS 8 View Post
hello the symptoms you are describing is because of your FRM3 module change..they need to be re coded back and everything will be back to normal.

also im not sure about the pins as i have been very busy but i will be coding the FRM3 from someone and will keep this thread updated
Any news on the 3 LED Markers. I done this conversion and everything seems to work find apart from the LED Markers.
Everything points to a wiring issue, new wires need to be run to get the LED markers to work.
Did you manage to get yours working?
      01-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #74
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWRIN View Post
Any news on the 3 LED Markers. I done this conversion and everything seems to work find apart from the LED Markers.
Everything points to a wiring issue, new wires need to be run to get the LED markers to work.
Did you manage to get yours working?
Actually I'm having a different problem right now.

The module has been fully coded to spec

But the eyebrow will not light up upon turning on the headlights and also the angel eyes will not dim when xenons are on. But the three LEDs do light up

I think you are right it is an wiring issue..

If only I can get hands on with an wiring diagram..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 05:08 AM   #75
GOWRIN
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Actually I'm having a different problem right now.

The module has been fully coded to spec

But the eyebrow will not light up upon turning on the headlights and also the angel eyes will not dim when xenons are on. But the three LEDs do light up

I think you are right it is an wiring issue..

If only I can get hands on with an wiring diagram..
The wiring diagrams seems tricky to get hold of for an E92

I have mine fully coded and the angel eyes work great, I don't think the angel eyes are meant to dim when the xenons are on, they don't here on any cars not sure if that's for the UK/Europe.

The eyebrows and 3 LEDs only come on when the xenons are on with the LCI cars.

That's strange, the 3 LEDs and eyebrows both use the same wires, so if one works the other should too. I know that because I took my headlights apart.

What did you do to get the 3 LEDs working, I could check with my headlights and see what can be done. I just want the 3 LEDs to work, I've done a blackout with the headlights so my eyebrows are black, would like to see how that looks when lit up :/
      01-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #76
NightStalker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWRIN View Post
The wiring diagrams seems tricky to get hold of for an E92

I have mine fully coded and the angel eyes work great, I don't think the angel eyes are meant to dim when the xenons are on, they don't here on any cars not sure if that's for the UK/Europe.

The eyebrows and 3 LEDs only come on when the xenons are on with the LCI cars.

That's strange, the 3 LEDs and eyebrows both use the same wires, so if one works the other should too. I know that because I took my headlights apart.

What did you do to get the 3 LEDs working, I could check with my headlights and see what can be done. I just want the 3 LEDs to work, I've done a blackout with the headlights so my eyebrows are black, would like to see how that looks when lit up :/
post up your wiring on your headlights..to be honest my 3 LEDS began to work from day 1 when i installed the FRM3 module lol

the angel eyes actually do dim !! i have seen it on videos and in person...its funny we have the opposite problems haha.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 06:32 AM   #77
GOWRIN
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
post up your wiring on your headlights..to be honest my 3 LEDS began to work from day 1 when i installed the FRM3 module lol

the angel eyes actually do dim !! i have seen it on videos and in person...its funny we have the opposite problems haha.
You must have different wiring in the US then possibly :/
Pics of the right headlight socket and wiring are below, I have two blank spaces on mine at the mo, maybe that's the power for the eyebrows/LED markers...

I decided to check if mine dim when xenons are put on but they don't, I kinda prefer it that way so it's cool

Would be good if you put yours wiring and socket pics up so I can compare or you could tell me the diff
Attached Images

01-26-2015, 07:56 AM   #78
NightStalker
Rep

On me your number. For faster responces
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 05:48 PM   #79
pe7er
Rep
Drives: 335i N54 DCT

did some fix that issue?
i did a conversion to e92 LCI but the eyebrow won't work ,but the 3 LEDs works fine! the Angel Eyes do also not dim when Xenons are on . connected Pin 7 from headlights to FRM3 Pin 8 / Pin 50. Any idea?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 06:04 PM   #80
Sauceedoutcoupe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 bmw 335i coupe

Aight so to start off , I want to point out that I purchased my 2010 e92 pre-lci 335i because of the N54 , it having my options that I wanted including the sport suspension, nav, Bluetooth, peanut butter interior etc, and finding it on Copart for the low just sold it for me. I bought a m4 style lci bumper on some nonsense misreading what the sale post said , but I do like the lci look, especially from the rear. This coupled with the fact that it needed new headlights, grilles, and a hood anyway, I figured I should just go out and do it if I wanted to. The headlights are still a bag and it’s 2019, but I was wondering if besides a hood, grilles, and lights, do I need anything else ? I keep on thinking fenders but everybody says fenders are fine. When I look at the few projects I’ve seen, sometimes the lights still look wonky in between the bumper and the hood is that to be expected ? The main issues I’m seeing are light wiring and deciding between the different frm modules. Has the wiring been figured out successfully , anybody have pictures of how there’s are set up? I’m assuming I’m just going to end up going with frm3 because of the issues with frm2 , but if anybody figured out frm2 feel free to explain .
Appreciate 0