E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > What the hell...

10-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #23
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
<<SNIP>> Anyway a group of us have decided that we will all ring the police the moment the kids start to congregate and keep on ringing and ringing until something gets done.
Ah, the "squeaky wheel" approach.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #24
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Gav,

As you may have noticed before - this is why I HATE West Yorkshire Police.

I cant comment on other forces, but West Yorkshire are one of the laziest, least interested forces I know.

They have good stats because they are fantastic at fudging them. As a 'whole' or collective, they couldnt give a flying fuck, and Norman Bettison is the biggest layabout of them all.

Hence why I got the hell out of there.

I am sorry to hear about the woes though mate, especially regards the kids knocking about because there is nothing worse - you really are just about powerless to do anything about them.

Hope you and Ali are ok.

Matt
Thanks Matt. I had noticed your apparent dislike! To be fair I have had some dealings with officers in the past who were excellent and haven't got your 'inside knowledge' so am not really in a position to pass judgement on the entire WY Police Service. At the moment things are not looking too good though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp View Post
That's what we had to do with chavs on bikes on the fields behind our old house - it's was a nightmare - once you start clogging up their switchboard the police start to get serious. Obviously getting local Councilors involved too helps. I don't hold any of them in particularly high regard but unfortunately they're the ones who, if they can be arsed, get things sorted. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Ah, the "squeaky wheel" approach.
Yep! I intend to keep on and on and on and on and on!

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Thanks Matt. I had noticed your apparent dislike! To be fair I have had some dealings with officers in the past who were excellent and haven't got your 'inside knowledge' so am not really in a position to pass judgement on the entire WY Police Service. At the moment things are not looking too good though.

Yep! I intend to keep on and on and on and on and on!
Yeah sorry, perhaps I have sort of ranted to the point where I missed the point!!

Individual officers can often be great, going above and beyond the call of duty.

Instructions from on high however make it easy for those who are naturally bone idle to remain so. It's easier to fudge the stats (and preferrable) than it is to put the work in.

Essentially, on many occasions the officers who really prove their worth are actually acting against instructions or policy.

The call centre staff are frankly awful. Many are barely
literate and yet believe they have the right to determine over the phone what is and what is not 'civil' law etc.

I caught more than my fair share of emails (email filtering, I was in IT) from call centre staff gloating about fucking each others husbands!!

The whole place just leaves a bad taste in my mouth - I used to feel dirty being there.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 04:05 PM   #26
Baby Dave
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 320d m sport

Rockit,
tell the police that your wife has now suffered the undetectable whiplash.the accident is now an injury accident and the police are now duty bound to investigate this and have to serve the micra's owner with a form telling them who was driving the car at the time of the accident.failure to do this leaves the owner with points on their licence and a possible day in court.
      10-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #27
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post

I caught more than my fair share of emails (email filtering, I was in IT) from call centre staff gloating about fucking each others husbands!!
Fair play to them, were they hot or not?
      10-19-2009, 04:09 PM   #28
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Your lucky they just kick a football around. If 30 guys here in baltimore were running through the neighborhood they would be shooting and looting and burning and the army would have to be called.

I wish my only neighborhood concerns were with some football stealers. However here, Id have my shotgun, and they would think twice about stealing my football, hehe.

Still sucks though, and it shouldnt be happening. And I cant believe that the police wont do anything about the uninsured driver, thats just weird.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #29
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

According to this new site most of the UK has 'average' crime levels and the areas I looked at said crime was 'decreasing'. And that my local Constabulary is performing well under challenging targets.

Looks like government spin again to me

If the local rozzers ignore your plea for help then it doesn't get logged as 'crime', therefore the numbers go down. Simple.

http://maps.police.uk/
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 04:49 AM   #30
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
TWATS TWATS TWATS.

Police response not much better either by the sound of it.

Hope you get sorted soon Gav.
      10-22-2009, 05:47 AM   #31
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Go see the film Harry Brown - the new Michael Caine one.

Shows EXACTLY how to deal with chavs, and EXACTLY what a bunch of useless fuckwits the police are!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #32
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

When is a crime not a crime. When Police chiefs want to keep there figures within targets

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8320000.stm
Appreciate 0