E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Blade Motor Group - The Worst & Most Dishonest VW Dealer Ever

Closed Thread

12-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #133
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
      12-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #134
ordinarybloke
Banned
Rep
Drives: Many and various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
For an 'ordinary bloke' your arrogance is quite breathtaking.

Fair enough you don't care what I think, but to suggest that I and other members on the forum have little idea of what goes on in the real world beggars belief.

So levelling an accusation at 'Biscuits' that he is in effect being economical with the truth is NOT casting aspersions?

Do you know 'Biscuits' personally?

Why would 'Biscuits' version of events be so grossly one sided?

Your car collection and your latest acquisition?
If as you suggest it will make me insanely jealous,why don't you let me make my own mind up and post pics of this 'to die' for vehicle.

Put up or STFU

Dealers - I have nothing against them personally, we all have to make a living.
However I don't like to hear about other members being treated unfairly and I have no reason to doubt 'Biscuits' version of events,even though you find it so grossly one sided as to suggest that Biscuits has in some way fabricated certain elements of what actually transpired.

If as you claim your the "genuine expert" in this field and your right and everyone who's contributed to this thread is wrong, we could all benefit from your undoubted wisdom in ALL things car related, and revealing your identity should not be a problem, should it?
All biscuits has to do H Coup is to post the Blade letter and we'll all be the wiser for it. If he's right his favourite charity will get my £100. Promise. You lot are not necessarily wrong but you don't know all the facts.

Lets be honest shall we a bloke who posts "Blade Motor Group - The Worst & Most Dishonest VW Dealer Ever" is a bit suspect. Lacks a little balance don't you think. Probably not a great witness in court either.

Over and out for now. Best wishes to all my new found friends. Love you all. X

Last edited by ordinarybloke; 12-11-2010 at 12:57 PM.. Reason: Additional thought. Spelling
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #135
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ordinarybloke View Post
All biscuits has to do H Coup is to post the Blade letter and we'll all be the wiser for it. If he's right his favourite charity will get my £100. Promise. You lot are not necessarily wring but you don't know all the facts.
But you do?

Does that not strengthen our case that in fact you DO have something to do with Blade.

Sorry OB, but your halo is starting to disappear, how about you come clean to the forum and reveal the truth.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 01:31 PM   #136
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Revealing too much about his cars might reveal who he is which implies he is, or thinks he is, someone who might be publicly known - yet his forum name is "ordinarybloke". The words "field day" and "psychologist" spring to mind.

Despite being stuck in Snowland, hundreds of miles from most of these people, I have met quite a few of them over the last few years and liked some more than others but I would not describe any of them as "ordinary" a trait I am sure OB would also attribute to himself.

It depends upon your definition of ordinary of course. If you live in a section of society where £100k annual salary was "poverty-ville", you'd never set foot on a public bus and economy class was for those without taste then the members on this forum (some at least) could well be quite ordinary.

However, if you have had to associate with all kinds on a daily basis then "ordinary" would take a new definition.

To me it is odd that after what, a year, Biscuits hasn't got this resolved one way or the other and being, at least, half Scottish, there is no way on God's Earth I would let £1,000 of my money go a-begging for such a long time - but I'm not Biscuits, I'm not living his life so I can't comment.

There hadn't been a single post on this thread since December 2009 when someone new joined in March 2010 to sing Blade Group's praises and he didn't drive a BMW E9x which additionally made it suspicious because why join a forum for which you have no interest -and reply to an old thread. Biscuit posted in reply but hadn't posted apart from that for a year - not exactly keeping it going, was he? Until OB resurrected it.

As for OB's criticism of the thread title, that is a way of looking at it from one side. To the rest of us, at the time, before taking sides, it's a title that smacks of the poster's annoyance, frustration and upset - nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 01:58 PM   #137
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

This could also be a friend of Bigsy, in an attempt to discredit the forum and its complaints about dealers.

Time to start up the "is the IP address familiar" machine, though they may of course have learnt that lesson by now....

Ord Bloke - what reasons do you think would justify not returning Biscuits deposit, given what you've read on this specific case?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #138
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
I think that was the point he was making; if it is exactly as Biscuits says, I have the impression OB would have returned the deposit. Mind you, if a dealer miles away from me wanted a deposit for a car I had not seen, the answer would have been a swift no from me.

There was an interesting point in Biscuits original description about it being the dealer principal's car and he had ordered himself a new one on the strength of Biscuits deposit. I have seen, many times, a senior person "take the hump" and have a dispute with another person or company just for that reason.

Alternatively, there are people in this world with a sufficient brass neck and an understanding that a large proportion of the population will not make too much fuss, who would say no to see if they could get away with it.

Think about all the little (or large complaints) you have made in your lifetime. most of which probably (especially the little ones) got settled to your reasonable satisfaction. What if the other person/company had stonewalled you, ignored you, or just said no and left it at that. How would YOU have dealt with that?

This happens to a certain extent quite routinely now, with companies which use call centres. If something is not covered by a process or procedure, despite the fact you are 100% correct, you get nowhere. True, isn't it.

Extra for winter tyres because it's a modification?
Increased insurance premium because someone hit you and it therefore makes you a bigger risk?
No error code on the computer so although your car isn't working properly, it doesn't get investigated and fixed?
Cracked wheels are your fault, all the time, 100%?

In fact, we should start a thread and everyone contribute examples of this kind of bull-shit.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #139
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Good points Alan
      12-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #140
E902717
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E91 335d M-Sport

You have been asked 3 times to tell what car you have but you have just ignored us tbh I think your full of shit...

Unless you own the popemobile I don't think we will guess your identity? I can show you a picture of my x5 with the number plate covered up and I bet you can't guess my name.

Is it because you have got a vw?

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 02:21 AM   #141
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
I'd been out all at a Christmas party and now I'm wearing a rather large hangover...

Blimey, what is going off in here?!

Anyone on here that knows me personally knows what I've been going through the past 18 months and will appreciate that I've had more pressing issues than trying to recover thus deposit from Blade. To be honest, it just wasn't worth the hassle... which I think is probably what Blades MD will have thought would happen, I'd just give up and go away.

Well, until this thread had been redirected, I pretty much had given up.

OB, I'm not a bullshitter... I'm really quite a nice chap, a little too nice really... I should have driven to Gloucester to argue this out face to face with Blade.

I do not want to post all the correspondences between Blade, my broker and myself here on a public forum until I have taken legal advice. However, I will take you up on your offer of giving my favourite charity £100, it is MacMillan cancer support.

OB, maybe you can offer me some advice rather than abuse? The simple facts are:

1> I placed a holding deposit of £1000 on a VW Touareg, subject to getting finance and the car being how they described it.
2> all correspondences were done by phone and email, so surely distance selling rules would apply if I were to have any issues with point one?
3> The salesman we were dealing with agreed the deposit should be returned (I have this by email!!!) but he said the dealer principle would not allow it.

I've a busy couple of weeks ahead with work, I might leave it till I'm off for Christmas so I can concentrate on this properly.

Thanks again for everyones support on here

:tu
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 02:22 AM   #142
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

It'll be noticed by many of you that I closed this thread early yesterday evening. I haven't been able to post on this until now, but I shall offer a short explanation.

Ordinarybloke has joined the forum ostensibly with the intention of providing an alternative viewpoint to the Blade/Biscuits situation.

I have no problem with this, despite the fact it looks very strange that a thread would be dug up eight months after the last post, by a completely new member who appears to have signed up just for this thread.

However, I do not tolerate the deliberately obnoxious, belligerent and aggressive approach which has been shown by Ordinarybloke, and to come on this forum and start attacking other forum members is not acceptable. Hence, I have permanently banned Ordinarybloke.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread