E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Audi RS4 B7 Avant - Another Scratch Itched!

05-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #67
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
When are you off to the Ring!?!?!
      05-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #68
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
When are you off to the Ring!?!?!
Im not sure i will be taking the RS4 - fuel costs would be a nightmare for a start and I would only consider taking it if i get the coil overs fitted and properly set up. I would prefer to go with someone else as a passenger and share the costs of the trip. Need to convince Carlos to take the Bimmer!!
      05-25-2012, 05:24 AM   #69
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Far be it from me to tell the expert how to mod his car.....but.....

I reckon the 20's look great, but DON'T do them yellow...surely that was a joke..???

As for the ride height I'd also leave that alone - aren't the examples you've shown from non-UK (i.e. non crap roads) countries...??

Oh and the only other thing that occurred to me, isn't the front suspension an issue on RS4's or have I imagined that...?? Is playing with it going to make things worse or better..?? Just a thought...

But...like I said...you're the expert.....

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #70
sheps
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post

I reckon the 20's look great, but DON'T do them yellow...surely that was a joke..???
The yellow was in reference to the yellow RS4 pictured, which ran the black wheels, not actually painting the wheels yellow!

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #71
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsRS4 View Post
Im not sure i will be taking the RS4 - fuel costs would be a nightmare for a start and I would only consider taking it if i get the coil overs fitted and properly set up. I would prefer to go with someone else as a passenger and share the costs of the trip. Need to convince Carlos to take the Bimmer!!
I'd love to go back, so if there's room let me know!

We could give Carlos a good spit roasting then!
      05-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #72
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
The yellow was in reference to the yellow RS4 pictured, which ran the black wheels, not actually painting the wheels yellow!
Correct Sir!
      05-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #73
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post

As for the ride height I'd also leave that alone - aren't the examples you've shown from non-UK (i.e. non crap roads) countries...??

Oh and the only other thing that occurred to me, isn't the front suspension an issue on RS4's or have I imagined that...?? Is playing with it going to make things worse or better..?? Just a thought...

But...like I said...you're the expert.....
Painting the wheels yellow!!!! Im getting old fella and the eyesight and taste may be going but honestly!!?? But thanks for the kind words either way!! LOL!!
      05-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #74
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
I'd love to go back, so if there's room let me know!

We could give Carlos a good spit roasting then!
I'd would be well up for the road trip to the Ring with you and Carlos - BUT i am definitely NOT up for a trip up Carlos' "Ring" - so will leave the spit roasting of Carlos in the very capable sex pest hands of your kind self and Big Ed!!!
      05-26-2012, 04:53 AM   #75
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Im thinking of putting these 20" RS6 rims on the RS4 (see pics below) - but having them the same colour as the yellow RS4 cab or colour coding them Daytona Grey - thoughts??
Matt anthracite or gunmetal

Quote:
Yep, coil overs are my next plan of attack after the Milltek. Definitely want to drop the ride height a little, esp at the front. But I'm running the wider 275 tyres all round (Eagle F1 Assy 2's) plus H&R spacers - so i will either have to lose the spacers or reduce the width of tyres i put on. But i absolutely love how wide and squat she looks from behind!!
Lose the spacers Steve,far cheaper than changing rubber.

What size spacers are you running?
You might be able to get away with a smaller width.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #76
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
Painting the wheels yellow!!!! Im getting old fella and the eyesight and taste may be going but honestly!!??

Well...reading it again....you DID say

Quote:
having them the same colour as the yellow RS4 cab

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #77
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ive just been notified that my 20" RS6 alloys and Conti 5P tyres have been loaded onto a truck and are currently making their way to Chiggers!
I decided to have them powder coated in Titanium/Gunmetal in the end as i preferred the slightly darker colour to the stock silver but didn't want to go too dark. Fingers crossed ive got it right. If not i can always change the colour at a later date i guess!
The car is then booked in with QST down towards Brighton way on Thursday to have the H&R lowering kit fitted. In an ideal world i would have waited and gone down the coil over route straight away but thats a good £2,300 fitted and set up and i don't want to fit the 20's and then have huge daylight under the arches for next few months!! If I'm genuinely not happy with the springs then i will of course revert to plan B but i went out in a friends RS4 saloon with the H&R kit fitted and it was awesome and didn't seem to adversely effect the DRC at all - in fact if anything the car cornered even flatter than stock. Kim at QST is looking after me and he said they will give the DRC a full health check and if there are any issues they won't do it and then i will wait to have the full coil overs fitted. Once the H&Rs are fitted they will do a full KDS on it.
We are hopefully (if my sister in law doesn't have her baby and bugger everything up!!) driving down to Branscombe this weekend and so i will get some pics taken when I'm back next week of the new rims and stance and upload them.
Then of course the following week my lovely new ASBO Milltek arrives to annoy all of my neighbours - will try and take some sound files to upload - maybe a drive through of the Blackwall Tunnel beckons!!!??
Attached Images

05-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #78
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Ive just worked out ive spent £5,000 on this bloody car already for goodness sake nobody tell Louisa!!!!
      05-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #79
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Move with the times Steve, surely it's a CRIMBO Milltek

Things shaping up nicely mate.
Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #80
Billyray911
Brigadier General
Venezuela
Rep
Drives: Blah

Going to be an even more awesome machine soon-wheel colour sounds right,too.Not too ott!
Right,I'm going to put my name in the hat for first refusal when you finally chop it in.
I'm playing the long game,I can wait!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #81
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Sounds good Steve.

Funnily enough an ex colleague of mine used/uses QST,and rates them very highly.
He drives a RS3 with 424bhp,I rarely see him,just the dust!
Are they fitting your Milltek?
It doesn't sound like it from your post

Be careful on the way down there Steve,especially on the M23/A23,there seems to be lots of unmarked bib cars at the moment,Audis (A4) and BMW's (E90) seem popular @ the Sussex constabulary.

Quote:
Ive just worked out ive spent £5,000 on this bloody car already for goodness sake nobody tell Louisa!!!!
Seems a daft thing to do Steve,get a calculator out,things like costs of cars and associated bits, are like the cost of womens shoes/bags,best left unmentioned
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #82
mikeysix
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F30 318d m sport

Garage List
Hi steve, the new chariot is the utter nuts mate! Everything you buy i want!!! Lol im in no doubt that once the hoop mods are in place it will be a minter! Very nice car and lookin forward to seein the pictures!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #83
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyray911 View Post
Going to be an even more awesome machine soon-wheel colour sounds right,too.Not too ott!
Right,I'm going to put my name in the hat for first refusal when you finally chop it in.
I'm playing the long game,I can wait!
LOL!! Will be sure to give you first dibs fella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Sounds good Steve.

Funnily enough an ex colleague of mine used/uses QST,and rates them very highly.
He drives a RS3 with 424bhp,I rarely see him,just the dust!
Are they fitting your Milltek?
It doesn't sound like it from your post

Be careful on the way down there Steve,especially on the M23/A23,there seems to be lots of unmarked bib cars at the moment,Audis (A4) and BMW's (E90) seem popular @ the Sussex constabulary.

Seems a daft thing to do Steve,get a calculator out,things like costs of cars and associated bits, are like the cost of womens shoes/bags,best left unmentioned
Good heads up Ian, thanks matey. And yes ive also heard good things about QST and Kim in particular. Im having the Milltek supplied and fitted by a company called Russell Automotive in North London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysix View Post
Hi steve, the new chariot is the utter nuts mate! Everything you buy i want!!! Lol im in no doubt that once the hoop mods are in place it will be a minter! Very nice car and lookin forward to seein the pictures!!!!
Mikey, thats a very kind thing to say and I'm very grateful. Will upload the pics next week fingers crossed.
      05-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #84
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

very nice b7 rs4! I used to have a S4 4.2 for a while, those v8 sounds amazing!

sam
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #85
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak1986 View Post

sam
Thanks Sam, appreciated. Hopefully when the Milly Non Res gets fitted next week the soundtrack should be even better!!!
      05-29-2012, 05:28 PM   #86
NotNormal
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant 3.0TDi Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak1986 View Post

sam
I use to have a 4.2 v8 S4 too, miss it a lot !!
Noggy blue with afew personal touches

Steve, I've been following this thread closely....liking everything so far, that exhaust will be music to your ears, sod the locals....haha

Ref wheels, the slightly darker look will be spot on, black would be too much

Are you going to have a remap, they produce some interesting results, surprising for a naturally aspirated donkey

Tom
      05-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #87
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNormal View Post
I use to have a 4.2 v8 S4 too, miss it a lot !!
Noggy blue with afew personal touches

Steve, I've been following this thread closely....liking everything so far, that exhaust will be music to your ears, sod the locals....haha

Ref wheels, the slightly darker look will be spot on, black would be too much

Are you going to have a remap, they produce some interesting results, surprising for a naturally aspirated donkey

Tom
Thanks Tom, again appreciate your comments fella. I will consider a remap and certainly once ive got the aesthetics right then i want to look at releasing a little more power and smoothness if possible. But i don't want to go too far with it and certainly not supercharging etc - just modest improvements. I don't think my car needs it due to the way its been driven all its life but i may consider the de-coking when i get it remapped as that has shown some great results but mainly for cars that have done short stop/start journeys - whereas my car was always driven to and from the previous owners work (50 mile round trip) on some very spirited roads, so mine may not benefit as much. But either way i will need to do a little saving before looking into any more substantial mods!!
Ps: i notice you are in Lincs?? I am a yellow belly born and bred from Lincoln itself - lived in Nettleham mostly!! More than happy to be an Essex boy now though and don't miss Lincoln one bit, apart from the house prices!!!
      05-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #88
Tak1986
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Thanks Sam, appreciated. Hopefully when the Milly Non Res gets fitted next week the soundtrack should be even better!!!
That's would be

Heard a lot of good things about mrc tuning, but they were too far for me during my onwerships. Rs246, Audisrs both are uk based Audi forums, many rs onwers on there. ( I hope I am not going to get shout by saying this)

Will stay tuned for the video
Appreciate 0