E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 - Windscreen Trim not seated properly after Autoglass Replacement

10-29-2020, 12:06 PM   #1
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

E90 - Windscreen Trim not seated properly after Autoglass Replacement

Hi All,

Autoglass has a lifetime warranty so they're having it in to see what's happened but my concern is, where does the water go with it being lifted like this? From the outside it looks like it could just drop down the pillar or inside which I don't believe it does as we've had some heavy rain and I've never noticed anything. Just want to make sure they've not potentially started off some rust

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 06:22 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Don't worry the windscreen is glued all the way around, the water will run down and out of the car. The seal that is important is the one at the bottom of the windscreen under the top panel that the base of the windscreen wipers passes through. If that leaks the water can get into the car via the back of the dashboard. I had this happen.

It's sloppy work though from Autoglass, some of the fitters just rush to get to their next appointment. To be fair Autoglass probably give them more bookings than they can handle and expect them to finish them all.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
Don't worry the windscreen is glued all the way around, the water will run down and out of the car. The seal that is important is the one at the bottom of the windscreen under the top panel that the base of the windscreen wipers passes through. If that leaks the water can get into the car via the back of the dashboard. I had this happen.

It's sloppy work though from Autoglass, some of the fitters just rush to get to their next appointment. To be fair Autoglass probably give them more bookings than they can handle and expect them to finish them all.
I popped in and basically it was just that the clips for the trim had rusted, he pulled it off and replaced all of them.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 10:32 AM   #4
cellar
Rep
Drives: bmw 323i e90 2005

Garage List
2005 bmw 323i  [0.00]
It doesn't look good on the outside....Maybe you need new rubbers, that is sealers that can hold it tight
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 11:42 AM   #5
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
I popped in and basically it was just that the clips for the trim had rusted, he pulled it off and replaced all of them.
That's good, shame they couldn't have just done that in the first place tho to save the rework
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #6
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellar View Post
It doesn't look good on the outside....Maybe you need new rubbers, that is sealers that can hold it tight
Which part mate, I can get some more pics if need be? Being autoglass they should be doing it to factory standard.. I was half tempted to buy a second hand windscreen and pay someone to fit it but then I was too bothered about the possible issues I could have afterwards so I claimed on my insurance because I just wanted it done properly and it falls under their fair claim commitment which should in theory mean they and the other insurers who follow the fair claim commitment won't have any affect
Appreciate 0