E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

09-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #3103
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Recently, I have had people honk at me while passing on the freeway. What gives? Just jealous because they drive a POS car?

Anybody else get this in the Sac area?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #3104
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
phew... yea as long as more than 2 people say my log looks good then i have no worry, hahahaha.

now i love to do 4th gear passing traffic on freeway. everytime i do that i smile =)
Well depending on speed, I drop in 3rd.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:20 AM   #3105
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Well depending on speed, I drop in 3rd.
usually around 70mph to pass some slowly traffic. 4th is enough... since i see north of 5k rpm in 4th, that's my common sense telling me to back off a bit. hahahahahaha.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #3106
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
usually around 70mph to pass some slowly traffic. 4th is enough... since i see north of 5k rpm in 4th, that's my common sense telling me to back off a bit. hahahahahaha.
yeah I know, I was just teasing.

3rd gear we reach damn near 100. On Freeway when you do drop in 3rd you get to 85 so quick it just doesn't make sense. 4th gear is just fine.

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #3107
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
Recently, I have had people honk at me while passing on the freeway. What gives? Just jealous because they drive a POS car?

Anybody else get this in the Sac area?
People here in the Sac City area are snob drivers. Its not the fact we have a BMW, its just the fact that many drivers are ignorant and they think they drive perfect. When in fact many slow drivers and or non-aggressive drivers cause more slit on the roads. My favorite is "Slower Traffic Keep Right" how many drivers follow that? Its the law, and when we faster drivers, more aggressive drivers come up and tailgate, we are the assholes, and all they need to do is get in the fucking right lane and follow the law. Let us get pulled over, its not their concern. I mean if we are driving 90+ OK we are A-Holes.

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #3108
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Its the law, and when we faster drivers, more aggressive drivers come up and tailgate, we are the assholes, and all they need to do is get in the fucking right lane and follow the law. Let us get pulled over, its not their concern. I mean if we are driving 90+ OK we are A-Holes.
yep, that's pretty much sum up, yes we are A holes =)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #3109
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
damn this POS again... got "'close gas cap" message on dash followed by a SES yellow while i know my gas cap is tightened. had this message 2 times since Sat, and read code it was 2A15 DTML leakage. some people say it is because of a worn out gas cap (which i wish this is the case), some say maybe a damn DTML pump.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #3110
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
damn this POS again... got "'close gas cap" message on dash followed by a SES yellow while i know my gas cap is tightened. had this message 2 times since Sat, and read code it was 2A15 DTML leakage. some people say it is because of a worn out gas cap (which i wish this is the case), some say maybe a damn DTML pump.
loosen your grip brotha.

do you still hear two clicks when you tighten?

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #3111
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
loosen your grip brotha.

do you still hear two clicks when you tighten?
i just went out and tested. there's one click. but looks like when im trying to turn it counter-clockwise, i don't have to put much effort to turn it and it can be turned and loosen. i don't remember and pay attention to the gas cap. how does your feel when you try to open it? do you have to put some force to turn it open or it is pretty easy to turn open?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #3112
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
Do a test, take the cap from your X5 and use it on the 335i and see if the code goes away. If not it could be something else, just dont forget to reset all codes after you install it for your test.

Usually they stop clicking when their bad, but it could also be a gasket leak on the cap. These things are cheap so if its just a bad cap thats nothing to worry about. If you x5 still has a warranty, switch the caps then if you get a check engine light on your x5 take it in for a "free diagnostic" since you know they will end up replacing the gas cap
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #3113
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
Do a test, take the cap from your X5 and use it on the 335i and see if the code goes away. If not it could be something else, just dont forget to reset all codes after you install it for your test.

Usually they stop clicking when their bad, but it could also be a gasket leak on the cap. These things are cheap so if its just a bad cap thats nothing to worry about. If you x5 still has a warranty, switch the caps then if you get a check engine light on your x5 take it in for a "free diagnostic" since you know they will end up replacing the gas cap
hahahaha, i just had my sister go pick up a new cap for me at Niello. $28 won't hurt and i read some threads, if it is straight my DTML it probably won't give "close gas cap" message. and it happens randomly, so im just gonna put a new cap later and see whatsup and narrow down the root if message still coming up. i don't wanna swap it to the x5 since that might freak out my wife while she is driving. LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #3114
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hahahaha, i just had my sister go pick up a new cap for me at Niello. $28 won't hurt and i read some threads, if it is straight my DTML it probably won't give "close gas cap" message. and it happens randomly, so im just gonna put a new cap later and see whatsup and narrow down the root if message still coming up. i don't wanna swap it to the x5 since that might freak out my wife while she is driving. LOL
Haha true, the agony of your wife's anger for the car troubles wont be worth the $28 lol. If she's not a bmw fan, you'd get an answer similar to this, "See i told you we should have got a Honda, or Mercedes" LOL.

We'll hopefully it works out, its a simple fix to lol. To bad your mirror cant be fixed as easily.

You know, that parking lot where your shop is at is could be a nice place for a bmw meet. I know everyone meets over in Arden bi monthly, but maybe we should start a new meet (once a month, or once every two months) to meet in front of your shop. We can supply you some cash during the meet's if you supply us some spicy chicken too lol.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #3115
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha true, the agony of your wife's anger for the car troubles wont be worth the $28 lol. If she's not a bmw fan, you'd get an answer similar to this, "See i told you we should have got a Honda, or Mercedes" LOL.

We'll hopefully it works out, its a simple fix to lol. To bad your mirror cant be fixed as easily.
yes just hope it's not a DTML pump which will be a $100 part again... damn this car! LOL

Quote:
You know, that parking lot where your shop is at is could be a nice place for a bmw meet. I know everyone meets over in Arden bi monthly, but maybe we should start a new meet (once a month, or once every two months) to meet in front of your shop. We can supply you some cash during the meet's if you supply us some spicy chicken too lol.

FUNNY how we used to have a meet at my place monthly and it was pretty good turn out, we constantly had about 20 cars... somehow folks stopped showing up and ended up the meet went dead then all a sudden a new meet popped up at Arden as the current bi-monthly. we used to have E55s, E46M3s, E60M5s... showing up at my place when we had meet. parking lot always had a nice scene during the meet.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #3116
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yes just hope it's not a DTML pump which will be a $100 part again... damn this car! LOL

FUNNY how we used to have a meet at my place monthly and it was pretty good turn out, we constantly had about 20 cars... somehow folks stopped showing up and ended up the meet went dead then all a sudden a new meet popped up at Arden as the current bi-monthly. we used to have E55s, E46M3s, E60M5s... showing up at my place when we had meet. parking lot always had a nice scene during the meet.
Really... Must have been before i owned my car lol.

What day was it? What time?

Maybe the day and time was to inconvenient for most to make it, or maybe some lost there jobs and had to downsize ect...

I'm kinda surprised it wasn't popular since its smack dab in the middle of most areas. Natomas is right in the middle of most cities (downtown is better but way to crowed). You could get people from all over, Rocklin, el dorado hills, elk grove, Roseville, Rancho Cordova, West Sacramento, Davis, Woodland, Dixon, and Vacaville. I can see how Arden would feel closer to those in Roseville, rancho ect... but then those in Vacaville, davis, woodland would feel like their drive is to far keeping them from coming out.

I'm sure the biggest reason is the day and time of the meet. We should try and get another one going, maybe once a month and create a new thread inviting people from all over the region.

Natomas is just about a 30mins for most cities in the region. It really is the middle wen you include the surrounding areas like woodland, davis, dixon ect... Maybe we can revive the meet. I see lots of bmw's around this area too.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #3117
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Really... Must have been before i owned my car lol.

What day was it? What time?

Maybe the day and time was to inconvenient for most to make it, or maybe some lost there jobs and had to downsize ect...

I'm kinda surprised it wasn't popular since its smack dab in the middle of most areas. Natomas is right in the middle of most cities (downtown is better but way to crowed). You could get people from all over, Rocklin, el dorado hills, elk grove, Roseville, Rancho Cordova, West Sacramento, Davis, Woodland, Dixon, and Vacaville. I can see how Arden would feel closer to those in Roseville, rancho ect... but then those in Vacaville, davis, woodland would feel like their drive is to far keeping them from coming out.

I'm sure the biggest reason is the day and time of the meet. We should try and get another one going, maybe once a month and create a new thread inviting people from all over the region.

Natomas is just about a 30mins for most cities in the region. It really is the middle wen you include the surrounding areas like woodland, davis, dixon ect... Maybe we can revive the meet. I see lots of bmw's around this area too.

i think we usually hold up meet on either a friday night or Sat. which is very reasonable hour. we used to have a lot of folks (non e90post memeber, they are mainly on m3f and bimmerpost) from elk grove and some from roseville too.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #3118
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
i think we usually hold up meet on either a friday night or Sat. which is very reasonable hour. we used to have a lot of folks (non e90post memeber, they are mainly on m3f and bimmerpost) from elk grove and some from roseville too.
Id be down for a weekend meet. Wednesdays just dont work for me. Plus your shop is a few blocks away from my house lol.
I get the close gas cap every now and then. Dont recall ever seeing a code from it. I was told it was from the procede tune. I get it 2-3 times per tank. Never fails. Every now and then ill the yellow ses light too. It goes away on its own once its warmed up or within 5mins.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #3119
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma6 View Post
Id be down for a weekend meet. Wednesdays just dont work for me. Plus your shop is a few blocks away from my house lol.
I get the close gas cap every now and then. Dont recall ever seeing a code from it. I was told it was from the procede tune. I get it 2-3 times per tank. Never fails. Every now and then ill the yellow ses light too. It goes away on its own once its warmed up or within 5mins.
did you get ur car fixed yet?

i just put in a new cap and test drove for a bit, mixed with normal and aggressive WOT. no code whatsoever YET. i hope it is only the bad gas cap. this POS is aging and a lot of parts are falling apart! yes, it already has 61k miles, and i bet its hitting 70+ like human age, shit started not functioning one by one. LOL
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #3120
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Speaking of the devil... SOB flashed on for a few secs
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #3121
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
did you get ur car fixed yet?

i just put in a new cap and test drove for a bit, mixed with normal and aggressive WOT. no code whatsoever YET. i hope it is only the bad gas cap. this POS is aging and a lot of parts are falling apart! yes, it already has 61k miles, and i bet its hitting 70+ like human age, shit started not functioning one by one. LOL
Mines right with urs and holding up just fine. But no. I decided to go through niello collision center and was supposed to get the estimate approved by AAA. Im going to contact them as its been 2weeks as of today and no call, although hertz rentals contacted me and approved the rental. It usually takes me 40+mins to talk to someone. Total BS. Im wasting my time on this sh!t that i get very lazy to call, but will do tomorrow. Just sucks im the one to deal with it while not being at fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #3122
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Speaking of the devil... SOB flashed on for a few secs

its the curse man, im telling ya!!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #3123
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mines right with urs and holding up just fine. But no. I decided to go through niello collision center and was supposed to get the estimate approved by AAA. Im going to contact them as its been 2weeks as of today and no call, although hertz rentals contacted me and approved the rental. It usually takes me 40+mins to talk to someone. Total BS. Im wasting my time on this sh!t that i get very lazy to call, but will do tomorrow. Just sucks im the one to deal with it while not being at fault.
LOL you don't wanna see what i've been replacing recently.

since last year, new serpentine belt, new injectors, walnut shell blasting, new WP, to recent - boost solenoids, vanos solenoids, LPFP, RB PVC valve, new plugs, coils. there's gotta be some missing as i don't remember how many shit i've been just replaced as a preventative maint.

i love and hate this SOB
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #3124
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
LOL you don't wanna see what i've been replacing recently.

since last year, new serpentine belt, new injectors, walnut shell blasting, new WP, to recent - boost solenoids, vanos solenoids, LPFP, RB PVC valve, new plugs, coils. there's gotta be some missing as i don't remember how many shit i've been just replaced as a preventative maint.

i love and hate this SOB
Wow! Now thats a list.
My gf gave me sh!t for buying my friends car. Its a bmw blah blah blah. Within a month my battery went out. I asked her jump and never heard the end of it. "I told you... Bmw sucks Blah blah" so i bought a battery booster so i never ask her again. She bought a used accord and hers went out at 30k. Mine was at 55k. I gave her so much crap i almost became single

I was fortunate that the water pump went out a week before my friend gave me the car lol
Appreciate 0