E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Evo Mag Tyre Reviews

09-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #23
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90luver View Post
I'm considering a switch from Bridgestone RE050A RFT's to the Michellin PSS - however the last time I tried to go non RFT (a set of Conti's I can't remember which model exactly) I was bitterly disappointed with how much feel of the road was lost and how soft the ride was.

Interested to hear what people think of the PSS and if loss of road feel has been an issue.
Should have mine by end of October so will let you know then.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #24
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

So I have ditched my RFTs today, and had those PZeros installed. 1st thing I noticed is the noise, and ride. So much quieter and softer. Its no longer rough and feels like the car is gliding along the road (even thou we have shit roads here in Sydney).

Kudos to Stu for making my GTCS arrive this morning. Much appreciated.
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #25
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
So I have ditched my RFTs today, and had those PZeros installed. 1st thing I noticed is the noise, and ride. So much quieter and softer. Its no longer rough and feels like the car is gliding along the road (even thou we have shit roads here in Sydney).

Kudos to Stu for making my GTCS arrive this morning. Much appreciated.
Clicks on the like button!

And better handling also!?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #26
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Clicks on the like button!

And better handling also!?
For sure.. I went to Palm Beach for a drive last night and it handled pretty good. I was very impressed. One bad thing I forgot to mention was that I got a tyre pressure warning message on the way home. Pulled over straight away and trying to find a flat tyre but couldn't.. so I might take it back to the shop and get them to check it later this afternoon.
Black Sapphire Metallic | M-Sport | GT-CS 19" Matte Anthracite | BMW Perf. Exhaust | JB4 | AR Design Catless DP | R1 Concepts Cross-drilled & Slotted Rotors | aFe DCI | ER Chargepipe with Forge DV | ER FMIC
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #27
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
For sure.. I went to Palm Beach for a drive last night and it handled pretty good. I was very impressed. One bad thing I forgot to mention was that I got a tyre pressure warning message on the way home. Pulled over straight away and trying to find a flat tyre but couldn't.. so I might take it back to the shop and get them to check it later this afternoon.
Hey zen, just wondering do you have M sport at the moment? Lotsa people say that once u have ditch the run flat the suspension will feel soft as the suspension is adjusted to the RFT? If not mistaken all 335i comes with M suspension or isit just the one with M sport package? I know the LCI all Msport is standard but not sure about Pre-LCI??
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #28
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

really?? I thought it was pretty obvious that only msport cars have msport suspension

when you put new tyres on you should (after ensuring they are all pumped up) reset the tyre pressure via idrive, its under vehicle setting iirc.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #29
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan View Post
Lotsa people say that once u have ditch the run flat the suspension will feel soft as the suspension is adjusted to the RFT?
I say BS to that!

Yes its true manufacturers tune the suspension to suit certain tyres (i.e holden developed a tyre in conjunction with bridgestone for their cars, dunlop with ford etc)

I don't see how you will find the tyres with slightly less flex in the sidewalls (on a 19" tyre they still are extremely stiff!) suddenly becomes out of sync with the suspension.

If you were going from a car with 19's tuned for RF's then going to 14" 70 profile tyres yeah maybe....
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #30
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
really?? I thought it was pretty obvious that only msport cars have msport suspension

when you put new tyres on you should (after ensuring they are all pumped up) reset the tyre pressure via idrive, its under vehicle setting iirc.
Pavo , when i ran my vin through bmw , on the options listed , had my 335 as having M-sport suspension - its not an M Sport
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #31
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
I say BS to that!

Yes its true manufacturers tune the suspension to suit certain tyres (i.e holden developed a tyre in conjunction with bridgestone for their cars, dunlop with ford etc)

I don't see how you will find the tyres with slightly less flex in the sidewalls (on a 19" tyre they still are extremely stiff!) suddenly becomes out of sync with the suspension.

If you were going from a car with 19's tuned for RF's then going to 14" 70 profile tyres yeah maybe....
all i can tell you is that once you ditch the rft's the tyre grip is 1000% better AND there is more roll. I am a fan of grip but not roll, which is why i opted for a set of coil overs.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #32
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootah View Post
Pavo , when i ran my vin through bmw , on the options listed , had my 335 as having M-sport suspension - its not an M Sport
ok either the vin thing is wrong or it was available as an option, although i don't recall seeing it as an option on the option list. I can tell you I know a few 335s that do not have msport suspension (its not much to write home about) which sits 10mm lower and has firmer springs iirc
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #33
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
ok either the vin thing is wrong or it was available as an option, although i don't recall seeing it as an option on the option list. I can tell you I know a few 335s that do not have msport suspension (its not much to write home about) which sits 10mm lower and has firmer springs iirc
funny thing was i only found this out after changing Suspension to Eibach , try explaining/justifying that mod to the the missus .... lol
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #34
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Hey zen, just wondering do you have M sport at the moment? Lotsa people say that once u have ditch the run flat the suspension will feel soft as the suspension is adjusted to the RFT? If not mistaken all 335i comes with M suspension or isit just the one with M sport package? I know the LCI all Msport is standard but not sure about Pre-LCI??
I have the M-Sports package, so pretty bumpers, msport suspension etc. I have seen non-m sport 335i have msport suspension. In regards if it is a standard fitment, I aint too sure.

Quote:

Yup resetted the TPM, all good now, very happy!

Quote:
all i can tell you is that once you ditch the rft's the tyre grip is 1000% better AND there is more roll. I am a fan of grip but not roll, which is why i opted for a set of coil overs.
Definitely more grip, I no longer see my dsc light flashing now..
When I had those RFTs before, most of the times I would have wheel spin and the dsc light flashes.

Quote:
funny thing was i only found this out after changing Suspension to Eibach , try explaining/justifying that mod to the the missus .... lol
Lol tell me about it.. I want to get an exhaust and my gf reckons that the stock exhaust is loud enough, anything that is louder is consider excessive.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:21 PM   #35
pavo335
Banned
Rep

forget the exhaust get your fbo sorted first imho
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #36
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Yes I believe it's a standard fitment for 335i and 135i to have m suspension even if u dont have msport package but not on others. I realise everytime when I go on uneven roads on RFT which is now the DSC lights comes up especially it's like small lil hump. God sydney roads are bad !!!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #37
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
forget the exhaust get your fbo sorted first imho
Sorry but what is fbo? Sorry for being a noob in modding as I'm learning as I go..

Quote:
Yes I believe it's a standard fitment for 335i and 135i to have m suspension even if u dont have msport package but not on others. I realise everytime when I go on uneven roads on RFT which is now the DSC lights comes up especially it's like small lil hump. God sydney roads are bad !!!
Yeah tell me about it, Sydney roads are just bad. I've driven on Melbourne roads and they are just at a different level compared with ours, except for those left hook turns in the CBD areas.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #38
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sorry but what is fbo? Sorry for being a noob in modding as I'm learning as I go..
Quote:

Yeah tell me about it, Sydney roads are just bad. I've driven on Melbourne roads and they are just at a different level compared with ours, except for those left hook turns in the CBD areas.
FBO = FULL BOLT ON's
* Tune
* DP's
* CAI
* Intercooler
* Meth
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #39
Zen
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
[B]

FBO = FULL BOLT ON's
* Tune
* DP's
* CAI
* Intercooler
* Meth
Thanks for the clarification..
Appreciate 0