E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > M47 coolant temp

02-18-2024, 03:59 AM   #1
ateszaholdjaro
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D

M47 coolant temp

Hello, I have been experiencing strange behaviour for a while now with my E90 320D. The coolant temperature will reach ~85C, but only while standing and in idle. Once I start driving, no matter my driving style, it would only decrease to ~55C or even lower.

Yesterday I got my water pump replaced, since it was leakint near the pulley. I got a HEPU, with aluminium blades for the rotor. Since my thermostat was also out, I put the thermostat itself in boiling hot water and followed the temperature with a heat gun. It was perfect, the thermostat itself started opening at around 85 ish C. Another importating thing, I have got the EGR Cooler and the EGR completley deleted. So I do not have an Egr thermostat.
Appreciate 0