E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > How I reset my 2008 radio with iDrive.

07-19-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
flyrr100
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i, F150 crew cab

How I reset my 2008 radio with iDrive.

2008 BMW 328i manual 6 speed sedan.
The radio head stopped working, except for the vol. button muting the speakers, which weren't working but I got the small icon. Also all the various chime went silent. The iDrive was still showing the tuning pages, and tone pages. It even showed what song was allegedly playing! So I started reading the forums, and watching YouTubes.
I got many reasons. It broke. It got wet. I need to send BMW $35 for a reset code. Even the different sources were giving me different fuses to check. They all looked good.

So, I reset the battery. That didn't do it. Then I started trying the many different reset procedures listed on the web. Holding the main power button along with other various buttons were the most popular fixes. None worked.

I then started making up my own resets. Holding different buttons alone, or along with other buttons. And Hallelujah, holding the CD eject button for 30 seconds and I had sound again!!!

I'm not saying it'll work for your BMW. Heck, the car is run with witchcraft! But it worked for me.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0