E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Electrical problems 318i E90 2010

07-26-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
Jsb1699
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 318i E90

Electrical problems 318i E90 2010

Hi guys,

Recently when I was driving my car, all of a sudden the dashboard completely cut out and the dials are stuck to whatever position they were at. Oddly, the hazard lights still work when the hazard button is pressed, and the headlight still work from the switch, but neither the indicators or the headlights work from the stalks behind the steering wheel. The climate control also stopped working and the central’s locking system stopped working. In addition the wipers started going crazy and only the front electric windows work, and the back ones no longer do so. At the time, I heard a ticking noise from the fuse box. I showed it to a local mechanic, who couldn’t pick the car up on the OBD II port, which is still the case.

Since then, things have only gotten worse. Somehow the power steering has also stopped working, and the battery keeps draining and hence needs jump starting in order to start the car.

My mechanic has tried replacing the footwell module, but the symptoms have continued regardless.

Please if possible, could you guys give me any advice on how to proceed. I would be eternally grateful
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #2
mapleleaf1773
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i XDrive

Garage List
Replace the battery first and foremost. Crazy things happen when the battery is low on charge. This could be your whole problem.
Appreciate 0