E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Android HU L7 CIC Options

07-29-2021, 11:58 PM   #1
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Android HU L7 CIC Options

Hey Guys,

Looking to see what are the options out there for upgrading the head unit to an Android one with the L7/HK system, has anything come out for it? Or is some kind of adapter needed still for the MOST, anything more or less plug and play?

TIA

Edit: So apparently I have the 688 option HK system instead of the Logic 7 option 677. I can't for the life of me figure out what the difference is

Edit 2: 688 is minus the 2 rear top shelf tweeters, cool.

So as far as upgrading speakers go, plug and play, I saw Ctuna suggest Bimmertech over Bavsound. Is getting the Individual Audio yellow speakers a better option, or better to stick with either of the aforementioned brands? Not wanting to go down the road of swapping out the amp etc.
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete

Last edited by BSM n54iS; 07-30-2021 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 12:14 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

If you have the bump from the idrive about the only thing you can do is put one
of the piggy back Android units in. You could go OEM and upgrade to the EVO BMW system
none of this stuff will give you better sound though and it will probably be worse.
The Logic 7 system is hard to upgrade and if you wanted a significant upgrade you would have to loose the Logic 7 amp. (And all the significant sound upgrades are pretty expensive)

Not many people mess with the Logic 7 system you are going to have to search
there are threads here on it.
Appreciate 1
BSM n54iS2684.50
      07-31-2021, 02:21 AM   #3
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
If you have the bump from the idrive about the only thing you can do is put one
of the piggy back Android units in. You could go OEM and upgrade to the EVO BMW system
none of this stuff will give you better sound though and it will probably be worse.
The Logic 7 system is hard to upgrade and if you wanted a significant upgrade you would have to loose the Logic 7 amp. (And all the significant sound upgrades are pretty expensive)

Not many people mess with the Logic 7 system you are going to have to search
there are threads here on it.
Curious, what piggyback system do you recommend? Just for like a good go-to. I read you prefer Bimmertech and you turned me on to that over Bavsound for sure.

Ya was only looking to upgrade the UI to be a bit more modern, and having the car apps like mhd and bimmercode would be cool too. Plus better resolution for movies, not looking to change sound quality with the head unit.

I need to research more, I can't seem to find exactly why the sound quality diminishes and to what degree it gets worse with an android head unit on the L7 amp, is it because of having to use the aux in port in the armrest? B/c I am using that right now for my iphone and seems fine.

Also what did you mean by 'have the bump from the idrive'? Bump in what?
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

I don't recommend any of the cheap unsupported Chinese head unit's .
You can find the reviews here and you will see why.
If you don't require high quality high bit rate music maybe the Aux
will be OK for you.

The Bump in the center dash that contains the I drive screen limits your choice of
head units as a double din in the place they usually go means the idrive screen
in the bump is dead unless you are enough of an electronics genius to somehow
make it do something.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 06:14 PM   #5
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Appreciate 0