E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > DYNAVIN N6 Multimedia GPS System, New for 2015....OFFICIAL THREAD>>>>

08-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #89
TrAcK TRaP
bOrN To DiE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

wows looks gr8.. If I didn't have an IDrive I would be all over this..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #90
RobRogers99
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i 4 Door Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googlyamnesiac View Post
My tips I posted for the rear seats (I didnt have to unbolt the seatbacks)

Here's a few tips (I might be stating the obvious in some of them but figured if it saves someone some time then it's good me sharing my experience).

1) Hooking up to the battery for the permanent connection was definitely the way to go. I first started routing the cable through to the rear seats and then hit a stumbling block in trying to get the cable through to the trunk. . .

I got pissed off and thought 'screw it, i'll just use the fusebox'. 45 minutes later after getting even more pissed off I then went back to plan A ...

Like most of you probably, I have the seats that don't fold down in the rear. The real problem for me was getting the seat pulled up. In hindsight, it's damn easy. Just grab the seat at the edge and yank upwards (quite a lot of force!). There's one clip at each side. Then just pull it forwards a bit.

Then in the trunk lift up the storage board thing and pull it forwards a little (or take it out completely as I did).

Once youve done this, get a metal coathanger and slide it through from the bottom of the vertical seat that's still in place in the rear of the vehicle and you should (after a couple of attempts) see it from the trunk. Then tape your yellow 12V cable to the coathanger and pull it through.

During the whole install, this part probably took me the longest but if I had to do it again now, it would be a 5 minute job!
Awesome thanks. Going to stop by an auto parts store tonight and put this beast to bed. I'm really only wondering how I'm routing from front to back seat. I think my seats DO fold down but I guess I could be mistaken.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #91
Googlyamnesiac
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 520D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRogers99 View Post
Awesome thanks. Going to stop by an auto parts store tonight and put this beast to bed. I'm really only wondering how I'm routing from front to back seat. I think my seats DO fold down but I guess I could be mistaken.
It easily squashes under the rubber seal all the way from where it comes out from under the passenger side all the way to the rear seat, within 30 seconds you'll have it as far as the rear seats. Then I pulled the seat upwards a good few times thinking 'this surely doesn't come off like this'. Checked youtube a few times, pulled some more. Then thought, right screw it, it's make or break. Then pop, up it came. Nipped around to the passender side and did the same thing. It was pretty easy looking back.

The worst part was seeing all the crap (sweets, cookies, cake!) behind the seats from the previous owner! :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 02:55 AM   #92
RobRogers99
Rep

Quote:
It easily squashes under the rubber seal all the way from where it comes out from under the passenger side all the way to the rear seat, within 30 seconds you'll have it as far as the rear seats. Then I pulled the seat upwards a good few times thinking 'this surely doesn't come off like this'. Checked youtube a few times, pulled some more. Then thought, right screw it, it's make or break. Then pop, up it came. Nipped around to the passender side and did the same thing. It was pretty easy looking back.

The worst part was seeing all the crap (sweets, cookies, cake!) behind the seats from the previous owner! :-)
Only found a dime in mine! But unfortunately that was the ONLY upside to my evening. Day 3, still dead. I'm not sure what I did to piss this thing off but it hates me. I ran the power wire all the way to the battery (in line fuse and all), popped in the key and... still nothing. I'm out of ideas now, that was the last one. Short of pulling the unit out and bringing it to a shop I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. I don't have a clue how I could have fried it since I've only ever used a fuse tap. I'm out to vacation tomorrow AM until Wednesday next week. Gonna try not to think of my failures, regroup, and formulate another plan.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #93
Googlyamnesiac
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Only found a dime in mine! But unfortunately that was the ONLY upside to my evening. Day 3, still dead. I'm not sure what I did to piss this thing off but it hates me. I ran the power wire all the way to the battery (in line fuse and all), popped in the key and... still nothing. I'm out of ideas now, that was the last one. Short of pulling the unit out and bringing it to a shop I don't know what else to do. I've tried everything. I don't have a clue how I could have fried it since I've only ever used a fuse tap. I'm out to vacation tomorrow AM until Wednesday next week. Gonna try not to think of my failures, regroup, and formulate another plan.
I don't mean to sound patronizing but which terminal did you attach it to? I know my battery in the trunk is confusing as looks like BMW have marked a load of negative signs everywhere haha. I initially attached mine to the wrong one (I know, I know!)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #94
jeffb335
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
A few things.....is your battery dead, installs are hard on batteries, doors open, lights on, etc...start the car and then see how things are.

If the battery is fine, pull the unit out and check all the connections, unplug them and plug them back in, check the fuse on the back of the unit.

If you are going to properly troubleshoot this you MUST have at least a cheap little voltmeter or a test light AND know how to use them. You will need to check to see if there is any power on the constant wire (yellow) and the ignition wire (red) at the head unit. If you dont know how to do this take it to an installer and have them check it out.

The first step in anything like this is making sure you have power where it belongs and then working from there. Based on your prior posts about connecting in the fuse box and then things not working it makes me think you have have blown fuses elsewhere or fuses out of place.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2014, 12:13 PM   #95
knihaza
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i MT

Warning Dongs/Chimes

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for all of the input and help so far.
Any word on an update that might include OEM sounds for warning chimes for 08+ BMWs?

Also, do you know if the MOST adapter will ever accept 4 audio input channels. It seems a bit strange that they would make an adapter to only accept 2 input channels only to send 4+ digital channels to the L7 amp via fiber? Is my understanding mistaken?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #96
RobRogers99
Rep

Quote:
I don't mean to sound patronizing but which terminal did you attach it to? I know my battery in the trunk is confusing as looks like BMW have marked a load of negative signs everywhere haha. I initially attached mine to the wrong one (I know, I know!)
No not at all! All good man. Yeah I attached to a positive terminal on the top (smaller one). The battery is confusing but from what I could gather they basically split the positive side into 3 or 4 different terminals... Should be working

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb335 View Post
A few things.....is your battery dead, installs are hard on batteries, doors open, lights on, etc...start the car and then see how things are.

If the battery is fine, pull the unit out and check all the connections, unplug them and plug them back in, check the fuse on the back of the unit.

If you are going to properly troubleshoot this you MUST have at least a cheap little voltmeter or a test light AND know how to use them. You will need to check to see if there is any power on the constant wire (yellow) and the ignition wire (red) at the head unit. If you dont know how to do this take it to an installer and have them check it out.

The first step in anything like this is making sure you have power where it belongs and then working from there. Based on your prior posts about connecting in the fuse box and then things not working it makes me think you have have blown fuses elsewhere or fuses out of place.
I just left for a vacation so I'll have to check when I get back but I'm basically certain that no other fuses are out. Never blew one and had the fuse tap the whole time. I'll test it when I get home but I'm 99% sure everything is intact fuse-wise.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #97
jeffb335
Rep

Rob, email me when you get back so we can sort out your issue....something has obviously gone wrong with your install but lets not clutter up this thread with individual troubleshooting.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #98
o_g
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 M3, '22 Ioniq5

Jeff - do you only accept Paypal? I am located in Canada, but I have a drop-ship address in Niagara Falls as well. Can I get this shipped there or does it need to go to the Paypal registered address?

How much lead time between ordering and delivery, obviously depends on stock levels, but would still like to get an idea.

Thanks for the information.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #99
jeffb335
Rep

Credit cards or paypal is fine, our website will process both. If it rejects your transaction because of the address situation (its a fraud protection thing) contact me directly so I can set things up.

For in stock items we usually ship same day, New York would probably be 5 business days via UPS.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #100
RobRogers99
Rep

Quote:
Rob, email me when you get back so we can sort out your issue....something has obviously gone wrong with your install but lets not clutter up this thread with individual troubleshooting.
Issue has been resolved. Checked the back of the DIN and it had a loose harness. Readjusted and it booted right up.

Having a sound issue now that I'm trying to work through. Got in my car this morning, after it working on my drive home from the airport last night, and now I'm getting no audio and no settings panel when I open settings. It's just blank. Not sure if I have to update, hard reset or what.

Another question for you Jeff - where on the Dynavin site are they putting out firmware updates? That site looks half finished. They reference a FAQ/Troubleshooting section in their manual and that's not even on the site either.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #101
jeffb335
Rep

email me on both counts.....as they are the same thing. The "no sound" thing you experienced is a bug in the initial firmware, its been resolved in the current software version BUT since its not officially been released yet its not publicly available, BUT I have it.....

For the time being just press the reset button with a paper clip and you should be back in business.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #102
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
Quote:
email me on both counts.....as they are the same thing. The "no sound" thing you experienced is a bug in the initial firmware, its been resolved in the current software version BUT since its not officially been released yet its not publicly available, BUT I have it.....

For the time being just press the reset button with a paper clip and you should be back in business.
Regarding the new firmware update when is it going to be available?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #103
jeffb335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
Regarding the new firmware update when is it going to be available?
I dont know when they will officially release it, "when its done" is probably the most honest answer....

Right now there are a few big fixes (like the one mentioned above) and a lot of other functional changes (like the options for SAE units), basically I think they want to be sure they get the big stuff taken care of and make sure it doesnt cause any new issues before they put it out there publicly. Until then its up to us dealers to distribute it at our discretion to fix specific issues certain customers may be experienceing. Remember its got to work (and fix specific issues) across 30 different platforms so they may be working on things that dont specifically affect us in E90 community but are critical in another application. So until its got all the fixes they want, and has been in use without any major issues on all the platforms, it wont be posted publicly.

Last edited by jeffb335; 08-20-2014 at 04:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #104
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
That makes sense and thank you for your explanation, I'll keep waiting
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 06:12 PM   #105
RobRogers99
Rep

Quote:

Awesome Jeff. Appreciate it. Email sent.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #106
b328xi
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

Hi Jeff,
Is the real time traffic feature available on this system? Because on dynavin website it mentioned TMC but then i read a post requesting for traffic feature so i am confused.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #107
toddyus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive

IGO Primo zoom

Jeff,
Good morning. I got the N6 product from you guys last night and installed it in my e53. I know this is e90post, but I think this question is pretty universal.

In your screenshots of IGO Primo you have nice transparent zoom buttons. The only way I can get the zoom buttons to come up is to tap the screen, but it locks the map in place. I've become accustomed to being able to zoom in and out on the fly in my e90 and would like that same functionality in this. Is there a way to do dynamic (manual) zooming in and out without locking the screen?

Thanks for your help. As an aside, I upgraded from a d99 and for anyone who's curious, in the 10 minutes I've spent with the unit so far, it's leagues beyond the old unit. The interface is now a strength. It's exceptionally responsive and without having made any adjustments yet, the sound is multiples of improvement. I tested the unit in my garage and had no trouble getting ultra-clear radio and gps reception with the antenna installed in the same location as the old unit. This was always an issue before.

I will say I miss having two inputs for USB and ipod/iphone. We used both of these before and now have to choose/switch between them.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #108
Googlyamnesiac
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Anyone got any instructions for adding radio station logos?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #109
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
That's pretty cool actually. Look almost OEM +
      08-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #110
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddyus View Post
I will say I miss having two inputs for USB and ipod/iphone. We used both of these before and now have to choose/switch between them.
Could you elaborate on that a bit please?

If I'm not mistaken, there's another USB from the head unit that's labeled for something like wifi adapter or something along those lines. My understanding though was that currently it functions as a second USB connection (though with the understanding that it might not in the future?)

So, I thought that having both USB and iPod/iPhone might be a possibility.
Appreciate 0