E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > e92 morel hybrid 402 components install

06-29-2021, 07:53 AM   #1
popsicle_3000
Rep
Drives: e92 2007

e92 morel hybrid 402 components install

hey all, been lurking on forum for years since i've gotten my e92 a couple years back.
I'm upgrading my vibe model specific front speakers (not happy w them) to some nice morel hybrids.

There was a thread many years ago (https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=405224) that technic showed him installing hybrids.

anyone know where I can get those adapters to install the speakers, or how they actually go in? i've read the thread many times and I can't figure out how adding the spacer gives the clearance.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 11:17 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

I think Technicpnp.com still sells them . They are adapters more than
spacers. Yes it's tight in the coupe and convertible I remember that
being said but I have a wagon. Ask Technic maybe.

some people use to go with the Focal's in the coupe convert because of this
if I can remember that far back.

Last edited by ctuna; 06-29-2021 at 02:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 01:39 PM   #3
E92x7z
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 330

you need morel hybrid SLIM with 420mm mounting Depth ...Slim for E92 /93 bro !
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #4
popsicle_3000
Rep
Drives: e92 2007

I received the speakers yesterday, and I installed one side today. The hybrids (not slim, so 50mm mounting depth) actually fit bottom mounted! The mounting plate that morel provides on the speaker just needed to be flipped upside down to push the speaker forward towards the grill. I then proceeded to drill holes into the mounting plate and a bit of knife work to free up the ledge, and I was able to use the factory screw locations. Where the screw goes into the door panel there is a little ring of plastic that I filed down to make it flush with the rest of the panel.
Before finalizing the install, I mounted the door panel back onto the door with the window down, and no clashing.
I used dynamat to seal the ring around the speaker and the unused screw locations on the speaker mount.
I'm running them active so the next thing I was worried about was running another speaker wire through the door. It didn't end up being that bad, I just used a clothes hangar wire through the boot and also from the cabin to the outside.
Both things I was dreading turned out alright!
Appreciate 0