E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Loss of power above 5800rpm

07-28-2021, 09:40 PM   #1
ianoob
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Loss of power above 5800rpm

Thanks to this forum I installed a 3im and tune and have loved my car for the last 50k. A month or so ago I noticed a stutter at full load off idle plus oil consumption. No biggie, check my CCV and it was plugged. Swapped it for a new one, cleaned my intake, checked my DISA gaskets and play, new intake gaskets and called it done.
Unfortunately I still have the stutter off idle, but now my car's acceleration dies at 5800rpm. It feels like a hard fuel cut. I checked that all wires were plugged in,. Do I simply need to reset the computer for the lack of oil consumption, or is there something else I should check? My laptop died, so using inpa is out.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 02:05 AM   #2
F31B48
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 E61 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoob View Post
Thanks to this forum I installed a 3im and tune and have loved my car for the last 50k. A month or so ago I noticed a stutter at full load off idle plus oil consumption. No biggie, check my CCV and it was plugged. Swapped it for a new one, cleaned my intake, checked my DISA gaskets and play, new intake gaskets and called it done.
Unfortunately I still have the stutter off idle, but now my car's acceleration dies at 5800rpm. It feels like a hard fuel cut. I checked that all wires were plugged in,. Do I simply need to reset the computer for the lack of oil consumption, or is there something else I should check? My laptop died, so using inpa is out.
Get Inpa running again and try doing a function test of the DISAs if you haven't already. They may have failed.
Appreciate 0