E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > No audio coming from my radio

05-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #23
inthefight
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Try this
This morning my tire pressure loss light came on
I pulled over
Turned on Hazard lights
Got back in
Turn off hazard lights
Drove off with the Tire pressure light still on
Got up to speed
Lost all sounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stopped at air station
Turned car off then back on
Still no sounds
Got to work
Restarted car
no sound
Went to the office to research issue
Went to the car after it sat for an hour to check tire
No sound
Went back to research again
Came back with more things to try
Still no sound
Prayed about it again
Started looking for a new amp
Started looking for a new car
Went back to the car to look at the amp
Still no sound
But then.
I disconnected the battery
Waited about a minute
Connected it back
SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanked God!

These were my other symptoms. head unit fan blowing, no Bluetooth connect, everything seemed to work but sound, loud spark when battery disconnect, 57 degrees F when sound stopped after 15 minutes of driving. The day before I Played the stereo loud for a few minutes. Played an MP3 disk for the first time. Connected my phone to the aux jack for the first time. Tested the DCS in the parking lot. Take an idea Leave and Idea.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
Brentis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 BMW e90 M3 Competition

I think it is the mp3 / CD player. I haven't played one in 6 months stuck one in and when I restarted car. No sound!!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #25
edelossantos
EDS328i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray 328i Coupe

I was having intermittent issues with my radio on my CPO'd 2011 328i E92. The radio would be on and you would see the display of the radio/satellite station. You could also see my iPhone and bluetooth connection, but there would be no sound. Even when you exited the vehicle with the key fob in the ignition, you would not hear any warning tone.

MY SA told me that if it happened again, to come to the dealership so the shop foreman could check it. Well, last week on the way home, the radio acted up, so I drove straight to the dealer and the foreman checked the amp, etc. and could not get the radio to work - so they kept it overnight (they also performed an oil change/air filter service).

Well they found a SIB (I don't have the paper work with me) related to the radio and they did a software update. To date, the radio has been working fine. I hope this fixes this issue.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 07:20 PM   #26
Alv
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2005 118i e87

No sound from radio

My e87 radio is not producing any sound, stereo, warning sounds etc.
When i pulled out my car radio I noticed that there's an LED light on the connector, when i reinstall the radio, LED is no longer lit at the connector and there's no sound coming from my radio.
It's the fibre optic connection, is there any way of getting my sound back, or getting the LED back on the optic cable?
How to do a MOST bus reset on 2005 E87?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
royal86
Rep
Drives: E90

NO AUDIO, NEW AMP INSTALLED. lot's of SPARK'S

No sound from radio.Everything work's fine.Selecting stations etc.
After I pluged in my new AMP and tried to put it in his place there wore spark's all over the place.
As I touch the support with the new amp connected spark's will appear like I am touching two jump start cables that are connected.

HELPPPPPP!!!!!.Please.

P.S. I have a 5 series F10_Hi-Fi system.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #28
boris
Борис
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 335i

My audio shut off one time entirely. I thought it was the AMP, i thought it was the fuses, i thought of everything.

Shut my car off for about 20 or so minutes, started it up, and everything came back.

In Winter Mode - Dunlop Wintersport 3D/Sport Edition Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #29
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal86 View Post
No sound from radio.Everything work's fine.Selecting stations etc.
After I pluged in my new AMP and tried to put it in his place there wore spark's all over the place.
As I touch the support with the new amp connected spark's will appear like I am touching two jump start cables that are connected.

HELPPPPPP!!!!!.Please.

P.S. I have a 5 series F10_Hi-Fi system.
Are you replacing it with the same amp?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #30
royal86
Rep
Drives: E90

Same AMP

Yes it is the same Amp. The CIC is fine,the wiring ok,at one moment my display started to flicker and went blank.When I did a diagnosis I saw that several module's on the car tahat are on the MOST suddenly just died.An I didn't do much.Just installed th enew Amp, hoping that my sound will come back on.It's from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #31
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

This is happening to my relative's 08 e90 335i w/ Logic 7. Seems like the only solution is a software update. Anyone else running into this?

Radio is working, but there is no sound. Audio is not on mute either.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #32
Paulito
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: //M3

same issue. Got into an accident and it was working then. got the car back and it wasnt working ugh
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #33
Klemp
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi, 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelossantos View Post
I was having intermittent issues with my radio on my CPO'd 2011 328i E92. The radio would be on and you would see the display of the radio/satellite station. You could also see my iPhone and bluetooth connection, but there would be no sound. Even when you exited the vehicle with the key fob in the ignition, you would not hear any warning tone.

MY SA told me that if it happened again, to come to the dealership so the shop foreman could check it. Well, last week on the way home, the radio acted up, so I drove straight to the dealer and the foreman checked the amp, etc. and could not get the radio to work - so they kept it overnight (they also performed an oil change/air filter service).

Well they found a SIB (I don't have the paper work with me) related to the radio and they did a software update. To date, the radio has been working fine. I hope this fixes this issue.
Any idea which SIB? Mine isn't working either... Mechanic asked which SIB number was used. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #34
r4izuk0
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 328i owner

i had that problem too
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 02:29 AM   #35
edelossantos
EDS328i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray 328i Coupe

SIB

So sorry for the late reply. The SIB is 65 01 11
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #36
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Can't find that sib
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 11:58 AM   #37
cfeagle1989
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 BMW

I know this forum is old but i been following this topic for quite some time and i want to tell my story.

I have a E90 2006 325I BMW with the I-drive/nav/HIFI unit. (has the bubble wide screen on dash)

About 5-6 months ago, i took it to the dealership to have it washed and fix any paint issues. (garaged kept) well when i received my car back, i notice my door chimes/radio had no sound but everything else was working. I took it back to BMW and they said my amp was dead. Bummer.

I pulled my amp out from the truck driver side and looked up the model/SN number and found one on ebay. I bought it and when i hooked it up, i still didn't get any sound. I took it to my mechanic and they said that one was dead or wasn't responding when he was programming it or w.e he was doing.

I contact the guy from ebay and he sent me another one at no charge. Once i recieved that one, same thing no sound. So i started searching forums after forums after fourms and saying the HIFI didn't need reprogramming and all of that. I have checked all the fuses and even checked the power with an volts meter to make sure i was getting power in the back.

Well, i gave up on it for months and just drove around with no sound.

Today i have wrote on here to tell you that the Amp is working now and i will tell you what i did.

The same amp that i bought from ebay was still in and left it be the whole time.

Okay so i went on a family trip and my Fiance parked my car in the garage and left the FOB key in the slot with the power still on (acc mode) by mistake since we were in a rush to leave in the morning. (Friday 10-3-2014) and we went on a trip in my X5 and came back Sunday (10-5-2014). well i was washing the car and decided to pull out the 325I so we were looking for the keys to the car and couldn't find it so she gave me her set and when i opened the door the first thing i notice was the DOOR chimes were back!
I was like what the heck? and saw that the FOB key was still in the key slot lol. well i couldn't start the car until i pull the key back out and in and surprisingly the car started after 3 days in ACC mode.

Well guess what, The radio/chimes are working again!

this is my guess, When you put in the new amp leave your FOB key in there for an hour or so with the radio on. (acc mode) just push it it and hit start without holding brake. and leave it on for an hour or so to let the radio run its diagnostic test and let it recognize the amp so it can install the software (I guess)? I know cars do some diagnostic testing in ACC mode so that's my guess. leave the engine off since it will run in RUN mode.

1.replace hifi amp
2.leave fob in slot and hit start (engine off radio on)
3. come back in an hour and it should reset everything.
4. if that doesn't work, leave it on all night maybe?

Anyone have a clue why this happened?
Please note, the new amp was installed in its place for 5 months with nothing and just started working after leaving key in for 3 days.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 11:05 PM   #38
chino3686
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 328i white sport package

Is it still working? Ever find out what happened?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #39
sebeast
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

grrrrrrr

Hey guys i hope i can get some feedback. I have a 2007 335xi. i got in my car one day and heard a static sound coming from the back speakers then when i tried playing music there was no sound. a few days later i got into my car and there was sound again! and then it was gone again. :thumb down
I still have the sounds like the door chime and stuff but just no audio. the radio displays the song on the radio and everything but no sound. doesn't work with the CD or the aux. Any clue on how i can go about finding the problem?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 08:50 PM   #40
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

How's your battery ?

How's your battery ?
Has it been changed since the car was new.
It your lucky it will be a low battery the IBS system
in the car can turn stuff off such as the stereo when the
battery is low.
Second most likely problem is the L7 amp has gone bad.
They usually go bad when they get wet shouldn't be problem
around here right now.
Or the Hi Fi amp not sure if the 08 335 had L7 as no pay for it
option.

See the first in the following three documents to read
about the ibs.

electical e90 pdf
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.cGU&cad=rja
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...85464276,d.cGU
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...85464276,d.cGU
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #41
sofgwhat
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i

Hey guys, has anyone here figured out this issue?

I've had my software updated and the battery replaced, same issue as everyone else.... no sound or door chime but everything else works. However, my issue is intermittent and it when this issue appears the car will not go into sleep mode. I can get the sound to start working if I disconnect the battery and/or since the car doesn't go to sleep it will drain the battery. Once I charge it the sound works again for a random period of time.

Any ideas???
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 09:50 PM   #42
335e92tx
ahat
Rep
Drives: Was '07-335e92 - Now '13-335IS

Add me to the list

Heavy rain today - car was sitting. got in vehicle and didnt turn on radio. When I tried later display lit up fine - would change to CD and FM stations but no audio, Turned it off and on several times and once, it came up MAX volume and could not be turned down (the dial knob has been loose but the steering control always worked previously), when attempted this time, nothing.

Turned it off again and the no sound condition returned but sometimes an alternate station can't be selected. Tried using a BT cable to do various audio resets. No difference.

edit

Just checked trunk - damp near amp area

'13 335IS N54 (1 of 373 LeMans Blue out of 3597 total production e92)- Grey interior (1 of 24 in LMB with any trans- 1 of 14 with DCT)-MODS -MFactory LSD/MHD-BQ custom Tune/ATM-IC/AFE Momentum GT Intake/Konis/Mfront&HeimJoint Rear rods&arms/Brembos.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lo6aHZRo7XqtPkhL8

Last edited by 335e92tx; 05-27-2016 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 11:24 PM   #43
Miroshnikoff
Rep
Drives: E93

E93 NO SOUND Problem.
Logic7

How to check AMP excluding dealer ?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #44
schwarze213
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

So after it raining for 3 days straight I got into my car and boom. I heard a cracking sound from my radio and then there was no more sound. After reading all of you guys input, I went into my trunk and located my amp. It was sitting in a puddle of water 😞. So I disconnected my amp cleaned up the puddle, reconnected my amp and boom the sound came back.
Appreciate 0