E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > BMW CREE LED Angel Eyes | 2-Year Warranty | 10W, 20W, 32W & 40W | Horizon LEDs

Closed Thread

10-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #661
smudgster
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d M Sport

I ordered stuff at the end of sept, everything has come and is perfect. no worries for me!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 11:09 AM   #662
Cirrus
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 320d M-Sport

I'd like to recount my dealings with HorizonLEDs

I ordered a set LEDs for my 2009 E90 LCI angle eyes (non-xenon) and some Philips H7 LED bulbs. I ordered these on 30July. They arrived in good time (can't remember how long exactly). So no complaint there. I had the angle eye bulbs fitted my a local garage and wish I had done this earlier. The are much brighter than standard and give a more modern look to the car. I'm really please with them.

However when I tried to fit the H7 bulbs I just could not get them to fit. The back of the bulb was too large to get the restraining clip on, even if I tried to do it by removing the clip and fitting it on top of the bulb. After several emails with Horizon explaining the problem they agreed to take them back and give a refund. So I sent them on 29th Sept RM Special delivery (tracked and signed for).

When I check the next day RM said that a delivery attempt was made but no one was in and a card was left. I sent an email to ask them when they planned to pick up the parcel and was told (4 days later) that they had not received a "missed delivery card", but would contact RM to sort it out for re-delivery the following Tuesday.

I checked on line on the following Thursday (8th Oct) and it had not yet been collected. I sent an email asking why but no reply. I checked again on Sunday (11th Oct) and it still has not been picked up. I have sent another email but to date have had no reply.

The did say previously that sometime their emails to me were not getting though. Whether this is true or not I cannot say. All I know is that my return is still with RM and it's not been collected, and no one from Horizon is letting me know what is going on.

You can take from this what you will. I can only say that a companies good reputation is hard to earn, but easy to lose. And the way my refund has gone so far is not going to improve their reputation at all..

If someone from Horizon is reading this, please PM ASAP so this can be resolved.

Last edited by Cirrus; 10-13-2015 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 01:51 PM   #663
smudgster
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d M Sport

Guys,

My Cree Gold angel eye bulbs are failing after 4 days, flashing intermittantly throwing warning lights up on dash. To say im pissed is an understatement especially when they cost £70!!!

I have emailed Horizon and surprise surprise, no response. On to Barclaycard tomorrow!!!!

Simon
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 02:58 PM   #664
evo97
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgster View Post
Guys,

My Cree Gold angel eye bulbs are failing after 4 days, flashing intermittantly throwing warning lights up on dash. To say im pissed is an understatement especially when they cost £70!!!

I have emailed Horizon and surprise surprise, no response. On to Barclaycard tomorrow!!!!

Simon
Thanks for taking the time for the Post Simon.
Was going to purchase a set in the next few days but unlikely now! Looks like Horizon need to get back ontop of customer service.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:08 PM   #665
The Londoner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

I ordered on the 8th (last Thursday)... Nothing received yet. Suppose it's not that long though. I checked with Horizon and the item was in stock, so expect to receive it soon.

Will keep this thread updated.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #666
Frasers_330d
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincs View Post
I ordered on the 8th (last Thursday)... Nothing received yet. Suppose it's not that long though. I checked with Horizon and the item was in stock, so expect to receive it soon.

From my experiences I dont think horizon hold much stock which is why there is such a delay in receiving them..

I've been ordering leds off ebay and they seem to be alot cheaper and arrive when they say they are going to arrive..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 03:57 PM   #667
The Londoner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasers_330d
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincs View Post

From my experiences I dont think horizon hold much stock which is why there is such a delay in receiving them..

I've been ordering leds off ebay and they seem to be alot cheaper and arrive when they say they are going to arrive..
I did consider buying off of eBay but there are so many to choose from and the prices vary quite wildly... so it felt like a bit of a minefield.

With Horizon's angel eyes at least I could see them in action in photos, there were plenty of happy customer reviews, and there is (was) a voice to the seller.

Just gotta keep my fingers crossed that I'm not one of the unlucky ones.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 05:15 PM   #668
1jazz1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

is there anywhere else to get these from? based on the above posts i'm reluctant in ordering, especially as i was considering the 80w ones @ £114..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:14 AM   #669
The Londoner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Well mine arrived yesterday, so that's a three working day delivery period. Can't complain.

First impressions... All boxed up nicely, nothing looks broken. Not sure how brand spanking new the metal casings of the resistors should look but the ones I have received have a few minor surface scratches/scuffs on then. Nothing major though.

Probably won't get a chance to install until the weekend as weekdays I get home after dark. I might give it a go though.

Will keep the updates coming....
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #670
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

only ordering with supplier what you have firm orders for is a shocking way to do business and will always be delays and hold ups etc.

companies like these are too tight to hold abit of stock on site as they don't want to spend the money....

rather just order on ebay I guess that way your protected.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #671
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Just buy from Ebay.

they are coming from the same factory in china, yet you are paying Horizon extra money to be messed about.

and with ebay, you have ebay and paypal buyer protection, so if you do have an issue, its MUCH easier to resolve!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #672
HassShah
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d E90 Saloon M Sport

I purchased mine off some UK seller on Ebay got them delivered in about 2 days from clicking on Buy It Now. Fitted them and they work a treat and have a nice amount of light coming from them. Been over a month an no flickers etc... Paid £23.95 and Free delivery

Link if anyone wants to check out their other listings as they seem to do bulbs for various models and makes etc..... is:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1817470387...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They come with a 12 month warranty and as stated above you at-least have PayPal Protection etc...

I think Horizons are buying them in from China. I have seem very similar looking bulbs on a App for the phone called Wish and they are straight from the manufactures (I Think!) and about 1/3 of the price too. I got my number plates lights from the app and my BMW Logo puddle projectors both cost combined £14 with free postage and arrived in 9 days which was quite good I thought from China!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #673
The Londoner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I agree, these bulbs are obviously from China.

Looking on ebay there are quite a few different designs for the 40w led H8 bulbs (80w in total). The cheaper ones tend to not have the integrated fan (dunno how necessary it is), whereas Horizon's do.

I've found quite a few sellers that are selling exactly same bulb as Horizon, but apart from one seller - who is selling for £30 delivered, but located in Hong Kong and has a one month delivery period and disclaimer mentioning that UK customs might stick an extra fee on top.... all the other sellers are around £60-£80 mark. By giving a 5-10% discount on their price it appears that Horizon have placed themselves right in the middle of the going rate for these bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 09:40 AM   #674
dannym
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannym View Post
As I said in hindsight I should have used recorded/tracked delivery service - I used 1st class postal delivery, the proof of postage is exactly what I sent you (photo attached)- they hand write the postcode and house number on the printed receipt . This IS the proper proof of postage regardless of your opinion and it clearly states 'it is important that you retain this receipt as it your proof of posting'.
Well I've just had my package returned to me via the post office, they attempted delivery twice and left a card at the returns address I was given - no one bothered to collect it from the post office. luckily I had put my return address on the package!

So HorizonLEDs can you please provide me with the correct returns address where the parcel can be delivered so I can get a refund? I will try sending it again but this time recorded delivery so there can be no question of it being sent.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #675
dy63
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30

From china or not that dont matter as alot of stuff is from Asia that tons of sellers sell even the big companies. Doesnt mean shit stuff or anything so not going to knock the products but just the service. You can buy the same stuff really for half the price on ebay from UK sellers so no brainer for me
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:54 PM   #676
The Londoner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Well I've fitted them. I came that close to giving up before my knuckles were ripped off and fell in my engine bay. I looked at the bulb, looked at the space in the headlight, and then looked at the bulb again.... and shook my head.

Anyway, they went in eventually. A little tip for anyone about to fit them... Attach the resistor pack to the bulb first and leave it hanging over the outside of your headlight just in case you drop the bulb into hell (the inside your headlight) and then you can pull it back into the world again.

I stuffed the resistors into the headlight too and left them to rattle around in there. Probably not my finest moment, but I was tired, wet from the rain, and in a rush to turn my headlights on to see what the deal was. Which leads me nicely on to......

I switched my lights on and... the lights came on. First tick.

Checked my dash for warning lights... no warning lights. Tick two.

Went back to the front of my car to make sure the lights were still on... the lights were still on. Tick three.

Three ticks... I was happy.

Went for a quick drive. Stopped, got out of the car, tried to make it look like I genuine needed to walk a few meters away from my car so I could walk back towards it and admire my work. It was raining so that spoilt the view a bit.

All in all I'm happy. Just want to see what they look like in daylight. One thing I have noticed though.... they are so white that they make my xenons look, dare I say it.... Yellow.
I'm still trying to work out if I'd be more p*ssed off having yellow angels eyes with white xenons... or white angel eyes with yellow xenons. But hopefully normal people (who won't do as I've been doing for the past 20 minutes and act like a moth by hanging around my headlights and staring directly into them) won't notice the slightly yellow or 'not as white' tint to my xenons.

I can tell I'm going to develop an OCD over these lights. I'm already thinking about going back out there to switch them back on to make sure they still work and are still as white as they were half an hour ago.

Nah, I won't.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #677
The Londoner
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

......They still work and are still as white.

Goodnight.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 04:54 AM   #678
Deadlock
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d F31

gosh, flicked through this forum - i need (well I thought I needed) to change my angel eyes but.............

having changed my turning lights (just a better, white zenon bulb) I kinda like the oem set up. I don't think they are that the angels are that yellow either, and they are bright I think brigher than norm (will take a pic).

Think I will hang fire till I find the proper LCI HALOGEN bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #679
NSean
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

E90 LCI 40w Review

I ordered the E90 LCI 40w "Extreme power CREE" angel eyes. I posted a 2/5 star review on the site, but seeing that all the other reviews on the 20w bulbs are all "5 stars" and there's no reviews on the 40w bulbs, I have a feeling that review will never "be approved by a moderator".

Anyway, fitting the bulbs was an absolute pain. The connectors in the kit were too thin for the connectors on my car, so they didn't have a good connection and easily fell out and disconnected. I had to modify my car's connectors to get them to grip into place. Also the screws in the kit wouldn't fit either, but I just used the stock angel eye screws, so I'm not sure why the screws in the kit are included. The bulbs themselves are very bright and I'm quite happy with them for now. They don't seem to flicker, although I haven't tried them for a long period of time yet.

So I would rate them 2/5, due to the bad connectors supplied with the kit making installation a total pain. If they were better I would rate them higher.

After reading other replies on this forum too I hope I don't have any problems with them but only time will tell.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #680
NSean
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSean View Post
I ordered the E90 LCI 40w "Extreme power CREE" angel eyes. I posted a 2/5 star review on the site, but seeing that all the other reviews on the 20w bulbs are all "5 stars" and there's no reviews on the 40w bulbs, I have a feeling that review will never "be approved by a moderator".

Anyway, fitting the bulbs was an absolute pain. The connectors in the kit were too thin for the connectors on my car, so they didn't have a good connection and easily fell out and disconnected. I had to modify my car's connectors to get them to grip into place. Also the screws in the kit wouldn't fit either, but I just used the stock angel eye screws, so I'm not sure why the screws in the kit are included. The bulbs themselves are very bright and I'm quite happy with them for now. They don't seem to flicker, although I haven't tried them for a long period of time yet.

So I would rate them 2/5, due to the bad connectors supplied with the kit making installation a total pain. If they were better I would rate them higher.

After reading other replies on this forum too I hope I don't have any problems with them but only time will tell.

Cheers.
WOW! My review from above was posted on the website, but they have doctored the score up from 2 stars to 4 stars.

This company is outright fraudulent and I will avoid them at all costs in future, and would advise everyone else on the forum to do the same.

Here's the link, for those wondering: http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/oem-led...led-angel-eyes

Last edited by NSean; 12-28-2015 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread