E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC won't pull in contacts from my new phone?

12-20-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

CIC won't pull in contacts from my new phone?

I haven't been driving my car much lately and usually when I am I have my work phone paired to it

hey, that's another complaint. I guess there's no way to have two phones paired to CIC simultaneously? odd, it works great with my old JVC head unit in my Jeep. but I digress.

My old phone (actually the last 3 or 4) and my work phone, it would read the contacts fine. My new one is an LG G7 ThinQ and it does not. Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

sometimes news phones requite to put some additional permission to sync phonebook over bluetooth
check phone settings
      12-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
sometimes news phones requite to put some additional permission to sync phonebook over bluetooth
check phone settings
You're right, and I should have mentioned that there are two or three options in the menu for each BT connection that my phone remembers. Call audio, Media audio, and Contacts and call logs. Call audio and Contacts and call logs are allowed for "BMW 58228" in my phone, Media audio is not shown presumably because the 2009MY CIC does not provide for that functionality.

It is astonishing how much more useful the JVC head unit is in my Jeep in terms of capabilities, although to be perfectly fair, it was probably purchased about the same time I bought the car so 2012ish, 3 model years newer. It feels so luxurious to not have to worry whether I've paired my personal phone or my work phone as well... I do live in a state where playing with your phone while driving is theoretically a ticketable offense, and besides, there's enough knuckleheads on the road that being distracted for even a fraction of a second is a really bad idea.

I'm guessing since nobody's mentioned it that there's no firmware update that will magically fix either problem?
Appreciate 0