E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Back Speakers are low after installing aftermarket radio

01-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
ShadCarp1
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 335i

Back Speakers are low after installing aftermarket radio

I had the Joying aftermarket radio installed on my 08 E93 with Logic 7. They warned on the website this radio would not work but with a few Youtube videos, i thought with buying the Most interface and Most loop bypass, i could get around issues related to Logic 7. I have succeeded in most categories except for the fact that my back speakers are really low compared to my front. For instance, if i use the fader on the radio and push everything towards the rear speakers, the sound will go basically silent. The rear speakers work but very low. I am not sure how much punch i get from subs under the seats as well. I took the car to a professional shop to see if there are any workarounds??? He wanted to charge me $700 for 5 channel amp & install. I am wodering if this is necessary at all? I still have the original radio unit. could i install that in the trunk as a middle man between L7 and Joying unit??? i am a newb to BMW and audio so any help or suggestions are appreciated
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadCarp1 View Post
I had the Joying aftermarket radio installed on my 08 E93 with Logic 7. They warned on the website this radio would not work but with a few Youtube videos, i thought with buying the Most interface and Most loop bypass, i could get around issues related to Logic 7. I have succeeded in most categories except for the fact that my back speakers are really low compared to my front. For instance, if i use the fader on the radio and push everything towards the rear speakers, the sound will go basically silent. The rear speakers work but very low. I am not sure how much punch i get from subs under the seats as well. I took the car to a professional shop to see if there are any workarounds??? He wanted to charge me $700 for 5 channel amp & install. I am wodering if this is necessary at all? I still have the original radio unit. could i install that in the trunk as a middle man between L7 and Joying unit??? i am a newb to BMW and audio so any help or suggestions are appreciated
The logic 7 speakers can only handle 60w a channel on 2ohm I think. That's Max. I don't know what the RMS is.

If you want a 5-6 channel amp, I'd be careful how much power you are running to them.

Or

Upgrade to the BMW Individual Audio Speakers; you can easily run 75w a channel to them. You can get a used set on this forum or eBay pretty easily.

Or

Run a small 4 channel amp (45 watts a channel)to cover your rear speakers...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #3
andy_06xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

I know the Eonos RCA-to-MOST converter that I used only took the front speakers as input. So I no longer have 'fade' control in the radio and would get the same silence if directed all sound to the rear speakers. But I haven't noticed that the rear speakers are particularly lower in volume than the front ones. Are you sure that you haven't been fooled by similar loss of 'fade' functionality?
Appreciate 0