E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Does anyone actually like the vrsf exhaust?

03-31-2021, 01:01 PM   #45
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92 (Beam)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagedownhere View Post
Hey Man, so I got the vibrant 17970. They put it as far forward as you can, but it's basically right in front of the big brace as that's the only straight run towards the front. I think the resonator may be actually bumping the brace a bit now. Need to hop under and take a look, heard something for a second but couldn't make it happen again. But yea, it sounds similar to when I had my catless downpipes w/ my stock catback w/ golf tee mod. There is minor drone in the low rpm range but it's not rattling the cabin like it did when I first installed the full VRSF Street Catback. I was very annoyed at that, and I commute 40 miles a day and make calls in my car and wasn't gonna deal with that! I think this should be much better, only tested a bit, so I will update you once I do my commute a few times!
Same resonator I have coming today. Your situation is exactly what I'm going through. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday on the Turner valved setup. But damn its spendy and then I also thought how often would I really have the valve open? I'm sure straight piped is crazy loud and rattly.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 08:07 AM   #46
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
I got the resonator installed, it literally sounds like I have my stock cat-back back on the car from inside....which is great, I did not get this for the sound, just put it on to ensure I have all restriction removed on my upgraded turbos. (I'm not bringing that debate to this thread as it has been beaten to death already whether or not the stock catback causes harm to upgraded turbos etc....)

But to recap, the resonator definitely removed the drone. This is a very quiet cat-back system, it just droned from 1,600 to 2,100 rpm and rattled the cabin and my head. From outside the car I think it does sound decent and it makes the upgraded turbos sound pretty nasty. Definitely a LOT more turbo sound through the exhaust and much deeper tone than with the stock cat-back.
Vibrant resonator + Street exhaust = ftw

I think this setup sounds really good especially with upgraded turbos (spool is ridiculous).
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2021, 10:04 AM   #47
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep

I can see why the little total flow resonator I put on didn't do much and why people rave about the 17970. It's way bigger in all dimensions, and has way more packing. I don't see how this wont help. Installing tonight after work.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 10:17 AM   #48
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep

Well like everyone said VRSF Street exhaust + 17970 Vibrant res. works great. Probably 95% of the unwanted noise is gone. I still get a slight vibration from something in the rear seat area but I'm sure once I track it down I can fix it. Overall I'm happy now. It's slightly loud than stock lol. Should have just stayed stock with golf T mod. Spent a good amount of time on this adding two resonators and quad tips plus they forgot and didn't get me the tips that come with the system for six weeks!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 10:18 AM   #49
pagedownhere
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotaismygame View Post
Well like everyone said VRSF Street exhaust + 17970 Vibrant res. works great. Probably 95% of the unwanted noise is gone. I still get a slight vibration from something in the rear seat area but I'm sure once I track it down I can fix it. Overall I'm happy now. It's slightly loud than stock lol. Should have just stayed stock with golf T mod. Spent a good amount of time on this adding two resonators and quad tips plus they forgot and didn't get me the tips that come with the system for six weeks!
Glad to hear it's bearable now! Yea some vibration is still there for me as well, overall much better.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2021, 06:55 PM   #50
Yotaismygame
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Glad to hear it's bearable now! Yea some vibration is still there for me as well, overall much better.
I’ve been playing with my trans tune as well to keep the car from being in the 1700-2100 range less often.
Appreciate 0