E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Trust no.....cab?

04-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #23
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

i believe this has already been posted in OT section.

on a side note whats next are the police going to drive around in school busses! haha

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #24
nospleeny
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 528xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
how is that even close to entrapment? because another vehicle (under cover or not) is speeding and you choose to speed as well? How did the other vehicle "trap" you into speeding?

Personally, there should be more effort towards crimes other than speeding, but since municipalities collect revenues from tickets (inc. parking), their efforts are usually misaligned with what the public actually needs.
I do recall reading an article somewhere that "complete" undercover police (such as ones that don't have any logos, not even the camouflage ones that blend in with the paint) don't pull over the public.

Reason is that one driver argued that he didn't know it was a police sitting on the side of the road and that wasn't fair. So police apparently only have the ones that are at least "barely" marked to pull over the public. This way a person cannot argue that he didn't know (or see) that it was a police sitting on the side of the road.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #25
shagkie
Captain
Rep
Drives: a....V8

If cops are going to start using cars like this then I can see that one day some f*cked up carjackers are going to start doing the same and start pulling people over. Like a previous poster said, are you going to stop or run away? If you stop and the guy tells you to get out of your car and he takes off with it, what are you going to do, sue the police?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #26
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospleeny View Post
I do recall reading an article somewhere that "complete" undercover police (such as ones that don't have any logos, not even the camouflage ones that blend in with the paint) don't pull over the public.

Reason is that one driver argued that he didn't know it was a police sitting on the side of the road and that wasn't fair. So police apparently only have the ones that are at least "barely" marked to pull over the public. This way a person cannot argue that he didn't know (or see) that it was a police sitting on the side of the road.
That sounds like a campfire story to me. In fact, you can get pulled over by completely unmarked police. I was pulled speeding on the 401 by a completely unmarked car, it looked like a civilian car. The car tailgated me for a good 5 minutes and foreced me to speeds of over 160km/h. When he put on the lights (2 small flashers above his rear view mirror) to pull me over, I swore I would take the guy to court for tailgating and "entrapment", or forcing me to speed. He actually accused me of trying to run away from him when he gave me the ticket (this was before the 50km racing laws). I tried to hire 2 different paralegals, no one would touch my case. I tried to talk to someone in the court to get the ticket looked at and explained my case; nothing. They didn't even care about about him tailgating or forcing me to speed. In fact, he said you could have pulled over on the side of the highway if I felt that the car behind me was driving in an unsafe manner, but they said I chose to "speed away". I guess it didnt help that I was driving a modified rsx-s and that I was like 22 at the time. After looking at how much it would cost to hire a lawyer and go to court and time away from work (to fight the criminal charges, etc..), I just gave up and paid the ticket....

Anyways, the point of the story is that cops will get away with all their antics when they pull over people. This is even more true now that municipalities are hurting (eg Toronto - broke ass city) due to the economy.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #27
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
That sounds like a campfire story to me. In fact, you can get pulled over by completely unmarked police. I was pulled speeding on the 401 by a completely unmarked car, it looked like a civilian car. The car tailgated me for a good 5 minutes and foreced me to speeds of over 160km/h. When he put on the lights (2 small flashers above his rear view mirror) to pull me over, I swore I would take the guy to court for tailgating and "entrapment", or forcing me to speed. He actually accused me of trying to run away from him when he gave me the ticket (this was before the 50km racing laws). I tried to hire 2 different paralegals, no one would touch my case. I tried to talk to someone in the court to get the ticket looked at and explained my case; nothing. They didn't even care about about him tailgating or forcing me to speed. In fact, he said you could have pulled over on the side of the highway if I felt that the car behind me was driving in an unsafe manner, but they said I chose to "speed away". I guess it didnt help that I was driving a modified rsx-s and that I was like 22 at the time. After looking at how much it would cost to hire a lawyer and go to court and time away from work (to fight the criminal charges, etc..), I just gave up and paid the ticket....

Anyways, the point of the story is that cops will get away with all their antics when they pull over people. This is even more true now that municipalities are hurting (eg Toronto - broke ass city) due to the economy.
man thats crazy !! i hate that cops can do anything they want around here and basically get away with it. if a car was following me a little too close, i would prob speed up before merging into a slower lane and letting him pass once there's some space in the next lane. i really do think thats a little unfair.

ghost police cars are a bunch of fuckers!

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #28
Desi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
i believe this has already been posted in OT section.

on a side note whats next are the police going to drive around in school busses! haha
Already happens actually, believe it or not. The undercover cop that used to live accross the street from me would bring home School Busses, Canada Post Trucks, a Limo once, whatever they can use to drive around certain areas without getting noticed, they'll use it. Again though, they didn't pull people over or do busts in them rather they'd radio another marked car in.
      04-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #29
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Some very interesting points made.

I just thought to throw this out here as well (scroll to the middle of the page: (lists the cars they use, some are already a no brainer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Police_Service

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0