E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]

08-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #5765
b92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335is, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
M3
How do the buttons work on the non-M? Can EDC be retrofitted assuming proper suspension?

'Power' is for throttle response, does this make a difference for non-M?

Lastly, does DSC work the same as the button we already have by the vents?
      08-10-2018, 09:36 AM   #5766
NoGuru
Major
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2021 Chevy Silverad ...  [0.00]
2002 Jeep Cherokee  [0.00]
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
How do the buttons work on the non-M? Can EDC be retrofitted assuming proper suspension?

I can't answer these questions so I will wait for LMB to answer but I know dyzak has been working to get all M functions working on the IS DCT.
2011 335is DCT BQ Tuning / BMS CAI / VRSF kittyless DP's / Synapse BOV and charge pipe / 7" VRSF Race FMIC / Walbro 535 and 450 on BMP4 / E90 tune / Diff Brace / PR Coils / Relocation Inlets / DAW Stage3+ Turbos / MMP port injection / xHP Stage 3 / FPR and -6 fuel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #5767
b92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't answer these questions so I will wait for LMB to answer but I know dyzak has been working to get all M functions working on the IS DCT.
His efforts should apply to 6MT too, no? The only button that is DCT specific is the one at the bottom of the shifter, this is the 'Drivelogic' button that adapts the tranny to the driver's driving habits.

Do you have a link to his thread for this?
      08-10-2018, 11:33 AM   #5768
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed07 View Post
LMB335IS Does the M DCT shift knob work properly with the IS without having the P button?
I did a complete retrofit. Besides the console trim and shift knob/boot I also changed the GWS (shifter mechanism) to a M3 unit which bolts right up with the repinning of a couple connectors. The Park function works like it does on a M3, slap it left into neutral and when you turn off the car and remove the key it engages Park. There's a lot more pieces to the puzzle but that's a quick answer.
Quote:

EDC can be retrofitted but I didn't do that, it just happened to be the only switch cluster I could find on Ebay. There's also one with a blank for the EDC button.

The Power button will work IF you have a hybrid IMK0S/INA0S bin. It's wired directly from the switch to DME connector 1, I forget which pin exactly but that's how it's wired and works on the 1M. I have the switch wired, just waiting on the custom bin.

I swapped to a M3 ABS/DSC unit with the corresponding M3 SZL (clock spring unit). You could leave it and it would just be a dummy button and the dash button continues to work as it normally would without changing the DSC and SZL. For me I wanted the relaxed parameters and no electronic nannies of the M3 unit so you need to directly wire the button to pin 41 of the DSC module. It is functional for me and by turning off DSC with it I get the 6th drivelogic bar and functional M3 adjustable launch control. The DSC switch and signal on the 335is is routed through the JBBF, M3 is a direct signal. The M3 ABS/DSC/SZL retrofit requires some advanced coding and programming. It's not for everyone but I was all in from the beginning. Once the custom bin is in I should have functional MDrive and MDM as well.
      08-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #5769
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
It's like new. I really scored on this Ebay buy, complete M3 DCT wheel, trim, paddles, and buttons for $400.

Here's a interesting thing I ran into with this M3 conversion (well, one of many). With the complete conversion done, including the M3 ABS/DSC module and SZL, the 335is wheel with original paddles and buttons worked perfectly. I had a set of M3 multifunction buttons (with the M on it) so I swapped them in. Buttons still worked but the paddles didn't. Swapped the complete M3 wheel in and everything works as it should. What I'm getting at is that ordinarily to use a M wheel and paddles on a LCI non M you need to wire in resistors to make the M paddles functional. It may be possible to swap in the M3 buttons instead of rewiring and have functional paddles. The paddles are routed through the multifunction switches and apparently there's a difference how the signals are interpreted between the M and non M switches. Just my theory right now. I need to swap the non M buttons into the M wheel to confirm but it may a different option for those that aren't up for rewiring the paddles.

Mirror for $100 on the way for high beam assist retrofit next.
OMG dude you're going all out on that haha.. why not the blue stripe alcantara wheel though? jw.

I'm manual though so tbh a lotta that went over my head, I did know about retrofitting the paddles you would have to do 1 extra step but never read any further into it. Congrats though man you got a sweet ride!
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 02:44 PM   #5770
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
OMG dude you're going all out on that haha.. why not the blue stripe alcantara wheel though? jw.

I'm manual though so tbh a lotta that went over my head, I did know about retrofitting the paddles you would have to do 1 extra step but never read any further into it. Congrats though man you got a sweet ride!
I'm balls deep in this, lol. I was getting bored with it tbh but this piqued my interest and it's almost a one off car. There's only one other guy that's gone this deep and he's the one that did it first. It will make a M2 Comp have to wait for at least another yr or two.

The DSC/ABS and SZL swap would be the only part that the manual guys could use which would require the DSC switch on the console and the custom bin if you wanted a working Power button, MDrive and MDM.

I want one of those Nelson wheels now, screw the BMW wheel.
      08-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #5771
b92
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm balls deep in this, lol. I was getting bored with it tbh but this piqued my interest and it's almost a one off car. There's only one other guy that's gone this deep and he's the one that did it first. It will make a M2 Comp have to wait for at least another yr or two.

The DSC/ABS and SZL swap would be the only part that the manual guys could use which would require the DSC switch on the console and the custom bin if you wanted a working Power button, MDrive and MDM.

Holy crap you're deep. This is very intriguing, I would love this kind of functionality in my iS, although 6MT doesn't have nearly the same benefits as the DCT.

Do any aftermarket coilovers support the OE EDC functionality? That would be nifty.
      08-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #5772
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Quote:

Holy crap you're deep. This is very intriguing, I would love this kind of functionality in my iS, although 6MT doesn't have nearly the same benefits as the DCT.

Do any aftermarket coilovers support the OE EDC functionality? That would be nifty.
For EDC compatibility you'd need to check with what the M3 aftermarket has available. I haven't looked into it enough to know if even the stock EDC or regular M3 struts and springs fit our cars as is. I know the rear camber link and shock are different and can be retrofitted, I can't remember about the front.

I know there's a shop in Australia that's done it along with DCT retrofits on E9x's. The parts are plentiful on Ebay, it's just a matter of collecting them all, researching the crap out of it, and diving in.

I think my next "large" project will be a M3 steering rack and working servotronic. That's pretty well documented and hopefully it will be adjustable through my Idrive M menu settings once that's up and running. It's easy to code in but not functional yet.
      08-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #5773
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Haha want a slightly used blue stripe wheel instead?? I'm getting rid of everything ///M on the car and the steering wheel is the last thing, switching to the yellow stripe BMW Performance wheel. Pretty much have a full BMW Performance 335iS after that.
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #5774
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Quote:

Here ya go.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1458943
      08-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #5775
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Quote:

Haha want a slightly used blue stripe wheel instead?? I'm getting rid of everything ///M on the car and the steering wheel is the last thing, switching to the yellow stripe BMW Performance wheel. Pretty much have a full BMW Performance 335iS after that.
That a really nice wheel. I was in it more for the paddles than anything. I wanted the M multifunction switches to work so I needed the M paddles. Shit, the damn paddles are $400-500 new, so the complete wheel @$400 was a bargain. I needed a bargain after the last 6 months.

So performance wheel, exhaust, suspension, 313 wheels qualify, what else is there?
      08-12-2018, 01:33 AM   #5776
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 335is

Hi guys... so the car has been driving pretty rough... I have 85k miles on her... all new injector and plugs were done last December... I just did all coils a month ago... I was getting on it about a week ago and got a service engine light that won’t go away. I ran the code today and it was a P2808; Pressure Control Solenoid G Performance/ Stuck Off... any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #5777
NoGuru
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsflis View Post
Hi guys... so the car has been driving pretty rough... I have 85k miles on her... all new injector and plugs were done last December... I just did all coils a month ago... I was getting on it about a week ago and got a service engine light that won’t go away. I ran the code today and it was a P2808; Pressure Control Solenoid G Performance/ Stuck Off... any ideas?
Sounds like a DCT code. Might want to have that looked at by a pro.
2011 335is DCT BQ Tuning / BMS CAI / VRSF kittyless DP's / Synapse BOV and charge pipe / 7" VRSF Race FMIC / Walbro 535 and 450 on BMP4 / E90 tune / Diff Brace / PR Coils / Relocation Inlets / DAW Stage3+ Turbos / MMP port injection / xHP Stage 3 / FPR and -6 fuel lines
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #5778
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like a DCT code. Might want to have that looked at by a pro.
Jesus.... my fear exactly.... any possible ideas?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #5779
rsyed07
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 330i, E92 13' 335is

You may have been leaking transmission fluid for a while and not notice it due to the plastic belly pan and it got to a point where it the bare minimum requirement isn't met. I have seen IS DCT models leak transmission fluid after 60k. This is just my assumption but it could be something else.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #5780
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So performance wheel, exhaust, suspension, 313 wheels qualify, what else is there?
Got a custom PedalHaus set and got rid of the footrest M, arc-8 wheels, Performance shift knob and boot, steering wheel and door sills .... even the M3 control arms have the ///M scratched out
Appreciate 1
LMB335IS1299.00
      08-13-2018, 01:00 PM   #5781
marsflis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsyed07 View Post
You may have been leaking transmission fluid for a while and not notice it due to the plastic belly pan and it got to a point where it the bare minimum requirement isn't met. I have seen IS DCT models leak transmission fluid after 60k. This is just my assumption but it could be something else.
I figured that may be my issue since I've pretty much kept her stock and have gotten on it too bad.... just ordered the service kit from ECS tunnig... hoping it fixes the issue
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #5782
P-rex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black 335is DCT

Anyone running catted DPs? And with a tune?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 06:51 PM   #5783
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-rex View Post
yes.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #5784
NoGuru
Major
Rep

Garage List
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Probably 90% of the people in this thread
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #5785
P-rex
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Probably 90% of the people in this thread
Which brand is worth buying that won't fail emission testing? So far I've only heard good stuff with COBB
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #5786
P-rex
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yes.
Which brand do you go with?
Appreciate 0