E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > satnav updates and speed camera stuff

02-12-2007, 05:46 AM   #1
ZiM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Question satnav updates and speed camera stuff

how do

when i get my car what is involved to get all the map software all up to the latest version and also with the ability to do postcode searches and scamera locations?

would be DAMN useful, also, what is this BMW assist thing? i get 6 months subscription for free so does this include these updates?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
how do

when i get my car what is involved to get all the map software all up to the latest version and also with the ability to do postcode searches and scamera locations?

would be DAMN useful, also, what is this BMW assist thing? i get 6 months subscription for free so does this include these updates?

Your car should come with the latest NAV disc which has the postcode search.

You can add speed camera data to it following the instructions here:

http://www.bmwnavaddpoi.co.uk/

If you can make an ISO of the disc I can e-mail you the altered files. All you would need to do is insert these into your ISO and burn back to DVD.

I haven't signed up for the BMW assist option, but as I understand it you press the assist button which starts a call to the BMW team. You can then ask for directions, phone numbers etc which they can download direct to your nav.

So if you wanted directions to a hotel and it's tel no they would beam them down to your idrive for you.

Unfortunately there is no map update support so you either need to keep buying new nav discs or obtain them by other means
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 10:13 AM   #3
ZiM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

cheers for that thats a right chore tho if you've got the ready made files and the speed cam positions are up to date i'd apprecite em
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
cheers for that thats a right chore tho if you've got the ready made files and the speed cam positions are up to date i'd apprecite em
PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send them on. I have the Jan 07 camera data already done.
Appreciate 0