E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > HELP JB4 FF Wire Install

08-31-2017, 07:34 PM   #1
Toome
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i M-Sport

Garage List
HELP JB4 FF Wire Install

I’m in the middle of installing FF wires for my JB4. Directions say to look for the green wires but I don’t see any. Am I missing something or are they supposed to be a different color?
Attached Images

09-01-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toome View Post
IÂ’m in the middle of installing FF wires for my JB4. Directions say to look for the green wires but I donÂ’t see any. Am I missing something or are they supposed to be a different color?
The pair of green wires are there! I can see them in your picture. Carefully separate the 25 pin D-Sub connector, taking care not to lose the 5-40 screws and nuts. Next, open up the split wire loom approximately 6-8 inches back from the 25 pin D-Sub connector, you will see them.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
Toome
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranelec View Post
The pair of green wires are there! I can see them in your picture. Carefully separate the 25 pin D-Sub connector, taking care not to lose the 5-40 screws and nuts. Next, open up the split wire loom approximately 6-8 inches back from the 25 pin D-Sub connector, you will see them.
I only see one green wire and in the instructions below there are 3. You’re saying if I split the wire loom farther back I will see them?
Attached Images

09-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
orteeze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB F80

Like I said on N54tech, you more than likely have a rev 2.0 board w/ harness. Rev 1.0 had both green wires from the TMAP connectors running back to the JB4. They switched it up with they started sending the JB4's out with FF wires installed. With the rev 2.0 they have the green wires looped back to each other (essentially what you do according to the instructions) and have the two black wires from the FF going to JB4 pins #4 and #21. Since the FF wire kit only comes with one wire with a d sub pin (gold pin that inserts into jb4) you will have to purchase some d sub pins and crimp it onto the other FF wire. It requires a special crimp tool, but you might be able to make it work without.

Once I get back to the house I can tell you which wire goes to what pin; I have a good idea, but not 100% sure nor will I be responsible if something goes wrong.

Anyways, I would wait and see if Terry is going to send you a set of FF wires with both ends w/ d sub pins or what other solution he may have.

If you have a good electronics parts store in town, you might find what you need locally.

D Sub Pins:

https://www.showmecables.com/d-sub-m...caAhGKEALw_wcB

Crimp Tool:

https://www.showmecables.com/d-sub-crimp-tool
2011 BSP 335is- FOR SALE
2018 YMB M3- Current
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #5
Toome
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by orteeze View Post
Like I said on N54tech, you more than likely have a rev 2.0 board w/ harness. Rev 1.0 had both green wires from the TMAP connectors running back to the JB4. They switched it up with they started sending the JB4's out with FF wires installed. With the rev 2.0 they have the green wires looped back to each other (essentially what you do according to the instructions) and have the two black wires from the FF going to JB4 pins #4 and #21. Since the FF wire kit only comes with one wire with a d sub pin (gold pin that inserts into jb4) you will have to purchase some d sub pins and crimp it onto the other FF wire. It requires a special crimp tool, but you might be able to make it work without.

Once I get back to the house I can tell you which wire goes to what pin; I have a good idea, but not 100% sure nor will I be responsible if something goes wrong.

Anyways, I would wait and see if Terry is going to send you a set of FF wires with both ends w/ d sub pins or what other solution he may have.

If you have a good electronics parts store in town, you might find what you need locally.

D Sub Pins:

https://www.showmecables.com/d-sub-m...caAhGKEALw_wcB

Crimp Tool:

https://www.showmecables.com/d-sub-crimp-tool
Thank you so much for you thorough explanation. Hope you are right and that’s all I have to do.
orteeze223.00