E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > INTRO: Camber-Toe aka Boopie Motorworks

02-19-2010, 12:41 PM   #45
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

ill be seeing you tomorrow morning bright and early

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #46
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
big props to Matt, had my springs/alignment done there~
+1 i had a quick, solid install and perfect alignment at a good price. plus they kept me entertained while the car was being worked on.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 01:10 PM   #47
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
+1 i had a quick, solid install and perfect alignment at a good price. plus they kept me entertained while the car was being worked on.
Matt did his lap dance for you...hmm i thought that was only for me!

I told you about the shop....that alignment machine they have is BIG!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #48
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Yup Aaron should be down monday or tuesday. F14s are gonna look nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #49
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

YES....thats the sig of the year right dere!!!!
      02-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #50
a l l a n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 E90 328xi  [0.00]
Congrats Matt and good luck!

Yep, Matt's the man. He did my V3 install and post-install adjustment.
: Exterior: Blacklines, debadged, HO ceramic 35% tint, Hoen yellow fogs, matte black grille, OEM style splitters, Halogen-to-Xenon Interior: Alum pedals, CF wrapped trim, V1 and Nuvi hardwire, M-Tech tri-stitched wheel, SMG M5 shift knob Performance: AluFelgen CSL 19" 8.5 ET33/9.5 ET30 with 5mm rear spacers | GY Eagle F1 Asym 235/265, KW V3, BMW Perf exhaust+intake
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #51
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep

Just got back from Camber Toe Motorworks and wanted to write a small review.

I have about 21k miles on my car. To say the least, I am VERY picky about who works on my car, that being said, I usually do the work on my car, or usually have a close friend of mine help me out.

I had KW V1 coilovers on my 335i xDrive for about 5k miles. I detested the ride and I wanted to go back to OEM. I did the work myself and had the car aligned at BMW. In the process, I decided to not include the lower spring pads for the rear suspension, and a minute spacer on the front shocks. Ever since the car reverted to the OEM suspension I have been a rattle snake. The car's rear end made metal to metal noise on every little bump.

I decided to go to Matt because of his excellent reputation on the forum and also his knowledge from the posts I saw him make in the past.

On the agenda today were

1. put the rubber lower spring pads on the control arm
2. there are 2 torx bolts that hold this coupler that holds the shock - one was cross threaded, the other was missing and I replaced it recently - so remove the shot one and put on a new one
3. double and triple check the suspension

I gave the car to Matt at 10:45am and was ready to get on the road by 1:45pm. Not only did Matt do what I asked him to do, but he went above and beyond. See, I need to comment here, this is where you have the border between a good mechanic and a GREAT MECHANIC. Matt falls into the latter. He truly is a GREAT/PHENOMENAL/TREMENDOUS/MASTERFUL mechanic. Not only did he do what I asked him, but he noticed that

1. the lower nut on both rear shocks were incorrect ones - ones used for KW - guess I grabbed the wrong ones during re-install.
2. the front springs were not installed in their spring pad perch properly
3. the catch can was loose (both screws fell off)

He made notes on things that he wasn't asked to - which is initiative and shows me that he truly cares about the customer and doesn't want to see them drive off w/a problematic car.

I absolutely adored having Matt work on my car and would only trust him to work on my 335.

Kudos to Matt and Camber Toe Motorworks. You have a lifetime customer in me and someone that will recommend you to the world.

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #52
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post

I have about 21k miles on my car. To say the least, I am VERY picky about who works on my car, that being said, I usually do the work on my car, or usually have a close friend of mine help me out.

I had KW V1 coilovers on my 335i xDrive for about 5k miles. I detested the ride and I wanted to go back to OEM. I did the work myself and had the car aligned at BMW. In the process, I decided to not include the lower spring pads for the rear suspension, and a minute spacer on the front shocks. Ever since the car reverted to the OEM suspension I have been a rattle snake. The car's rear end made metal to metal noise on every little bump.

I decided to go to Matt because of his excellent reputation on the forum and also his knowledge from the posts I saw him make in the past.

On the agenda today were

2. there are 2 torx bolts that hold this coupler that holds the shock - one was cross threaded, the other was missing and I replaced it recently - so remove the shot one and put on a new one

I gave the car to Matt at 10:45am and was ready to get on the road by 1:45pm. Not only did Matt do what I asked him to do, but he went above and beyond. See, I need to comment here, this is where you have the border between a good mechanic and a GREAT MECHANIC. Matt falls into the latter. He truly is a GREAT/PHENOMENAL/TREMENDOUS/MASTERFUL mechanic. Not only did he do what I asked him, but he noticed that

1. the lower nut on both rear shocks were incorrect ones - ones used for KW - guess I grabbed the wrong ones during re-install.

He made notes on things that he wasn't asked to - which is initiative and shows me that he truly cares about the customer and doesn't want to see them drive off w/a problematic car.

I absolutely adored having Matt work on my car and would only trust him to work on my 335.

Kudos to Matt and Camber Toe Motorworks. You have a lifetime customer in me and someone that will recommend you to the world.
I was the guy who was waiting to get DPs installed in the 135i waiting there with you today. Matt is great, takes his time, and as you said, goes above and beyond, and made sure it was done right. I will recommend him to other fellow N54 owners for their install needs!
      02-20-2010, 05:59 PM   #53
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
I was the guy who was waiting to get DPs installed in the 135i waiting there with you today. Matt is great, takes his time, and as you said, goes above and beyond, and made sure it was done right. I will recommend him to other fellow N54 owners for their install needs!
Hey were you the asian dude that my dog liked?

your car is sooo gorgeous. i love it. hope you enjoy the DP!

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #54
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

You guys were waiting in the same place and didn't have a conversation like Hi I am mike and I am JOHN!! lol What the hell were you guys doing all that time!! lol

Matt is definitely a great person to deal with for sure...very methodical
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #55
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:

lol, if I knew the xi was yours I'd have stirred up a conversation! Your dog probably smelled my dog on me; prob why he/she got so excited!
      02-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #56
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
You guys were waiting in the same place and didn't have a conversation like Hi I am mike and I am JOHN!! lol What the hell were you guys doing all that time!! lol

Matt is definitely a great person to deal with for sure...very methodical
I showed up just about when his car was getting done it seems.
      02-20-2010, 10:30 PM   #57
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep

Quote:
lol, if I knew the xi was yours I'd have stirred up a conversation! Your dog probably smelled my dog on me; prob why he/she got so excited!
hahahha. if i knew that was ur 1, i would of asked for a ride!

Quote:
yeah i was there from 1045 to 145. it was a fun 3 hrs!

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 11:15 PM   #58
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So how's those downpipes feel? That car was a rocket and I wasn't even really pushing it!

I don't care what people say, chalk another one up for VK downpipes. Another smooth install, fit absolutley perfect, and no problem with 02 location . I hope that new DPfix from BMS does the job as well .
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #59
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

On the agenda today were

Thanks for the kind words . You can't go wrong bringing it to a certified BMW tech

I hope you get that headlight situation taken care of. Both front and rear sensors were perfectly fine so I don't know why they wouldn't adjust right...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #60
InfamousM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
+1 for camber toe and Matt!! He did my suspension there and installed my springs and did an alignment, car has felt amazing ever since!! your a true professional matt.. goodluck with the shop , will be visiting you soon once i get my coilovers and remove the springs
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 02:02 AM   #61
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe View Post
So how's those downpipes feel? That car was a rocket and I wasn't even really pushing it!

I don't care what people say, chalk another one up for VK downpipes. Another smooth install, fit absolutley perfect, and no problem with 02 location . I hope that new DPfix from BMS does the job as well .
Just went on a 2.0 logging binge in Mexico with the dps, throttle response is MUCH improved. The difference in power not so sure.
      02-21-2010, 05:25 AM   #62
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Hey whats up Matt this is Sean! I had no idea you were on the forum as a sponser. I can vouch for thye guys @ Camber Toe. Sing, Ryan & Matt do excellent work. They installed my RCA adapters, control arms, alignment on my Lexus GS400 last summer. Here is the car below..

I've recommended friends to the shop as well & will continue to use Camber Toe as my shop of choice. You guys should check them out for sure..

See you in the spring Matt.
      02-21-2010, 07:52 AM   #63
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
Hey whats up Matt this is Sean! I had no idea you were on the forum as a sponser. I can vouch for thye guys @ Camber Toe. Sing, Ryan & Matt do excellent work. They installed my RCA adapters, control arms, alignment on my Lexus GS400 last summer. Here is the car below..

I've recommended friends to the shop as well & will continue to use Camber Toe as my shop of choice. You guys should check them out for sure..

See you in the spring Matt.
no problem bro!

Everyone has remained except Sing tho..he moved out to a Nissan Dealership. No worries tho we got the bases covered
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 11:11 AM   #64
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Mount up a set of F14s on a 2010 E92 Msport 335 last night. Stay tuned for pics
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #65
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

Ok Im the guy who had his Forgestar F14 installed by Matt on Tuesday. Great job Matt. He also mounted my new TPMS that I ordered from Tischer BMW at $315 for the 2010 models. $315 is better than the $450-$465 I was quoted everywhere else.

Today Matt did my CDV mod and installed my UUC short shift kit. Matt did a great intall with the short shift kit. The ride is amazing and the price was on the money. Im not going to start giving out Matts prices but all I can say is he is very reasonable. Not only are you getting great work your not getting ass raped without the vasoline like other shops do.

He is going to be installing my sway bars and suspension in the next 3 weeks
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2010, 06:53 PM   #66
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Ok Im the guy who had his Forgestar F14 installed by Matt on Tuesday. Great job Matt. He also mounted my new TPMS that I ordered from Tischer BMW at $315 for the 2010 models. $315 is better than the $450-$465 I was quoted everywhere else.

Today Matt did my CDV mod and installed my UUC short shift kit. Matt did a great intall with the short shift kit. The ride is amazing and the price was on the money. Im not going to start giving out Matts prices but all I can say is he is very reasonable. Not only are you getting great work your not getting ass raped without the vasoline like other shops do.

He is going to be installing my sway bars and suspension in the next 3 weeks
Thanks for the props Aaron. Looking forward to seein you back at the shop shortly
Appreciate 0