E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > FRM help

03-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Anyone on here have experience fixing a FRM? Was doing some coding and all of a sudden all of the lights on the car went dim and now my windows aren?t going up and down from the switch and they don?t do the small drop when opening the door.

Hoping there’s is someone local who would be able to help me since I know these can be fixed without buying a whole new module.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 11:53 PM   #2
Daniel08E93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E93

Garage List
Are you sure your battery didn't just die? Sometimes when you're coding stuff you lose track of time and the battery gets drained fairly easy
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 01:19 AM   #3
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel08E93 View Post
Are you sure your battery didn't just die? Sometimes when you're coding stuff you lose track of time and the battery gets drained fairly easy
The car was running at the time; which I read is a no no when coding... rookie mistake
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 04:40 AM   #4
Daniel08E93
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_stephen View Post
The car was running at the time; which I read is a no no when coding... rookie mistake
Right you don't want the car running because it WILL cause issues but you do need it awake with the "ignition on" as in the key in the slot if you don't have CA and you pressing the start button to turn the electronics on I.E. the radio DME dash lights etc. Even like that the car uses a lot of power and could potentially drain the car, just check the voltage on the battery and if it's reading I believe under 12v your battery is dead, if you don't have a tool to read the battery just try jump starting the car see if that makes your issue go away. When I first started coding I spent a bit of time and didn't realize how long I had the car "on" for and it drained the battery and I had the same symptoms as you and I thought I messed up my FRM but the car just didn't have enough juice to it
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 06:49 AM   #5
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Right you don't want the car running because it WILL cause issues but you do need it awake with the "ignition on" as in the key in the slot if you don't have CA and you pressing the start button to turn the electronics on I.E. the radio DME dash lights etc. Even like that the car uses a lot of power and could potentially drain the car, just check the voltage on the battery and if it's reading I believe under 12v your battery is dead, if you don't have a tool to read the battery just try jump starting the car see if that makes your issue go away. When I first started coding I spent a bit of time and didn't realize how long I had the car "on" for and it drained the battery and I had the same symptoms as you and I thought I messed up my FRM but the car just didn't have enough juice to it
But if the battery was dead the car wouldn’t turn on, right? I was able to drive to car to work an back yesterday but the windows still aren’t working. The dome light won’t turn on automatically when the car is turned off, but it turns on if you press the button...weird stuff
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 07:52 AM   #6
Daniel08E93
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
But if the battery was dead the car wouldn't turn on, right? I was able to drive to car to work an back yesterday but the windows still aren't working. The dome light won't turn on automatically when the car is turned off, but it turns on if you press the button...weird stuff
Mmmm you right you right, have you tried maybe putting the FRM back to its factory settings? I know you're using protool and I know they have that option maybe you accidentally coded the wrong stuff
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 03:03 PM   #7
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But if the battery was dead the car wouldn't turn on, right? I was able to drive to car to work an back yesterday but the windows still aren't working. The dome light won't turn on automatically when the car is turned off, but it turns on if you press the button...weird stuff
Mmmm you right you right, have you tried maybe putting the FRM back to its factory settings? I know you're using protool and I know they have that option maybe you accidentally coded the wrong stuff
I think I’m going to try that. I mean at this point, what more do I have to lose lol
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2019, 06:36 PM   #8
Daniel08E93
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I think I'm going to try that. I mean at this point, what more do I have to lose lol
Yeah I mean try it, in any case you need your frm repaired I just found this on Craigslist a guy in Broward, FL near Miami is repairing them https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts...819315322.html
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 11:58 AM   #9
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I think I'm going to try that. I mean at this point, what more do I have to lose lol
Yeah I mean try it, in any case you need your frm repaired I just found this on Craigslist a guy in Broward, FL near Miami is repairing them https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/pts...819315322.html
So I used ProTool to recode the FRM to the factory settings and everything started working again. Thanks for the help bro; I really appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2019, 10:48 PM   #10
Daniel08E93
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So I used ProTool to recode the FRM to the factory settings and everything started working again. Thanks for the help bro; I really appreciate it
Sweet man that's awesome! Definitely dodged a bullet there man I'm glad things worked out!
Appreciate 0