E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help - E93 top failing to close 100% when car is running

04-17-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
mtenhoven
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i xDrive M-sport

Exclamation Help - E93 top failing to close 100% when car is running

Hi there -

Here is the situation: Our 2007 E93 recently has run into an issue where the top does not close 100% when closing from within the car with the engine running. (Photos below.) The top control switch light turns red and the top error icon is displayed in the gauge cluster. The top opens and stores properly with the car running though. The car does not have i-drive, so I'm unaware what the actual error is. (Is there a way to get this without i-drive?)

The part that has me puzzled is that when using the key fob outside the car the top properly opens and closes 100% of the time.

All hinges have been recently lubricated per the guide.

Any thoughts why the top will not close with the car running, but works fine with the key fob would be appreciated. I'm hoping that someone has seen this before and can make a suggestion or two on where to look.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0