E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Where Is The Audi RS5?

12-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #67
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
It sounds weak IMO.

I will take the m3 v8 sound over this anyday. I think compare this tt-rs sound to an italian exotic is crazy. It is not even close.
The difference is that you weren't brought up going to rallys where the mighty Quattro Sports were belting through the forests. The sound from this TT just reminds me so much of that experience and frankly to me there is few engine notes that are better.

Audi Quattro Sport S1

Audi TT-RS

It might not have the same fire breathing bark nor the volume but it's the same sound none the less.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #68
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
The difference is that you weren't brought up going to rallys where the mighty Quattro Sports were belting through the forests. The sound from this TT just reminds me so much of that experience and frankly to me there is few engine notes that are better.

Audi Quattro Sport S1

Audi TT-RS

It might not have the same fire breathing bark nor the volume but it's the same sound none the less.
I stopped reading his lines after: "for me, sound is the most important part of the purchase decision. second is the look. third is performance."
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #69
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I stopped reading his lines after: "for me, sound is the most important part of the purchase decision. second is the look. third is performance."
Sound does play a bigger part in a sportscar purchase than just about any other and to be honest the 3 he listed are among the top five needed to make that decision on a sportscar so that is why I replied.

Example:
Would you buy an R8 with a diesel that matched the petrol v10 equivalent in every other way but ultimately still sounded like any other diesel?

Get my point.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #70
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
and your point is?

why don't you buy a prius, almost no sound for you.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #71
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 2009 M3

cant believe this thread is still alive....the RS5 is not coming...Audi isnt stupid....they know it wont sell in North America!
the competition will be less expensive with better performance...they know this...thats why it wont come hear....bottom line!
too bad...so sad!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #72
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
cant believe this thread is still alive....the RS5 is not coming...Audi isnt stupid....they know it wont sell in North America!
the competition will be less expensive with better performance...they know this...thats why it wont come hear....bottom line!
too bad...so sad!
The competition is an M3, that is just a tad faster than the 335/S4 (unmodded). The previous RS4 beat the E46 M3, why would this be any issue? The current V6TC in the S4/S5Cab is heavily underutilized, with a lot of room to sqeeze more. THe 4.2V8 is due for a change...
As for the price, the S4 surprised everyone with a starting price of under $46k, equipped like a 335XI with ZSP+ZPP+Cold Package = cheaper than the competition...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 07:47 AM   #73
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
and your point is?

why don't you buy a prius, almost no sound for you.
Because I opted for the Performance first... Luckily, it comes with a great sound, too, which is just a plus...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #74
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Because I opted for the Performance first... Luckily, it comes with a great sound, too, which is just a plus...
but the s4 is not a performance car.

I mean if I'm in a market for a performance car, then the s4 is dead last on my list.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #75
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I mean if I'm in a market for a performance car, then the s4 is dead last on my list.
well said!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 06:02 PM   #76
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The competition is an M3, that is just a tad faster than the 335/S4 (unmodded). The previous RS4 beat the E46 M3, why would this be any issue? The current V6TC in the S4/S5Cab is heavily underutilized, with a lot of room to sqeeze more. THe 4.2V8 is due for a change...
As for the price, the S4 surprised everyone with a starting price of under $46k, equipped like a 335XI with ZSP+ZPP+Cold Package = cheaper than the competition...
"....why would this be any issue?"...Audi thinks its an issue...thats why they are not planning to bring it out here....way too expensive (just like most Audi's)
Audi's are infamous for expensive cars that lack performance!
it is what it is....
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #77
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
"....why would this be any issue?"...Audi thinks its an issue...thats why they are not planning to bring it out here....way too expensive (just like most Audi's)
Audi's are infamous for expensive cars that lack performance!
it is what it is....
THe 2010 S4 is cheaper (equally equipped) than your 335, and we all know where performance is...
I know you're trying hard here...but you should know better by now...

As for the RS4, I don't know much about its pricing, so...
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #78
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:

In that case even better...it is a great performing and sounding, non-performance car, dirt cheap....

Can you share the top three on your list?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #79
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
THe 2010 S4 is cheaper (equally equipped) than your 335, and we all know where performance is...
I know you're trying hard here...but you should know better by now...

As for the RS4, I don't know much about its pricing, so...
why do you keep bringing up the S4?...stay on topic sparky!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #80
shiggy
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In that case even better...it is a great performing and sounding, non-performance car, dirt cheap....

Can you share the top three on your list?
are you trying to make yourself feel better with your purchase of the S4??
are you suffering from buyers remorse?
why do you have a need to be here on a BMW forum?
BMW outsells Audi 3 to 1 in canada....probably more in the US....so keep trying to covert guys over to Audi....just goes to show you how desperate Audi is....pathetic really!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #81
boombastic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 AMS GT-R & Powerchip X5M

yes it is off topic, but you are the pathetic one as i read through.

Quote:
BMW outsells Audi 3 to 1 in canada....probably more in the US....so keep trying to covert guys over to Audi....just goes to show you how desperate Audi is....pathetic really!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #82
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Kid-o, I was on this forum before you knew BMW made cars...
I owned multiple bimmers before switching to my first Audi. Why? Because between the car you have and the S4 -- Audi was cheaper, nicer, better 6MT, and better performer, no DAMN RFTs... The decision was simple...

Oh, and exclusivness (3000 S4s in the NA vs 10x+ 335s) was another reason why I did not want the 335 (along with the pump fiasco, etc...)

Honestly, no remorse here...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #83
Bluechipper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Vert

Quote:
d-bag

S4=great car

Audi is back in the FI game, where they belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombastic View Post
yes it is off topic, but you are the pathetic one as i read through.
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #84
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:

Hahahahaha
Wow your really ignorant aren't you!
First of all the S4 is a great performing car and it sounds great!
Second if all since i can see that your not the brightest cat around i think i'll take a moment to school you.
Do you know why Bmw outsells Audi 3 to 1 in Canada?
Because they discount them like crazy!!!! Try 20,000$ off my previous E93 M3
And well your precious 335 well let's not even go there. Discounts galore!!
And i was probably one of the first people in Montreal to have a E92 335 back at the end of 06.
Audi is desperate? hahahahaha ya ok
90% of the cars they sell have to be special ordered because they can't keep up with demand. Oh and try to get a discount that's anywhere close to what Bmw offers...
So you my friend your the chump since ( unfortunately ) nowadays your average person making s decent salary can afford a Bmw.
Oh and by the way i absolutely loved my E92 335 and i absolutely love my E93 M3.
And my 2010 S5 Cab with that measly V6 Supercharged engine... I absolutely love it!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 12:40 AM   #85
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
this is pretty lame

The S4 is a really good car
      12-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #86
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Quote:
And who is DESPERATELY arguing? Really, the only thing pathetic was your response. You insist that sales figures give a damn about performance? Have you driven an S4? It is very good, but way to be defensive, mate.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:38 AM   #87
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Hahahahaha
Second if all since i can see that your not the brightest cat around i think i'll take a moment to school you.
And i was probably one of the first people in Montreal to have a E92 335 back at the end of 06.
90% of the cars they sell have to be special ordered because they can't keep up with demand. Oh and try to get a discount that's anywhere close to what Bmw offers...
So you my friend your the chump since ( unfortunately ) nowadays your average person making s decent salary can afford a Bmw.
Oh and by the way i absolutely loved my E92 335 and i absolutely love my E93 M3.
And my 2010 S5 Cab with that measly V6 Supercharged engine... I absolutely love it!!!
This is something I have been complaining about for quite a while, all they are doing is buying loyalty, percentage share and global sales but at the expense of actually making profit.

At some point it will eventually catch you up and bite you on the ass.

The real surprise is that such numbers out there is the market place isn't having a dire effect on secondhand sales prices as they do here in the UK and else where. Probably because in the US and possibly Canada everyone leases them to hand back at the end of term.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #88
graider
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Hahahahaha
Honestly I see no reason whatsoever to trade an e93 m3 vert for an s5 cab. that is a downgrade in both look and performance IMHO.

again s4 is a 335i competitor. I would never take it over the m3. sorry
Appreciate 0