E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > OE Tuning vs. Active Autowerks ECU Tune



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #67
328iSport
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog View Post
AA tune is $399. I got my ECU flashed at Jlevi SW (North Cal) today.
Disconnected battery earlier to reset ECU. Will let you guys know my butt dyno later
Cool. It appears you have a 330i. I see where the price for that tune is $399. I have a 328i, which is listed at $499. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Looking forward to your review.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #68
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,523
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iSport View Post
Cool. It appears you have a 330i. I see where the price for that tune is $399. I have a 328i, which is listed at $499. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Looking forward to your review.
It is the same $399 price. AA just did not bother to update the website.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #69
328iSport
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
It is the same $399 price. AA just did not bother to update the website.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #70
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
United_States
989
Rep
12,741
Posts

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (28)

What would happen if I were to disconnect the battery? Do I have anything to gain from it? Also I experienced an unusual phenomenon. Although I've had my AA TUNE for nearly a month, in the last week I noticed more torquiness and power in accelerating in the midrange.. Could it be the cold weather? Did my car take a month to "adapt, or am I imagining things?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #71
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,523
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
What would happen if I were to disconnect the battery? Do I have anything to gain from it? Also I experienced an unusual phenomenon. Although I've had my AA TUNE for nearly a month, in the last week I noticed more torquiness and power in accelerating in the midrange.. Could it be the cold weather? Did my car take a month to "adapt, or am I imagining things?
Did you start using DS instead of D?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #72
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
United_States
989
Rep
12,741
Posts

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (28)

Haha nope
Just say I'm a freaking nutjob, I can take it
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #73
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,523
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDeFranco1 View Post
Haha nope
Just say I'm a freaking nutjob, I can take it
Low temp can certainly help.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #74
Analog
Captain
Analog's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
621
Posts

Drives: 12 F10 535 xdrive
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Santa Clara, CA

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iSport View Post
Cool. It appears you have a 330i. I see where the price for that tune is $399. I have a 328i, which is listed at $499. Unless of course, I'm missing something.

Looking forward to your review.
Left my battery disconnected overnight on Thursday. Drove it for two days, can definitely feel more kick/pull after 3000 RPM (might be because of the cold weather as well). Th AA flash just makes my car a bit more fun to drive now
For those on the edge of getting one, I say GO FOR IT!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:19 PM   #75
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
United_States
989
Rep
12,741
Posts

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (28)

What "advantage" does disconnecting the battery provide? I got the AA Flash a month ago..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 03:31 PM   #76
Scottycs
BMW OG
United_States
23
Rep
557
Posts

Drives: 09 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (6)

none.
__________________
-Chris
2009 335i 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #77
roman_s
Second Lieutenant
roman_s's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
208
Posts

Drives: E90/325i/Sport Package
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Curious to know how much DS Motorsport tune is..
__________________
◆ 325i Sports Package ◆ 20%/5%/20% Tints ◆ 19" M6 Miro Reps ◆ H&R Sport Springs ◆ Daeos (Vista) Harness ◆ Cold-Air Intake
In Progress: CDV Delete, Clutch Pedal Stop, CF Interior Trim, LED Blacklines, Angel Eyes
Future: Short Shift Kit, Front Amber Delete, Body Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #78
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,523
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog View Post
Left my battery disconnected overnight on Thursday. Drove it for two days, can definitely feel more kick/pull after 3000 RPM (might be because of the cold weather as well). Th AA flash just makes my car a bit more fun to drive now
For those on the edge of getting one, I say GO FOR IT!!
What about difference at a startup from 0?

BTW, what kind of intake mod is in your avatar?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #79
BudVlad
Old Geezer
BudVlad's Avatar
Czech_Republic
176
Rep
1,159
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 N53B30
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Budweis

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman_s View Post
Curious to know how much DS Motorsport tune is..
DS Motorsport tuning is 1,800 (~ $2,500).
For software reflash and individual dyno tuning. Gain on my car was 49.4 hp and 26.9 FtLb.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #80
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
Dark_Knight_335's Avatar
United_States
989
Rep
12,741
Posts

Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NY/NJ

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudVlad View Post
DS Motorsport tuning is 1,800 (~ $2,500).
For software reflash and individual dyno tuning. Gain on my car was 49.4 hp and 26.9 FtLb.
Anything in the states for this?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #81
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
United_States
294
Rep
3,879
Posts

Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

iTrader: (18)

The cold air will help a lot on a tuned car, cooler air "burns hotter" due to its density VS warm air. When its cold my car is a rocket, on the other hand when its over 100 i can feel the car not enjoying itself sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #82
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,523
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
The cold air will help a lot on a tuned car, cooler air "burns hotter" due to its density VS warm air. When its cold my car is a rocket, on the other hand when its over 100 i can feel the car not enjoying itself sometimes.
Ok then the obvious question is have you come up with a special intercooler for our N52 engines?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 11:55 PM   #83
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
636
Rep
5,518
Posts

Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (3)

What's the easiest way for someone in Australia to get either of these tunes?
Vendor solicitation welcome.

Also, do either of these provide throttle 'remapping'?

Gavin, you mention in post #11 that you change throttle response, but is this the same as the BMS powerbox which 'remaps' the throttle with different settings?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #84
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
United_States
294
Rep
3,879
Posts

Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
What's the easiest way for someone in Australia to get either of these tunes?
Vendor solicitation welcome.

Also, do either of these provide throttle 'remapping'?

Gavin, you mention in post #11 that you change throttle response, but is this the same as the BMS powerbox which 'remaps' the throttle with different settings?
We do change the sensitivity settings for the throttle, making it more responsive and eliminate that N52 lag we all know and love

My tuner might be visiting family Down Under in the coming months, he might be able to meet up if your in his area?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #85
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
636
Rep
5,518
Posts

Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
We do change the sensitivity settings for the throttle, making it more responsive and eliminate that N52 lag we all know and love

My tuner might be visiting family Down Under in the coming months, he might be able to meet up if your in his area?
Yeh sure, I'm in Sydney.

I just want to avoid sending my ecu overseas via post!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #86
kamek
Brigadier General
United_States
190
Rep
3,415
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Queens, NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [4.10]
Send a message via AIM to kamek
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328iSport View Post
Do we have an answer to this question? Why would anyone shift during the official pull? Craven 328? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
wonder why craven never answered this? why did you say you shift on a dyno?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2010, 04:19 AM   #87
chuson
New Member
1
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Wondering if there are any AA tune authorize dealer in Toronto (Canada).
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #88
dtc100
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,523
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 328i 6AT non-sport
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Norcal

iTrader: (0)

I know I am still working on my DIY mods and aftermarket bolt ons, but each day is closer to getting one of the ECU tunes than the day before

Here is my Q for all of you not just AA and OE.

If I can get 98 or even 102 octane fuel, will the ECU tune take the advantage? If so how much more gain can I expect?

Getting 98 fuel is not cheap, I just want to know if it will be worth the effort and cost. I am using 91 now just for reference.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST