E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - 2013 Edition

01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 335i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee - 2013 Edition

We have turned the page to a new calendar year. I hope this message finds you well. 2012, our inaugural year, was truly special. Every week brought new people and cars from all generations. Car clubs and groups of friends arrived from near and far to form one big family. Thank you to everyone that has participated and we look forward to meeting a brand new group of car enthusiasts down the road.

March 30 marks the 1-year anniversary of Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee as well as the unofficial end of hibernation for many of our cherished automobiles. The trickle chargers are disconnected, the summer tires are installed and the winter machines are parked.

If you haven’t been to one of our weekly Saturday morning gatherings, March 30 (or the April 6 rain date) will be something very special. Our first gathering on March 31, 2012 saw over 200 cars from every manufacturer and generation imaginable. Mark it on your calendar and spread the word.

In the meantime, when your Saturday morning schedule is open, be sure to visit us at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee!

Location: Hunt Valley Towne Centre in Hunt Valley, MD (near Joe’s Crab Shack)
Directions: I-83 to Exit 20A (Shawan Road East); 1/2 mile to Hunt Valley Towne Centre on the left
Date & Time: Saturday mornings, 8:00 – 10:00
Cars: Classic, exotic, luxury and everything in between
Coffee: Caribou Coffee, Panera, Chik-fil-A or your own road mug

For more information...
If you’re a Facebook member, join over 510+ members on the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Facebook Group Page.
If you're not a Facebook member, you can view the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Facebook General Page.
The Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee Flickr Page stores over 1700 photos of our Saturday gatherings.

Here are some recent photos…

Sincerely,

Rich "Will" Williams

Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee
Hunt Valley Towne Centre
118 Shawan Road
Hunt Valley, MD

Last edited by Wonka; 03-23-2013 at 05:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
Richard Spida
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

a very cool group of cars. look foward to seeing you guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Richard, when the schedule is open and you're ready for a road trip, we'll be there. Be sure to check the Flickr and Facebook sites for more photos and fresh information.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List

To find event specs and to sign-up, click here…
https://www.facebook.com/events/491785550857027

* Facebook membership is not required to view but if you would like to sign-up via Facebook, membership is required.
* You don’t need to sign-up to attend but it’ll provide us with a reasonable picture of attendance.

It has been a spectacular inaugural year. Thank you to everyone that has participated and spread the word. The 2012 season exceeded all expectations and 2013 will be truly special. Feel free to share the event link with your fellow car enthusiasts and family.

See you all down the road at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee!

Rich “Will” Williams
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
HVC&C

Always a very cool time.
Hey, who is that guy on the right in the last pic?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
Always a very cool time.
Hey, who is that guy on the right in the last pic?
When I visited Precinct 7 today to give them a copy and to be sure that they're in attendance, they couldn't place the man.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
That's because you were in the wrong county. I'm in Harford County, and was off duty. A rare weekend for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonka View Post
When I visited Precinct 7 today to give them a copy and to be sure that they're in attendance, they couldn't place the man.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydeputy View Post
That's because you were in the wrong county. I'm in Harford County, and was off duty. A rare weekend for sure.
Surely I jest. I'm the manager of the Baltimore County Department of Busting Chops.

As an FYI, there's a new Facebook home for Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee that aims to generate interest outside of the 555-member Group Page. It can be viewed by our members that don't have a Facebook membership and, of course, it can draw additional interest from Facebook users.

It was kicked into high gear last week and it will feature core updates and photo features. Essentially, its a pared-down version of our Group Page. If you like what you see, you are encouraged to click 'Like'.

Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee General Page

See you all down the road!

Rich "Will" Williams

Last edited by Wonka; 02-11-2013 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here's all of the Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee resources in one location.
* Click on the titles and you’re set.

One-Year Anniversary Facebook Page
* This is the location for information on March 30’s One-Year Anniversary. It can be viewed by everyone, regardless of Facebook membership. However, one must be a Facebook member to note their interest in attending.

Facebook Group Page
* Launched on January 31, 2012, it has 557 members and its our exclusive home for Facebook members. If you're a Facebook member, feel free to request an invite.

Facebook General Page
* Launched on February 5, 2013, its an information hub that can be viewed by everyone, regardless of Facebook membership. It also has links that will direct you to the other sites. If you vow to never have a Facebok membership, here, you can take a look and get out quickly.

Flickr Photography Page
* Launched on May 6, 2012, you'll see over 1800 photos contributed by 30 photographers. Membership is not required to view.

Hunt Valley-Cockeysville Patch Article
* The story is from September 12, 2012.

Rich “Will” Williams

Last edited by Wonka; 04-20-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Our One-Year Anniversary Celebration is 5 weeks away. Saturday, March 30 -- from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. -- is anticipated to be a spectacular time. While we have a dozens of non-Facebook members that have committed to attending, our Facebook site provides some metrics. As of today, 173 are listed as “Going”, 46 as a “Maybe” and 267 more have been invited.

To find more event specs and to sign-up via Facebook, click here.
* The link is viewable by everyone but if you would like to note your intentions, you must be a Facebook member. Registration isn’t required but it does provide us with some attendance expectations.

Thank you to everyone that has participated since March 31, 2012 and thank you to everyone that is planning to visit this year.

See you down the road…

Rich “Will” Williams

Last edited by Wonka; 02-23-2013 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #11
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
We’re approaching the 3-week mark for March 30’s One-Year Anniversary. As of this morning, here are the Facebook interest stats: 258 “Going”, 81 “Maybe” and those 339 enthusiasts have invited another 505. Of course, Facebook doesn’t provide the complete picture. Many of our latest additions have heard of us via conversations with other enthusiasts or have even heard about us on non-automotive message boards. The span of grassroots advertising has been truly impressive and it can be directly attributed to the scope and passion of our region’s automotive enthusiast community.

Hunt Valley Towne Centre will be prepared with a well-defined coned area near Joe’s Crab Shack for everyone that wishes to display their cars. There will be ample space to accommodate car club parking. If larger groups desire to park together – for convenience and photo opportunities – please arrive early as a group (if possible).

Admission is free for everyone. Donations are encouraged to help cover organizational costs. If you start your cruise to Hunt Valley before breakfast, Caribou Coffee, Panera Bread, Chick-fil-A and Wegmans will be open early for coffee and snacks.

Over the past year, many top photographers have been attending our gatherings and March 30 will be no exception. Since this event will be larger than average, photography will be taken to the air via a local helicopter service. Consider this an early notice to detail every top surface on your automobiles.

Baltimore County Police and Silver Star Security will be present to ensure a safe environment for all of our participants and their cherished automobiles. In particular, the policemen and women of Precinct 7 have been truly excellent in accommodating and providing additional security for our group. All in attendance have been automotive enthusiasts and to be honest, their work vehicles are pretty amazing in their own rights.

The foundation is set for a very memorable Saturday morning to celebrate our region’s automotive enthusiast community. For more information, please refer to the links on display earlier in this thread.

Its time to replenish your detailing products and maybe set the plan to bring your hibernating automobile back to life. We look forward to seeing everyone on March 30!

Rich “Will” Williams
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Tonk
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Econobox

Looking forward to it! Should be a huge turnout.
      03-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #13
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
Looking forward to it! Should be a huge turnout.
There are a few surprises in store. It'll be a quality assemblage of auto enthusiasts and their vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Two weeks! You have one weekend of prep remaining for the One-Year Anniversary then we’ll all have one morning of appreciation of our region’s diverse automobile culture. Get ready to expect the unexpected. While we’re nearing the end of our ‘off-season’, yesterday’s gathering was a prime example of the unexpected…even in the morning rains.

While the weather turned sour yesterday, the '27 Carrillo Ford Roadster was very sweet. Its on the way to Pomona for next weekend's Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary Homecoming Car Show. This beauty was the fastest roadster on the Bonneville Salt Flats in '51.

This '39 Studebaker definitely isn't the same as the old boss. Its also on its way to Pomona for the Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary Homecoming Car Show.

Yes, expect the unexpected! Our location within the Hunt Valley Towne Centre allows for hundreds of cars. There’s easy access from I-83. On Saturday, March 30, start your morning bright and early, take a nice cruise and celebrate the region’s finest cars and finest enthusiasts.

If you’re a Facebook member, you can sign-up here.
* As of this message release, there are 338 expected to attend, 109 considering and another 607 on the Facebook invite list.
* Registration isn’t required but it’ll provide an expectation on attendance. If you don’t have a Facebook membership, totals are also being gathered from message boards and in face-to-face interactions. You’re all invited.

If you would like to be part of our Facebook Group, you can request an invite here.
* As of this message release, the Facebook Group just reached 600 members. Bringing everyone together, we may just be 1,000 strong! Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for taking the ride. May there be many, many more!

What a wild ride it has been. Enthusiasts from all generations have brought automobiles from all marques and generations to our weekly gatherings. You have all combined to create an eclectic community that fosters respect for their fellow enthusiast and love of all automobiles. Thank you to everyone for taking part.

See you all on March 30!

Rich “Will” Williams
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #15
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
HVC&C

T minus 5 and counting...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #16
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

if I didn't have to work I'd be there in a heartbeat. hope you have a huge turnout!
      03-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #17
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

i will be there i know my friend at cpe said he will also be there. HUNT VALLEY C&C

best location lots of space,cool cars, cool people, great food and some shopping
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #18
Wonka
Racer 5
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Matt, we'll catch up to you down the road. Tres and Dave (maybe), we'll see you there.

The One-Year Anniversary has arrived! We’re all set for this Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Arrive early if you can! Without further ado, lets investigate the parking map. If you are trailering a vehicle and plan to roll it off, there’s a dedicated area that should be accessed from the York Road entrance. All other vehicles should access Hunt Valley Towne Centre via Shawan Road or McCormick Road.

There are 3 entrances for show cars (marked with an “E”) on the south end of the “Show Car Parking” zone. The early arrivals will frame the perimeter – with the assistance of our esteemed parking directors – to permit smooth north-to-south filling of the zone and to allow for the barriers to be removed for a smooth exit later in the morning.

New Safety Guidelines signs will be present at each of the south entrances. As always, safety and respect for all participants and our host are paramount. If you arrive early, casual assistance in helping people - in your immediate area - back into their space is appreciated.

Andretti Autosport will be in attendance this Saturday with their Indy Show Car! This process started many months ago and nearly to the minute of the announcement of Andretti Autosport taking over management of the Grand Prix of Baltimore. This week, it finally came to fruition.

Also in the ‘long-time coming’ department, about 3 months ago, I contacted Meguiars about our One-Year Anniversary. The expectation was to receive a few product samples as entrance giveaways. As of yesterday morning, no shipment was received so I filed the process in the ‘maybe next time’ file. Well, last night, the UPS driver dropped off 144 samples of Meguiars Wax and Wax. Top timing.

Speaking of car care products, you and I are running on a tight schedule to shine the car – if it hasn’t been done already. Be sure to take some extra time on the top surfaces of your cherished automobile. There will be a helicopter in the skies to capture photos and video. Garrett Lucas, brother of Saturday morning regular Tyler Lucas, will be piloting the helicopter while David Harrison will be alongside producing his stellar photographs. Video via GoPro will be attached to the helicopter for a perspective of our Saturday mornings that we have never witnessed. Thank you to the Lucas family and David for offering their expertise so we can capture some great memories.

The weather looks solid with no precipitation for Friday and Saturday. We’re very lucky on this front.

Over the past 12 months, I have met so many special people and have learned about their life’s passions. I’m truly blessed for this opportunity and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for participating in our Saturday morning gatherings. The future is bright for our region’s automotive enthusiast community and I’m fully committed to ensuring that bright future. We look forward to hopefully seeing you this Saturday for our One-Year Anniversary as well as down the road!

Rich “Will” Williams
Hunt Valley Horsepower
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
HVC&C

Will, You are awesome!
I'll see everyone there too.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #20
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
HVC&C

Washed, Waxed, Vacuumed, ready to dance.
See you at Hunt Valley Cars & Coffee.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep

Garage List
HVC&C

At least 800 car in attendance.
Way to go Will !
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #22
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

wow huge turnout! sorry I missed it, post up some pics!