E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bleeding ABS/DSC

10-07-2017, 12:27 PM   #1
Nafy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 328i sedan

Bleeding ABS/DSC

Hello,

I recently purchased the Schwaben scan tool to bleed my abs system.

For my single piston floating rear calipers, I know I can just attach the bleeder bottle to the caliper and then activate the abs system and let it do its things.

My front calipers are four piston setup and have two bleeder screws each. So do I attach one bleeder bottle at a time and activate the abs four times in order to bleed the two front calipers? Or two bleeder bottles at the same time to one caliper(doesnt sound right but I am not sure) and activate the abs two times only?

Thanks for your help.
328i E90 LCI, 6MT, CDV Del, Msport front, Z4M heated steering, ZHP knob, PSS, XIce3, Bellof led angel & fogs, Ohlins R&T, front swift, Alcon front bbk, Ferodo DS3000, Awron gauge, M3 driver seat, HRE FF15s, M3 Mirrors, coated SS headers, BPC tune, m3 f arms

NA Inline 6, RWD, 6-speed manual, Hydraulic Steering, 4 door sedan! No lsd tho...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 07:13 PM   #2
sd01
Rep
Drives: 328i

I've always done one side of the caliper at a time, but you could probably do it either way. Also, I'm not sure that the scan tool is going to function as you are thinking. Normally you use that to cycle the ABS pump and valves to bleed air out of the ABS unit if you have opened up the system (without the bleeder screws open), then you bleed the calipers as you normally would with a pressure bleeder or pumping the brake pedal.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 12:00 AM   #3
Nafy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 328i sedan

Thanks Sd01. I ended up bleeding only one bleeder screw of each quad pistons front calipers using the dsc activation. Then bleed the rest the normal way using the Motive Power bleeder.
Appreciate 0