E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 330d Loss of boost after glow plug change

07-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
Hallinandez
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

330d Loss of boost after glow plug change

Hey guys and girls,

I was just looking for some help with my car, basically the car was running absolutely perfect but was throwing up glow plug and control unit codes so I thought I'd give it a bit of a going over and bought new plugs, unit and also thought while the manifold was off I'd change the pressure convertor and vac lines at the same time.

So I did all that, put it all back together and it fired up fine so I cleared the codes and rescanned and voila the plugs and unit codes had gone, ideal I thought.

Left the unit and upon pulling onto the main road immediately notice I had absolutely no power at all, so I scanned again and this time it was throwing up 3F25 Charge Air Hose Monitoring and 3FF1 Air Flow Sensor.

So I thought I'd have to swing by the unit and have a look today, upon driving out there the engine management light came on saying 'Increased Emissions" So I scanned again and had the same codes as above but now also 3EED Power Management Current, I got to the unit and cleared all codes again and removed all the engine plastic to have a look, checked connections on all plugs etc and everything seemed okay.

Drove home again and it felt like it tried to boost briefly but again absolute loss of power, so scanned again and this time it just threw up the Air Flow Sensor so the Charge Air Hose hasn't come back on so to double check I cleared and scanned again and now no codes come up not even the Air Flow Sensor nor has the check engine light return but still absolutely zero power.

What could have happened during the glow plug change to cause this? I checked all the plugs I could see, I reached in and felt the vac lines, none of them seemed to be pinched, the pressure sensor was a BMW part but would it be worth sticking my old one back in just to test in case it was faulty?

The only other thing is I changed my breather but again was a BMW part, the previous owner kindly cross threaded a bolt which snapped so that is only held in with 3 of the 4 screws but would that cause all these problems?

I've clearly disturbed something but I can't find what it is.

Please helpppp

Thank you
Appreciate 0