E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede Rev. II CANbus Mapswitching via steering wheel

12-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #23
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

He stated it because originally he planned to do it that way. He changed his mind for various reasons which I have already mentioned and went with the DTC button instead.... it was never mentioned as an additional option as you imply. As I have mentioned twice before, it doesn't seem technically possible because of the separation in canbus networks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltecBX View Post
Don't know the logistical of the cars computer, but I can program the actual Procede software.
Only reason I mention this, was because Shiv stated that it will be coming in the future a couple of months ago. I'm I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
cocoturkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
No kidding? What is in it's place?

Nick
let me show you...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #25
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
He stated it because originally he planned to do it that way. He changed his mind for various reasons which I have already mentioned and went with the DTC button instead.... it was never mentioned as an additional option as you imply. As I have mentioned twice before, it doesn't seem technically possible because of the separation in canbus networks.
Fair enough...
AR Design Catless DP | BMS DCI + OCC | ETS 5 FMIC | Alpina B3 Trans Flash |235/265 19" Michelin PSS
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 05:27 AM   #26
scheherazade
Major
Rep
Drives: 09 GTR (& 93' accord!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrg View Post
If you need valet mode (as I do) and want to avoid all these clicks (as I did) and you don't use map 2 (as I don't) just do what I (and most users) do:

Enter the user adjustable parameters in the ProCede software and set:
- "on" button map - 1 and
- "off" button map - 2 so,

as you start your engine you'll be in valet mode (as you need to) and when you need map 1, with your first two clicks you'll have the map 1 and not map 2... end of story!

Nice.

Thanks.

Mine didn't come with a key fob (I guess we can thank canbus)... so I didn't think the 'on' and 'off' buttons mattered for me (since I have no on/off buttons to press).

-scheherazade
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #27
HighVoltage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
As I have mentioned twice before, it doesn't seem technically possible because of the separation in canbus networks.
Depends on their design evolution. The current HW has 2 CAN transceivers and a microprocessor with 4 (5?) CAN controllers. I believe Adrian stated that they are currently only using one of the existing CAN transceivers so it is possible to use the 2nd one for K-CAN access, although as you have suggested, its still not entirely clear if the buttons are on that bus. I believe they are being forwarded onto K-CAN at some point though.

However a HW respin would be become necessary if they choose to use the 2nd CAN transceiver for a bridge/gateway application (which has also been discussed and tested) and also to keep the speculative K-CAN access as this would require a total of 3 CAN transceivers.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/
http://www.garagejournal.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #28
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
Depends on their design evolution. The current HW has 2 CAN transceivers and a microprocessor with 4 (5?) CAN controllers. I believe Adrian stated that they are currently only using one of the existing CAN transceivers so it is possible to use the 2nd one for K-CAN access, although as you have suggested, its still not entirely clear if the buttons are on that bus. I believe they are being forwarded onto K-CAN at some point though.

However a HW respin would be become necessary if they choose to use the 2nd CAN transceiver for a bridge/gateway application (which has also been discussed and tested) and also to keep the speculative K-CAN access as this would require a total of 3 CAN transceivers.
Exactly...

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #29
cocoturkey
Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Ok so it just flashes the engine instead? I'd almost rather have the engine

Nick
No... IT DOESN'T FLASH ANYTHING ON THE DAShHBOARD!! that's why i'm hoping Shiv can change the SES light to some other light as map switch indicator light!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #30
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: slow

Garage List
2007 335i  [7.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoturkey View Post
No... IT DOESN'T FLASH ANYTHING ON THE DAShHBOARD!! that's why i'm hoping Shiv can change the SES light to some other light as map switch indicator light!!
I have the same engine symbol as yours...and mine flashes
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #31
ehssan_alkhiyami
I don't drive fast , i fly very low
Germany
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 , F31 320D Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
I have the same engine symbol as yours...and mine flashes

I have the same problem ,, mine doesn't flash anything ,,, i thought this is because they didn't fit a bulb for the engine sign ,,, so it's not only me who have this problem ...

what is the solution guys ,,, do i have to buy the remote map switcher then ?
Appreciate 0