E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Diversity antenna ribbon cable

10-29-2022, 12:51 AM   #1
tgmrsch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I 2007

E90 Diversity antenna ribbon cable

Hey there, I've been investigating a central locking issue on my car recently, and have found this severed ribbon cable running from under the rear brake light and the rearmost diversity antenna. Does this contain any signals for the comfort access system? Thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mMs8QVQyz95YNFpU7

Last edited by tgmrsch; 10-29-2022 at 12:52 AM.. Reason: photo link seems to be broken
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 11:37 AM   #2
sabino56
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

There are a set of BMW training docs which go thru the CAS system floating around. Search this forum for them. I think I’ve seen them in posts from ctuna?

Assume 1/2 of what I say may be wrong - I’ve dug into it a little but not enough to really know. I have a 2006 E90 which doesn’t have a ribbon cable in that location on the da. The signals from the rear window antennas come in to da in that location on mine.

The cas has antennas at various locations around car for the stuff that works without pushing the fob buttons (I think). I think the antenna that receives signal from pushing fob (ie. Remote function not cas functions?) are in the rear window antenna.

I think control signals from diversity antenna which go to control modules/radio are on connector on the end of the da - X1143. The are signals labels CAS on that connector.

I’d guess rear window antennas are all not working so radio also isn’t good reception?

Does the “touch” function of cas not work or is the remote when pushing the fob buttons not work?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 06:14 PM   #3
tgmrsch
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabino56 View Post
I’d guess rear window antennas are all not working so radio also isn’t good reception?

Does the “touch” function of cas not work or is the remote when pushing the fob buttons not work?
Yeah, the AM radio doesn't work at all, but the TV seems to work.

CAS is just really intermittent, as if the signal is very weak.

I had my rear glass replaced a while ago, but unfortunately they seem to be insistent that ribbon cable is only for the third brake light. I'll have to chase them up about it.
Appreciate 0