E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N51 sulev exhaust help

09-03-2023, 03:20 PM   #1
Blackrockete9x
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 328i sedan

N51 sulev exhaust help

I have been looking around for exhaust options and there appears to be next to nothing for the N51 engine. What options are out there or what options do I have to make it sound a little bit louder exhaust note wise?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 09:51 PM   #2
bkwld
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 328i N51

From my experience, there is no difference between N52 and N51 as far as aftermarket exhaust is concerned.
BMW PE Exhaust would be ideal if you can find it.
There are many combinations of exhaust for N52.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 07:51 AM   #3
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Exhaust is tough because it depends on taste. Your "a little bit louder" might be just deleting the resonator after the cat before the muffler, and someone else's "a little bit louder" might be a muffler delete.

I think the best bang for your buck to gain a bit more sound would be taking the car to an exhaust shop and having them swap in an aftermarket performance muffler for the stock muffler. There is very little performance to be gained from a complete exhaust system anyway, and they are big $ if you can even find them.

One of my friends has a Magnaflow 14" muffler on her E91 wagon with the N52, and it definitely gave it a nice deep tone without being super expensive or a pain to put back to stock if she hated it.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0