E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Review - ModMy3 M-tech Rear bumper & M3 Rep. Front Bumper

08-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Review - ModMy3 M-tech Rear bumper & M3 Rep. Front Bumper

MY M-tech Rear Bumper from ModMy3 Review

First off let me start off by saying this was my first time ever dealing with ModMy3 and they are great, wait hold on they are the best when it comes to customer service.

Marie is in charge of sales and is one of the best sales/customer service person you could ever ask for in this field. you all know how much we hate that person you get on the phone with to buy parts for your car whatever it may be and they just yes to death so they can make the sale, this is not case with ModMy3. Marie is so good at her job that after i purchased the rear M-tech bumper for my E90 a week later i purchased the front M3 bumper without even getting my rear one yet. ModMy3 and Marie made me feel so comfortable and confident with my purchase that i will keep doing business with them as there line of product progresses.

Ok now on to the Bumpers, so i purchased the M-tech rear bumper and the M3 rep. front bumper. off the back they looked amazing. they came packaged properly so your bumpers wont get damaged during shipping.

M-tech rear bumper Fitment - 10/10

I have an E90 pre-lci so you have two options you can either mod your exiting bumper guides or just purchase the guides for the newer models, i just had my body shop mod my guides so there were no fitment issues and everything went on smoothly, i know some of you are concerned that the M-tech rear does not come with PDC holes but your body shop should be able to make the holes for you without a problem. i had my shop do them for me and they came out great. here are some pics of the new bumper.

M3 Rep. Front Bumper Fitment - 10/10

I wanted to replace my front bumper to match the rear so i purchased the M3 Rep. front bumper to get that more aggressive look to my E90 and i am happy that this bumper came with the washer option for my headlights since they are stock on my oem bumper. Now most of you know that you will have to mod your brake and oil cooling ducts, you have two options for this also, you can just shave down the ducts until fitment is correct or you can eliminate them completely, i had my shop just shave them down because i did not want to loose the cooling benefits. the front bumper also comes with the bypass lines for the washers which is really simple to do. just pop off the stock line and pop in the new line, simple as that but be a little careful when popping in the new line to the oem unit don't apply to much pressure because you can break the provided line. all in all i love the way the bumper looks and fits nice and flush with everything. here are some pics of the new bumper.

All in all i love my purchases from ModMy3 they are a great company and Marie will make sure you get the correct product all the time and if you need to know a part number for something you will have to modify she will be more than happy to get you the part number. If your thinking about doing this upgrade to your car please make sure to check out www.modmy3.com i promise you will not be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
looks good to me

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Do the headlight washer covers come new with the bumper? I want to get the same set-up, but my stock bumper has the flat diamond shape headlight washer covers.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

yes they do come with the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
PINOY_E90
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Bigjoe,

Great honest/informative review. My modmy3 M3 reps was installed today, i am very happy too. We ended up removing the duct to the air cooler to allow the air to flow freely from the grills. We study carefully if we will cut the duct, if we do, the opening for the duct will now be blocked by the foglight.

Your mtech rear is nice too, i wonder why you did not get the sideskirt?

Can you post pics of your car that shows the front bumper and the sides? I want to see the black rims with the front bumper.

Thanks
      08-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINOY_E90 View Post
Bigjoe,

Great honest/informative review. My modmy3 M3 reps was installed today, i am very happy too. We ended up removing the duct to the air cooler to allow the air to flow freely from the grills. We study carefully if we will cut the duct, if we do, the opening for the duct will now be blocked by the foglight.

Your mtech rear is nice too, i wonder why you did not get the sideskirt?

Can you post pics of your car that shows the front bumper and the sides? I want to see the black rims with the front bumper.

Thanks
the side skirts are next i just wanted to see how the car would look without them. so your telling me the air ducts are blocked right now because of my fog lights? i guess i will take them off when i get my OSS headlights since i will have to remove the bumper anyway.

here are some pictures i hope they are clear enough.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
PINOY_E90
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

wow... now i want black wheels... im debating gunmetal or matte black

you still have the stock XI suspension right?
      08-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #8
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

yes i do. and those are the stock wheels also. i just painted them satin black
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
frankgpass
Private First Class
Rep

looks sick. black out that chrome trim!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

yes that next, i was going to do that like 3 months ago but the guy that was going to do came with the wrong size film...so i just backed out before he damaged my car..lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Looks good, just needs a drop.
      08-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
PiZauL
I6 + TT = FTW
Rep
Drives: AW F80

Clean man! One thing that's bothering me, your right exhaust tip appears to be hanging lower, unless it's just picture angle
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Looks good, just needs a drop.
working on that next

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZauL View Post
Clean man! One thing that's bothering me, your right exhaust tip appears to be hanging lower, unless it's just picture angle
tell me about it. i don't know how that happen but i'm not worried about it since i am changing the exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

Thank you very much for the fabulous review and pictures, big Joe! Your car looks beautiful and we can't wait to see what you do next.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #15
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

Marie,

if it wasn't for you and your great customer service i would still be plain and dull...lol

you already know what i'm buying next so we will speak after this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
Sales@modmy3.com
Major
Rep
Drives: Stock

I appreciate that, Joe! It's been great working with you and we will be in touch soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #17
AceBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

great review. I admire the rear of my car so much more after getting the mtech from modmy3 too.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #18
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 750li

So I got around to installing my bumper this past weekend, thanks mostly in part to this thread. I have a question for the OP. Did you have any problems with your headlamp washers leaking? After hooking them up they leaked washer fluid everywhere. It seems like the washers are below the reservoir. How did you fix this? Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #19
E3r2E9r
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Fitment does look good, but I have to ask who did the paint work? The orange peel is horrendous. It needs a good wet sand and polish. Did the bumper come painted?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Schweaty View Post
So I got around to installing my bumper this past weekend, thanks mostly in part to this thread. I have a question for the OP. Did you have any problems with your headlamp washers leaking? After hooking them up they leaked washer fluid everywhere. It seems like the washers are below the reservoir. How did you fix this? Thanks for any help.
No i did not have a problem with the headlight washers. you have to check that during the install they did not crack. the plastic piece that connects to the oem line to the washer can be damaged if you apply to much force when installing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E3r2E9r View Post
Fitment does look good, but I have to ask who did the paint work? The orange peel is horrendous. It needs a good wet sand and polish. Did the bumper come painted?
You know your the second person to tell me that. i never really noticed it. i had a local shop do the paint job and the guy is very good. he did a friend of mines 3 cars and they all came out perfect. it might be due to the fact that i rushed him a little since i wanted my car back before bimmerfest. i am in the process of getting that fixed.

Last edited by Joe NYCALIVE; 10-11-2012 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #21
Pete Schweaty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 750li

Strange. It is not from the little plastic piece. It leaks out if the end of the hose and from the actual jets when it is all hooked up. Not a little either, a running stream.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
Joe NYCALIVE
NYC ALIVE
United_States
Rep

you might want to take it off and just double check to see if there are any cracks or it may not be sitting tight enough. besides that i really don't know what else it could be.

Last edited by Joe NYCALIVE; 10-11-2012 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0