E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

02-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #133
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Aright I'm losing motivation. What should I do? lol anyone have some insane before/after pics to keep me goin?

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 02:19 PM   #134
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Just keep pushing play, bHd.....one day at a time.

Try watching the infomercial when you're feeling beaten down. It motivates me to watch others talk about their struggles and successes.

I'm finishing up week 6.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.

Last edited by Gary@TireRack; 02-18-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #135
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
WRONG, it's making a newer and better version of you!
i keep trying to tell myself that. i had to keep taking breaks...but i did the best i could...didn't quit.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #136
doctor_vino
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: really slowly

What ive noticed is that these videos mess with ur head too.... so much to the point that i feel guilty like im some kinda cheater when i take a longer than allowed break!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #137
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_MAN View Post
First off I just want to thank you guys for this excellent thread. For well over a year I have been meaning to start this routine. Never really found the motivation. After coming across this thread I suddenly feel like I can do this because there are a bunch of other individuals on the same boat. So awesome support thread.

Now for my question. Is everyone here on the supplements. I was hoping to go through this without taking any type of supplements and just eating properly. Can anyone provide some thoughts on this.

Week 1 Day 1 tomorrow night!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICE_MAN View Post
Thanks for the words of support. I have another question. Anyone purchase the p90x protein bars?
i think there are better supplements out there than those offered by BeachBody(P90X), cheaper as well. personally, i'm just taking the Animal Pak supplement pack and using Endurox R4 for a recovery drink. i've taken many different supplements over the years...but this is my first time trying these.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #138
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
I actually transition myself from p90x to insanity. I think p90x is an excellent work out program though but I personally prefer to warm up before I stretch. I might switch back and forth because with p90x, I think it helps build muscle whereas my insanity work out helps tone your muscle!!!

Week 5 soon!@
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #139
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Man, the torrent I have is taking forever to download (should have done it on my PC and not on my laptop, doh)

I am looking forward to doing some of this between workouts, especially the Ab Ripper! I need ab work above everything else!
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #140
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

So ironic for me to see this thread, my buddy was just asking me about it.

Im an avid Gym workout-er for the past 6 years, I hear good things about the work out, but I mostly here that most people stop after a few weeks due to lack of motivation.

That's the hardest part about a "home" work out.

Good luck to everyone!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 04:45 PM   #141
richeerich03
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
Aright I'm losing motivation. What should I do? lol anyone have some insane before/after pics to keep me goin?
Have you seen this forum.. Tons of pics

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-...fter-pics.html
      02-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #142
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by richeerich03 View Post
Have you seen this forum.. Tons of pics

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-...fter-pics.html
holy crap...the PaulyP thread was enough for me...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #143
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
holy crap...the PaulyP thread was enough for me...

holy crap!!! awesome results!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #144
Major
Armenia
Rep

Holy shit thanks for the link I'm stickin to it haha

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #145
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

Quote:
Holy shit thanks for the link I'm stickin to it haha
Their is no way in hell you can lose motivation dude.

How long have you been doing it for? I started week 2 and theirs no way Im quieting or turning back. Because I realized I finished week 1 which most people cant even do fully or correctly. This work is so hard thats whats your sucked into it, its really hard to get out.

Just think about all the hours and days you spent... GONE!!

I think whats making you lose the motivation, is the fact that your not seeing any differences? Which is cool because your doing 2 things wrong. 1. Your not doing the workout correctly or 2. Your diet needs to be changed.

I tend to wear big ass clothes when I go out, school, workout, eat, sleep, etc.. so I wont see myself in the mirror and say "I havnt changed, wtf?" but in reality you may have buy your so used to seeing your body everyday that you cant see a difference.

Just wear big and baggy clothes for a week or 2 and take it off and see a difference. Or just avoid the mirrors lol

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #146
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo>NA View Post
My 6pac college body is gone, I'm getting it BACK!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #147
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Their is no way in hell you can lose motivation dude.

How long have you been doing it for? I started week 2 and theirs no way Im quieting or turning back. Because I realized I finished week 1 which most people cant even do fully or correctly. This work is so hard thats whats your sucked into it, its really hard to get out.

I think whats making you lose the motivation, is the fact that your not seeing any differences? Which is cool because your doing 2 things wrong. 1. Your not doing the workout correctly or 2. Your diet needs to be changed.

I tend to wear big ass clothes when I go out, school, workout, eat, sleep, etc.. so I wont see myself in the mirror and say "I havnt changed, wtf?" but in reality you may have buy your so used to seeing your body everyday that you cant see a difference.

Just wear big and baggy clothes for a week or 2 and take it off and see a difference. Or just avoid the mirrors lol
You're right. I work from home and most of the time I'm in a wife beater or no shirt (benefits of working from home ) so I see my body all the time. I am seeing results but it takes so much energy out of me I don't know how I'm gonna do it once school starts too. It's ok though I've decided to stick with it for 90 days. If it works then I'll continue doing it.

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #148
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
You're right. I work from home and most of the time I'm in a wife beater or no shirt (benefits of working from home ) so I see my body all the time. I am seeing results but it takes so much energy out of me I don't know how I'm gonna do it once school starts too. It's ok though I've decided to stick with it for 90 days. If it works then I'll continue doing it.
Yea dude. Look up pre workout drinks. No Gatorade and shit.

I used to take NO Explode for about a year. Trust me, it did its work every time. But over a period I got used to the feeling so I added more scoops which was a big mistake. My muscles got bigger becuase I drank water with it. It has a very small amount of creatine I believe. But once I got off of it, my mucles went down. So I dont know what to tell you...

Try taking it once in a while.

One drink that fuckn gets me pumped and works 1000000% of the time and has ZERO creatine is. "ENDORUSH," That shit works so good bro and best part is that they come already made in bottles. all you do is drink it haha. Its kind of expensive though. My 24 Hour Fitness sells them for $4.50 each bottle. Its 4 servings. But your only allowed to have 2 servings a day (or workout). So basically you can drink half the bottle (every 30 mins, so take note). The reason why iyou can only take 2 servings is becuase some idiots drink the whole entire thing and their heart rate go sky high and they have to be rushed to the hospital. I have seen this happen, not pretty.

But do some research at bodybuilding.com lol

Thats where I got all this info

- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #149
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

bodybuilding.com is a great site...lots of info in there. as far as noticing changes...i knew i wouldn't be able to avoid the mirror thing because there's a huge one staring at me as soon as i get out of the shower. that is one of the main reasons i had my gf take pictures of me...so i can do a side by side comparison after day 30, 60, and 90. i've also tightend up my diet considerably...so if i don't notice a difference after day 60...i'm going to drive my car off a cliff.

i do have a serious question though. i'm doing the Lean program...and i noticed that Plyometrics is not part of the program. i was going to substitute Yoga day with the Plyometrics workout. does anyone foresee any negative aspects to doing this?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #150
Turbo>NA
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
bodybuilding.com is a great site...lots of info in there. as far as noticing changes...i knew i wouldn't be able to avoid the mirror thing because there's a huge one staring at me as soon as i get out of the shower. that is one of the main reasons i had my gf take pictures of me...so i can do a side by side comparison after day 30, 60, and 90. i've also tightend up my diet considerably...so if i don't notice a difference after day 60...i'm going to drive my car off a cliff.

i do have a serious question though. i'm doing the Lean program...and i noticed that Plyometrics is not part of the program. i was going to substitute Yoga day with the Plyometrics workout. does anyone foresee any negative aspects to doing this?
Thats weird I dont know why its not in there. Have you done plyo before? If you havnt, Yoga X is going to be like Hawaii beach status laying down drinking ice cold beer compared to the hell gates of plyo lmao.

--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #151
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thats weird I dont know why its not in there. Have you done plyo before? If you havnt, Yoga X is going to be like Hawaii beach status laying down drinking ice cold beer compared to the hell gates of plyo lmao.
i've never done the plyo routine...but i heard it kills which is why i want to do it. i'm looking to step up my game.....tryin to BRING IT!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #152
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
i've never done the plyo routine...but i heard it kills which is why i want to do it. i'm looking to step up my game.....tryin to BRING IT!!!
Yoga is only easy if your dogging the routine. If you're closing in on 90 degree angles with your lead leg in the stances then you will be sweating your butt off and working your quads extremely hard. Plus, yoga has the ab routine near the end that is very beneficial.

Someone asked about subbing plyo for yoga. I wouldn't do it. I'd sub plyo for cardio X in the lean schedule. That would make that schedule much tougher.

I've done them all and plyo is harder than yoga but yoga is much harder than cardio x.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 09:01 PM   #153
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

ok i just finished week #1. my legs were soo sore after the legs and back workout...that i sat out the next day. i made up for it by doing Kenpo today(day 7). tryin to work through the pain is gonna be something
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #154
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
Whats wrong with gatorade? I drink water, tea, gatorade, natural juices and protein drinks only so I figured that gatorade and protein shakes were all I needed for workouts.
Appreciate 0