E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Low pressure fuel pump low voltage

07-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #1
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 335i

Low pressure fuel pump low voltage

got 2 codes from the ekp: 6292 and 6293

FBO with fuel it stage 2 lpfp

car randomly stalls out and says that the voltage is too low. Current is too high because of the upgraded fuel pump which is normal. I have been thinking that it is the EKP or maybe my car's battery that causes the voltage to drop.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 10:34 PM   #2
GasItNPassIt
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 (328i) 09

Does the car suddenly jolt when the fuel cuts out?
If you try turning it back on, does it turn over but won’t start?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 05:21 PM   #3
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasItNPassIt View Post
Does the car suddenly jolt when the fuel cuts out?
If you try turning it back on, does it turn over but won’t start?
Car just won’t start for a while, ordered a new EKP because the one i have gets hot
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
ob23
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i convertible

Possible low voltage issue?

Hi I was checking out a bmw 335i 2008 convertible that I wanted to buy. I got it inspected and th emchanic said that there were an abnormal amount of fault codes appearing such as abs, dsc, airbag, brake pads, and fuel pump codes. He erased the codes and checked again and nothing came back. He thinks it might have been fue to low voltage previously from maybe the battery and such causing wrong error codes. The car drives fine and everything seems to work. What is your take on this, also would it take some time before the fault codes came back if they are an actual issue?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob23 View Post
Hi I was checking out a bmw 335i 2008 convertible that I wanted to buy. I got it inspected and th emchanic said that there were an abnormal amount of fault codes appearing such as abs, dsc, airbag, brake pads, and fuel pump codes. He erased the codes and checked again and nothing came back. He thinks it might have been fue to low voltage previously from maybe the battery and such causing wrong error codes. The car drives fine and everything seems to work. What is your take on this, also would it take some time before the fault codes came back if they are an actual issue?
Battery or horrible accident. But with a fuel pump code and all those I would go for a 30 minute drive. Make sure the car is still pulling hard after that. Hit the brakes so abs kicks in make sure you do this on an open road incase it doesn't. DM me and keep me posted
Appreciate 1
ob230.00
      10-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #6
ob23
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 335i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1337 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ob23 View Post
Battery or horrible accident. But with a fuel pump code and all those I would go for a 30 minute drive. Make sure the car is still pulling hard after that. Hit the brakes so abs kicks in make sure you do this on an open road incase it doesn't. DM me and keep me posted
Hi thanks for the advice, I checked it again after it was driven for another 40 miles and no codes cane up. I did as you mentioned and everything was working properly and decided to buy it. Love the car it is in perfect condition thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

for OP, this is from Fuel-It's site

Upgraded pumps pull more current, so if your EKP (LPFP control module) is weak, it may overheat causing it to shut down and need to be replaced. If this is a concern for you checkout our FI-650HP fuel pump upgrade kits that retain the stock LPFP and add a secondary pump.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 12:54 PM   #8
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
for OP, this is from Fuel-It's site

Upgraded pumps pull more current, so if your EKP (LPFP control module) is weak, it may overheat causing it to shut down and need to be replaced. If this is a concern for you checkout our FI-650HP fuel pump upgrade kits that retain the stock LPFP and add a secondary pump.
Yeah I know but the EKP is fine I just need to get rid of the current too high code. Pops up on the cluster and drives me insane
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #9
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1337 View Post
Yeah I know but the EKP is fine I just need to get rid of the current too high code. Pops up on the cluster and drives me insane
How do you know the EKP is fine? Didn't you say you were ordering another one?

What voltage are you seeing from overall electrical system during idle, cruise, WOT, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #10
Chris1337
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
How do you know the EKP is fine? Didn't you say you were ordering another one?

What voltage are you seeing from overall electrical system during idle, cruise, WOT, etc.?
The pump draws a consistent current at all times. The code is from the EKP module shoving more current to the pump so it thinks there is something wrong with the car. New ekp is already installed and programmed
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 06:59 PM   #11
TheRetroLab
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

What ever wound up being the solution to this?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2021, 03:54 PM   #12
Mannymufasa
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i e90

So I replaced my fuel pump and ekp. When I first replaced my fuel pump there was no different, my e90 2011 kept turning off in freeway drives to work, I pulled out negative terminal to reset the system and it drove me to work ( I tried driving my car like a old person would after doing this) my car kept turning off and it turned off on me over 25 times, now my ekp was so weak that it would turn off on me 15 records of being in the freeway and pulling off the negative terminal still worked but not for long. I added heat pads and it just got worst. So I replaced my ekp and hasn’t turned off on me, I would drive it the way I love driving my beemer, 5 days later in the free way it turns off, pull out negative terminal and it gets me home. I know that the reason my e90 2011 would turn off was, cause of over heating, I want to fix that issue now, I want to know what’s over heating it so I don’t have to buy another ekp… BMW CODES 6292 ( control voltage too low)
6293 ( control current too high) help???
Appreciate 0