E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ZHP shift knob on E9X

07-23-2019, 03:06 PM   #23
JunkyardDogg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
Sorry to revive old thread but seems to be the latest on the subject.

I have a is so the M sport perforated squared shifter and ordered the ZHP one. I'm starting to think there is no other difference than the shape of the shifter... I hope there is though.

Did you end up upgrading it?
Did you end up with the ZHP? Is it much of a difference over M-Sport?

I have M-Sport perforated one right now. I can't seem to find a definitive answer whether or not its weighted as well. Not gonna spend $90 on something if there is barely any difference other than shape.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #24
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyardDogg View Post
Did you end up with the ZHP? Is it much of a difference over M-Sport?

I have M-Sport perforated one right now. I can't seem to find a definitive answer whether or not its weighted as well. Not gonna spend $90 on something if there is barely any difference other than shape.
Hey yes did end up with ZHP.

Weight honestly it's hard to tell because my M sport perforated doesn't separate from the shift boot and I paired my ZHP with the alcantara booth.

But from a "butt dyno" standpoint I think it does weight a bit more and definitely feels nicer IMO than perforated leather.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 07:59 PM   #25
JunkyardDogg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hey yes did end up with ZHP.

Weight honestly it's hard to tell because my M sport perforated doesn't separate from the shift boot and I paired my ZHP with the alcantara booth.

But from a "butt dyno" standpoint I think it does weight a bit more and definitely feels nicer IMO than perforated leather.
How does the actual shifting feel? I'm getting the dinan ssk so thought it might pair nicely with a heavier knob. But sounds like not much of a difference.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:16 PM   #26
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyardDogg View Post
How does the actual shifting feel? I'm getting the dinan ssk so thought it might pair nicely with a heavier knob. But sounds like not much of a difference.
I tried to weight both for you honnestly they seem to weight pretty much the same. Within 5 grams of eachother. I let the leather portion of the M sport hang off the scale to not affect to much.

Even the height is similar. But the ZHP does feel nicer in hand IMO and shifting.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #27
JunkyardDogg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I tried to weight both for you honnestly they seem to weight pretty much the same. Within 5 grams of eachother. I let the leather portion of the M sport hang off the scale to not affect to much.

Even the height is similar. But the ZHP does feel nicer in hand IMO and shifting.
Ok thanks alot! I think i'll stick to the msport for now
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 09:28 PM   #28
vchakerian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue E90 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
There is a guy on the net that puts an LED in this knob. Well worth the extra coin.
who's the guy? I'm actually looking for a ZHP knob that illuminates, and just found out that I need a shift boot. Where can I find that ?
Appreciate 0