E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > WATCHES

02-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
charliesum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

WATCHES

NOW I KNOW A FEW OF YOU GUYS ARE INTO WATCHES
i approached watchfinder to value my panerai 00098 of which they had one on their website (albeit unused ) for £6300 and they value mine without viewing at £2500-3500 now fxck me but thats some markup especially as i was looking to part ex for a cheaper panerai and buy a new submariner -
who do you recommend
if thats all my watch is worth then i:ll keep it and just buy a new submariner or i fancy the new sea dweller
any help appreciated as i dont want to make watchfinder any richer!!
      02-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #2
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Very nice watch

I'm sure others more helpful will reply soon. Scooba knows a fair bit

Note to self, must stop buying watches

Could I post another watch resale question in this thread, if that's okay?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Watches? GTR's? Your clients will get pissed off if you cut their shit too heavily mate - plus you don't want the police profiling you.

I can't help with watches, but I'll launder your cash for 10% which I believe is cheap!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

PM

PM for you
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliesum View Post
NOW I KNOW A FEW OF YOU GUYS ARE INTO WATCHES
i approached watchfinder to value my panerai 00098 of which they had one on their website (albeit unused ) for £6300 and they value mine without viewing at £2500-3500 now fxck me but thats some markup especially as i was looking to part ex for a cheaper panerai and buy a new submariner -
who do you recommend
if thats all my watch is worth then i:ll keep it and just buy a new submariner or i fancy the new sea dweller
any help appreciated as i dont want to make watchfinder any richer!!
FWW. I think thats rediculous try dream watches Dane is a fair bloke he will give you some sound advice and he is near you Bournemouth i think.I just googled it and there is one at the watchclub for sale 2005 for £5700.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
Very nice watch

I'm sure others more helpful will reply soon. Scooba knows a fair bit

Note to self, must stop buying watches

Could I post another watch resale question in this thread, if that's okay?
What have you for sale .
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #7
charliesum
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

am looking at exchanging things i have not spending ££££££££s more!
was just after advice and really dont think i could live with a GTR as a daily motor !
but I have just found out I have been selected by email for united nations funding from nigeria for $2500 0000 so maybe I will !!!!
I will keep the Panerai but was interested in what it may be worth and found their offer quite insulting!
      02-24-2011, 06:04 PM   #8
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

I'm not selling yet but eventually might look to as the collection grows.

My question is that I've bought a few of the watches in Dubai. I have an excellent relationship with a watch dealer over there who has sourced me some excellent watches (in our line of work we need to buy 'gifts' and he always does me good deals).

Is trading or selling a watch in the UK bought from abroad complicated or unacceptable apart from duty/VAT issues? Like as bad as imported cars used to be!

Through him this year I have sourced a white gold mother of pearl face Daytona with tan leather, another yellow gold Daytona again with tan leather, a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms with black leather, Franck Muller Master Banker with black leather and a ladies Cartier Tank with pink leather! I haven't been so keen on non leather straps but I have some other watches which do have metal straps such as Cartier Santos which has been going strong for years but needs a good polishing now.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 08:42 AM   #9
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
I'm not selling yet but eventually might look to as the collection grows.

My question is that I've bought a few of the watches in Dubai. I have an excellent relationship with a watch dealer over there who has sourced me some excellent watches (in our line of work we need to buy 'gifts' and he always does me good deals).

Is trading or selling a watch in the UK bought from abroad complicated or unacceptable apart from duty/VAT issues? Like as bad as imported cars used to be!

Through him this year I have sourced a white gold mother of pearl face Daytona with tan leather, another yellow gold Daytona again with tan leather, a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms with black leather, Franck Muller Master Banker with black leather and a ladies Cartier Tank with pink leather! I haven't been so keen on non leather straps but I have some other watches which do have metal straps such as Cartier Santos which has been going strong for years but needs a good polishing now.
Hi i dont think the watches will attract any unwanted attention from HMRC.

a good place to sell is timezone, turfers , therolexforum.
Appreciate 0