E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 downpipe bracket that mount to the transmission

04-24-2024, 12:58 AM   #1
OMEGA412
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

N54 downpipe bracket that mount to the transmission

Does anyone knownthe part number for this? I have a manual trans and im not sure if the brackets are differant between it and auto. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 04:25 AM   #2
AndyTTR
Shadetree Mechanic
Rep
Drives: E91 335i LCI

Yes, the auto and manual brackets are different. The thickness of the spacer is different to account for the difference between the AT and MT bell housings. You can find the p/n on realoem.com.

I modded my AT bracket to fit the MT gearbox when I did the transmission swap. It was a pretty simple job with an angle grinder and a cut-off wheel. IIRC you just need to cut the welds to pop the spacers off and fit them on the opposite side of the bracket when you bolt up the DPs.

I can dig up the photos and post them if you’d like?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 07:31 PM   #3
OMEGA412
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTTR View Post
Yes, the auto and manual brackets are different. The thickness of the spacer is different to account for the difference between the AT and MT bell housings. You can find the p/n on realoem.com.

I modded my AT bracket to fit the MT gearbox when I did the transmission swap. It was a pretty simple job with an angle grinder and a cut-off wheel. IIRC you just need to cut the welds to pop the spacers off and fit them on the opposite side of the bracket when you bolt up the DPs.

I can dig up the photos and post them if you’d like?
Photos would be nice, i purchased an automatic one so ill need to modify it. Does it involve welding it at all?
Appreciate 0