E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Australia Classifieds Section > Registering battery in Melbourne?

03-12-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
jy
Rep
Drives: 325

Registering battery in Melbourne?

Hi everyone. My car wouldn't start yesterday (haven't drove the car for a while). I picked up a varta silver battery from every battery
http://www.everybattery.com.au/prodd...prod=Varta-E44

Installed the battery with guidance from youtube and read that it needs to be registered. The CCA and Ah ratings are higher than the BMW battery that I removed. Just wondering where can I get the battery registered preferably in Melbourne eastern suburb.

Trying to avoid dealership as they quoted $650 for the battery alone! And I can only imagine how much they would charge to get the battery programmed or registered.

Thanks in advance.

P/s: The old BMW battery indicator is showing black which mean it needed charging. Not sure if it's still good or probably just needed a charge. I'm not willing to try to charge and reinstall on the car. Too much work, and furthermore I don't have a charger. If anyone wants the battery to try out please let me know. Self collect from eastern Melbourne suburb. Otherwise I'll send it to the battery out for disposal in the next 2 week.

edit.. sorry newbie mistake. I should have posted in general forum. now how do i move this thread?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #2
naynay
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 E92 335i FBO

i can do it for u
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2015, 07:55 PM   #3
naynay
Banned