E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Trunk won't lock?

09-14-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Trunk won't lock?

I hav a 2011 335i with CA about a week ago my trunk started acting up. When i open it with the key in my pocket it sounds the alarm didn't do this before. Then i notice it will open without the key in my pocket or without me pressing the trunk button on the key fob. The only time it doesn't sound the alarm is when i physically use the button in the key and not the trunk latch. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

do you have the manual trunk lock switch in the glove box? some people have that and that would only let you manually do it, not fully sure if your year as a keyhole on the trunk kinda above the license plate
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesha View Post
do you have the manual trunk lock switch in the glove box? some people have that and that would only let you manually do it, not fully sure if your year as a keyhole on the trunk kinda above the license plate
I do hav the hotel switch in the glove box even with that on lock it still opens with the press of the push button on the trunk itself. I don't hav keyhole since it's lci
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Quote:
I do hav the hotel switch in the glove box even with that on lock it still opens with the press of the push button on the trunk itself. I don't hav keyhole since it's lci
that's what I thought. what a bummer.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:19 PM   #5
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Quote:
that's what I thought. what a bummer.
My only option as of now is to unplug the push button and use the cabin button and key button
Appreciate 0