E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > no boost and trunk not opening

03-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #1
Mp01dami
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I

no boost and trunk not opening

Hey,

Just did a valve cover gasket switch and now I have no boost at all. This is the main issue and I need help.

Vacuum seams fine at ~10 with JB4 and 26 with the lag setting to max, measured at solenoids.

While doing the gasket I didn't remove the battery+... so while removing the red cable across the top of the motor it shorted to ground, quickly and I moved it away. Not sure if its related but I lost the trunk power opener and need to use the key for now... Question, what fuse controls this and can it be related to the NO boost?

Codes:
30FF
30FC

Runs fine when i'm not demanding boost but as soon as I demand it there is none.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #2
MysticRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
38 views at this thread and no answers. Easy to see why, OP, you've already told us what the problem is, yet for some reason you're here scratching your head. If you're smart enough to install a new valve cover gasket you should be able to figure this out.

Obviously you caused the issue with either your gasket work and/or your shorting the electrics. Recheck and correct all fuse and vacuum line issues. Then check for voltage at effected motors and solenoids (i.e. trunk release, and vacuum solenoids) and change out any blown bits. Make the multimeter your friend.
type-dRew641.00