E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Help with codes

01-31-2017, 07:42 AM   #1
Sabao767
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

Can someone tel me what these are. I pulled them with the Carly app. There was no CES light on. 2008 328I, N51
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quick google says the first one has something to do with the CCA of your battery being too low. Probably worth changing if original.

Second one is for your thermostat - it's failed. Fortunately, they fail open so you aren't in any real danger but your engine will take longer to get up to proper operating temp and thus be less efficient. Most people will probably tell you to change the waterpump too but I can say from experience that it's not necessary.

Third is for VANOS solenoid, specifically the exhaust side. I would try cleaning first, you can find instructions in the DIY sections.
      01-31-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
tlow98
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E91, 2014 F15 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
Quick google says the first one has something to do with the CCA of your battery being too low. Probably worth changing if original.

Second one is for your thermostat - it's failed. Fortunately, they fail open so you aren't in any real danger but your engine will take longer to get up to proper operating temp and thus be less efficient. Most people will probably tell you to change the waterpump too but I can say from experience that it's not necessary.

Third is for VANOS solenoid, specifically the exhaust side. I would try cleaning first, you can find instructions in the DIY sections.
How many miles have you gotten out of your water pump post thermostat install?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlow98 View Post
How many miles have you gotten out of your water pump post thermostat install?
I don't have a good number for you off the top of my head, but I'd guess at least 20k so far (and still no problems). It's been a couple years for sure.