E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > BMW Honolulu is a terrible dealer

08-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #23
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601 View Post
This note was sent to my SA and Service Director;

Went to pick up my car for a warranty repair. Took my keys from Vernon and went to my car.

As always, I did a walk around of the vehicle to check for any damages.
Mind you, I have never had an issue prior to this and I’ve been a customer since 2002.

I notice some damage on my rear bumper and tail pipe.

I call Vernon over to verify the damage, which was evident since there was cement chips in the exhaust pipe and you could see the circular impact point on the cement post.

There was also a gouge in the paint near the point of initial impact, not sure if it was caused the first time with the exhaust or a second attempt at reversing.

Vernon called for Mark the manager who is responsible for the lot attendants. He looks at the damage and confirms the report of “lot damage.” The Mark then fetches the specific lot attendant who parked the car. The manager and lot attendant apologize for the damage and inconvenience.

While all four of us are standing behind the car near the cement post (Vernon, Mark, lot attendant and myself,) Vernon says, don’t worry, we will take care of it.

At this point it was no big deal. I told the lot attendant, not to worry, accidents happen. I told Mark, thank you for your help. I shook Vernon’s hand and I was driving out. At the stop sign in the parking lot, Mark runs out to show me the vehicle walk around at time of check in. He says that the damage was there upon arrival.

Now I was getting upset. I reversed and park to search for Vernon because for all I know Mark could have marked the paper at the last minute with “damage.”

While arguing with Mark he states, “If any of my guys hit anything they report it to me immediately. If they do not, they are suspended.” Well, the cement in the exhaust was proof that the car was hit and he was not aware. He then had the audacity to deny the fact that my car was hit on
the premises.

Vernon did his job, always excellent. The lot attendant made a simple mistake, which was accident but not reported to his boss. Mark, however, was very rude, condescending, raised his voice and seemed to have little concern with the damage. I asked to speak to his superior and he said that he was the boss. I asked what about Mike? His reply was, “No, he’s the parts and service director. I make the call.”

I did not bring this up with Rocco, Terrence, Tim or Jim as I understand that this a service issue. But I will be forced to meet with Dennis if this matter is not addressed and attended to in a timely matter.

I do not want money, nor do I want the lot attendant to be suspended, as it was an accident. It’s too late for an formal and second apology from the manager, however, I my bumper needs to be fixed and I will need a car to drive for the duration of the repair. Please also check to see if any internal or underbody damage was caused with the force of impact on the BMW M Performance exhaust.

End.

Accountability is a BIG thing for me. If Mark had not come back, denying with attitude, I would have been ok as it stood. But since he was a "dick" and was not accountable, I became furious.

While fustrating, everyone but Mark, was professional, helpful and took accountability. Spoke with Mike this morning and they are going to fix the bumper and inspect the exhaust system.

I would never believe that BMW would be shady. Rather, Mark, is what makes BMW of Honolulu, shady.

Thank you to Vernon and Mike for your professionalism and diligence.
If you think Mark is bad, Mike is worse. Both think that their shit don't stink and will do anything to put the blame for any problem on you. It's happened many times to me already. FYI, Dennis is just a face for that dealership. He is rarely even on the island.
      08-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #24
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
If you think Mark is bad, Mike is worse. Both think that their shit don't stink and will do anything to put the blame for any problem on you. It's happened many times to me already. FYI, Dennis is just a face for that dealership. He is rarely even on the island.

I can now somewhat relate to this thread now... Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #25
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24601 View Post
I can now somewhat relate to this thread now... Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.
Agreed. I will be making a call to NA BMW tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #26
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Just got off the phone with BMW NA. They basically told me there is nothing they can do to assist me.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #27
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toy

Garage List
Sorry to hear bro.
Sold - 2003 E46 M3 LSB SMG
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #28
335is808
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Wow you guys are scaring me lmao, the only time i brought my car in was for the hpfp and spark plugs.. hopefully next time i go back i dont get shit service.. sorry to hear that has happened to you folks tho, being the only bmw dealearship on the island i would imagine it boosts their incompetence because you cant go anywhere else.
Appreciate 0