E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Crankshaft going?

11-28-2017, 05:43 PM   #1
Kyden M
Rep
Drives: e90 328i 2008

Crankshaft going?

Hi so I have a 328i 08’. Just maybe 2 weeks ago it started to have a rough idle and would even die at times. I am getting a check engine light when it dies as well as sometimes when I am on the road, right after I have a stutter shifting, or almost like a jump when accelerating. It almost would seem like a misfire, but I am getting no codes for that. As well just in the past 2 days I am getting a high pitched noise from the engine sounding like a tea kettle, built up with pressure. I got a code for the crankshaft sensor, does this sound correct. I couldn’t find anything connecting the noise to that sensor. Oh and as well with the rough idle, I have some issues with starting, where it takes 4-5secs for it to turn over. Battery and alternator are fine. I will upload a picture of the warning lights that come up.

Appreciate any help!! Thanks,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyden M View Post
Hi so I have a 328i 08’. Just maybe 2 weeks ago it started to have a rough idle and would even die at times. I am getting a check engine light when it dies as well as sometimes when I am on the road, right after I have a stutter shifting, or almost like a jump when accelerating. It almost would seem like a misfire, but I am getting no codes for that. As well just in the past 2 days I am getting a high pitched noise from the engine sounding like a tea kettle, built up with pressure. I got a code for the crankshaft sensor, does this sound correct. I couldn’t find anything connecting the noise to that sensor. Oh and as well with the rough idle, I have some issues with starting, where it takes 4-5secs for it to turn over. Battery and alternator are fine. I will upload a picture of the warning lights that come up.

Appreciate any help!! Thanks,

I would think that's what the code says but, read about online and see if people had same symptoms as you. You can start from there...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

You may be getting close to the crankshaft replacement interval.
Appreciate 0