E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 Problems/Concerns - post them all here!

02-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #67
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenNg View Post
I am not saying they all leak. However, it is not uncommon they leak a little water when it goes thru high pressure car wash. As I said earlier, when high pressure water spray at certain angles, it may leaks.
Hello, true point..However mine leaks near the back when it just rains. barely leaks, but its just over 4 weeks old and leaking!! but im glad BMW are sorting it out for me and have booked it in on the 16th to get it fixed under warranty!
      02-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #68
StephenNg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
Hello, true point..However mine leaks near the back when it just rains. barely leaks, but its just over 4 weeks old and leaking!! but im glad BMW are sorting it out for me and have booked it in on the 16th to get it fixed under warranty!
Sometime when it is new, it happen. When I got my '06 Porsche 997 new, the drive side rear window leaks (very little) during my first (maybe second) car wash. But it never happen again. Sometime maybe the those rubber is too new and need to be sit in.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #69
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

OK came back from the dealer, they said they did an oil change, and "fixed" the window rattles. It doesn't rattle anymore when the top is down and the windows are up, but I hear more creaks now

They ordered the kit for the flutterring issue and the same thing for the LEDs
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #70
allan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93, barbera/cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerM3 View Post
When you lock the convertible (with the top down or the windows open) doors and storage compartments are locked. If I reach into the car and press the central lock/unlock button, both compartments are unlocked (in fact the center console pops open), but the doors remain locked. So, no one can get into the car, but they can grab your Ipod, registration, etc.

I assumed this was just bad design (or maybe BMW engineers never thought about the possibility). But, I tried the same situation with my 1999 M3. Using the central unlock button, the glove box does NOT unlock. So, I conclude there is a user error – I can’t figure out how to keep things locked – OR there is a glitch in the controlling software. It would seem that when the car is locked from the outside, the central unlock button should take no action – everything should remain locked.

Please confirm your experience. Then tell me how to get something like this fixed.

I just tested mine and even the doors can be opened. Unbelieveable. I tested it several times. The door seems still locked but when I pull the handle, it opens.
The only way to avoid to have the glove compartment opened, is to lock it with the key. I will talk to my Tech during the next service, which is due soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #71
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie335 View Post
K GUYS... LAUGH AT ME NOW!!! My convertible top works juuuust fine...

I had no idea that there was a cargo cover in the trunk and when it was detailed pre-delivery it wasn't pushed back down into place...

...found an owner's manual online for the time being (thanks!!) and low and behold; "The retractable hardtop can only be opened if the cargo bay partition is in its lowermost position and engaged on both sides."
LOL I KNEW IT!!!! Told you!
(Don't worry, if I had a dime for the number of times I left that thing up and tried to put the top down....)

Anyways, LOVVVE the colour combo...I was actually considering the same combination, but in the end, decided with Space Grey....black is just too daunting to have to clean all the time......the red interior is just hot, isn't it?? I can't wait to see you cruisin on the road sometime, I'll totally honk and beam you, lol

I'm glad your top works.....

Should still get that leak looked at though. and DO NOT accept that it is "Normal" when they try and tell you that. Tell them you have other friends with the same car and that NEVER happens.

Catch ya later
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #72
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
really when it rains?

that is definitely not cool. I have had my car out in torrential down pours and it's fortunately been tight, solid. No leaks at all. I haven't taken it to a high press. car wash, but in any event, BMW should def sort that out. Hope it all works out for you dude.....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #73
stephanie335
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartys View Post
LOL I KNEW IT!!!! Told you!
(Don't worry, if I had a dime for the number of times I left that thing up and tried to put the top down....)

Anyways, LOVVVE the colour combo...I was actually considering the same combination, but in the end, decided with Space Grey....black is just too daunting to have to clean all the time......the red interior is just hot, isn't it?? I can't wait to see you cruisin on the road sometime, I'll totally honk and beam you, lol

I'm glad your top works.....

Should still get that leak looked at though. and DO NOT accept that it is "Normal" when they try and tell you that. Tell them you have other friends with the same car and that NEVER happens.

Catch ya later
yea, i looooove the colour combo! very glad i didn't listen to some of the skeptics about the red interior!!!

as for the roof, I've already called BMW of Mississauga and spoken to Tanya (she is the greatest!!)... and she's gonna make sure that the roof is fixed and up to par as soon as i'm able to drop it off!

the good news is i dumped huge bucket of water on the roof on all of the seams and nothing else came through... so i know for sure its going to be just fine in the rain lol

having received the manual (finally!), the care brochure does mention a potential of a "few drops" coming into the cabin during a high pressure wash... but I think this was considered more than a few drops, although not as bad as the poor guy with the blue cab...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #74
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

^I've had my car go through rough rain, but no leaks. However when I wash it, there is a VERY SMALL droplet on the window that comes down....now I'm wondering if I should take it to the touch-free car wash to test?

I mean it really isn't a big deal to me....and plus my car would be there in the stealership for a while...etc....
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #75
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartys View Post
really when it rains?

that is definitely not cool. I have had my car out in torrential down pours and it's fortunately been tight, solid. No leaks at all. I haven't taken it to a high press. car wash, but in any event, BMW should def sort that out. Hope it all works out for you dude.....
I wish mine didn't leak when it rains
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #76
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335COUPE View Post
Your not the same xtremecrusier that posts on a golf forum are you?
I can neither confirm or deny that I, him, we are the same person
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #77
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335COUPE View Post
VOMIT!
Take your coupe through a car wash or drive it in the rain and it will be just like my waterfall
Want to trade cars ?
Mine is the faster black color though
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #78
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Oh yeah, I learned the technical term is "thingy in the trunk."

Top freaks me out, most look at it and say wow cooooool, I look at it and see all sorts of doohickie mabobs that look like they're gonna break any second. DOH!
      02-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #79
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Doohickie mabobs scare the hell out of me too other than the usual thingys do!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #80
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

So I finally took my car into a wash, because I just had NO TIME to wash it myself, and it was the first time in an auto car wash since I bought the car.

No leaks whatsoever
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #81
weeeza
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
OK came back from the dealer, they said they did an oil change, and "fixed" the window rattles. It doesn't rattle anymore when the top is down and the windows are up, but I hear more creaks now

They ordered the kit for the flutterring issue and the same thing for the LEDs
what's the latest on the fluttering noise, did the dealer fix it with that kit they ordered?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2009, 03:11 AM   #82
BoBoB
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible

When putting the top up and holding the button until the windows completely shut, sometimes, the passenger/front or the driver's side/front window goes down partially. I've heard others have had this problem...doesn't bother me that much, but is there a solution? I've avoided bringing the car in as it is almost imposible to duplicate the problem as it happens only occasionally.

Last edited by BoBoB; 03-24-2009 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: want to add something
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #83
WDW1Fanatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E93 335i; Lexus RX400h

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBoB View Post
When putting the top up and holding the button until the windows completely shut, sometimes, the passenger/front or the driver's side/front window goes down partially. I've heard others have had this problem...doesn't bother me that much, but is there a solution? I've avoided bringing the car in as it is almost imposible to duplicate the problem as it happens only occasionally.
Right. Same very intermittent problem with my 2009. Unable to reproduce at the dealer, but I plan to put it on the list to check each time I go in.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:21 AM   #84
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Search for my post. They felt it was the anti pinch protection going off and adjusted the windows slightly (can't recall if inwards or out). I also think it was the rears they adjusted. Done it much less since.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #85
ramorendez
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Subie

Had the transmission lock warning (yellow gear with transmission signal) go off randomly when I began accelerating from a light about a week ago. Car went into limp. Light went away after a couple of restarts and everything's fine now. If it comes back again, I'm off to dealer's. Otherwise, I'll mention it when I'm due to go in.

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #86
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenNg View Post
Sometime when it is new, it happen. When I got my '06 Porsche 997 new, the drive side rear window leaks (very little) during my first (maybe second) car wash. But it never happen again. Sometime maybe the those rubber is too new and need to be sit in.

i cannot believe you guys bring 335s and porsches anywhere near a car wash.
sooner or later you will get fine scratches using a car wash.

i hand wash with bmw soap, have dedicated (expensive) drying cloths and use zaino sealant products.
my car is approx 14 months old and still looks showroom new.

maybe u guys don´t keep your cars too long ?'

my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2009, 02:08 PM   #87
bfung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07' e93 335i

has anyone ever left something on the sides of the trunk by accident when dropping the top down? i'm talking about the 2 areas on the sides which is not covered by the lid and has a tiny storage underneath.....

last weekend i tried dropping the top 4 the 1st time this year not knowing that i left the leather envelope w/ the user's guide on one side....and when the top went in the trunk actually didn't close....that is when i noticed the manual and saw a tiny dent on the leather prolly caused by the mechanical arm of the top....the top works fine after i removed the manual and the accident didn't seem to cause any misalignments....

i'm assuming that the arms are designed not to keep pushing when they sense the manual in the way...but there's just this paranoia in me that i wanna seek some kinda confirmation here if anyone has more knowledge about this...thanks
      04-02-2009, 12:39 AM   #88
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

What info do you want to know? That there's some sort of anti pinch type mechanism built in to the top so that if it senses something holding it back, it stops? I would guess so, since every other mechanical part of the car does. Even garage door openers from 20 years ago did that... so I'd hope so.

My better half actually left a box of 6 wine glasses in that spot without telling me (clearly ignoring the huge sticker that says not to put anything there!) and I heard the nice crunch as I was opening the top!
Appreciate 0