E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iPod playback does not resume after Phone call

09-30-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

iPod playback does not resume after Phone call

I have a 2009 E90 with iDrive, 6FL/6NF, etc. This car was produced in 9/2008 during only the second week of LCI production (with the new iDrive).

Given the "age" of the car - i.e. it shipped with very early iDrive software - I was hoping that many bugs had been fixed in software updates since then.

Yesterday my car had the DME software updated to 29.1 to fix the "shopping cart" bug. Unfortunately, this did not fix the bug that I describe below. (I still have the 2009-1 maps and Nav version 1.2.8 that shipped with the car.)

One bug that STILL has not been fixed is the broken pause/resume feature when controlling an iPhone through 6FL when a call comes in.

- When listening to the Music Collection, if you make a phone call, the music pauses for the duration of the call, and when the call is terminated, playback resumes.

- When listening to the Radio, if you make a phone call, the Radio mutes for the duration of the call, and when the call is terminated, the Radio is unmuted.

- BUT, when listening to an iPhone through 6FL (or 6NF), if you make a phone call, the music pauses for the duration of the call, and when the call is terminated, music playback is NOT resumed. The little "muted speaker" icon is NOT displayed, which indicates that the car believes that it has resumed playback of the iPod device. I have to push the volume knob on the dash (to "turn off" playback and have the "muted speaker" icon display), then when I push the volume knob on the dash a second time the "muted speaker" icon disappears and iPod playback resumes.

My car has done this since I received it, and even with the software update it still does the same. I was really hoping that this would have been fixed by now, but clearly it has not (at least with 29.1).

I've had this same behaviour with an iPhone 3G with all versions of iOS, and also my iPhone 4, with all versions of the iOS for that device. So, it is not a bug in the iPhones.

Does anyone know if there is any fix for this bug?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #2
bsd107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Really? I am the only one who still has this bug?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
mjk88
MJK88
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xis

i have a 2011 328xi and i have the same problem with the playback on my iphone....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
Clark Kent
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco, Oyster

I have the same issue with a similar build date '09 e90. Just got a new software update (not sure to which version since it's not clear in my invoice...need to follow up tomorrow) and I still have the same problem.
Appreciate 0